PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain ARL 9th?

only11
05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I made a huge wager on Sicomoro,,,just claimed in March by a hot trainer....horse never showed a ounce of freaking speed in his short career,,,NOT 1 OUNCE OF SPEED,,,NOT ONE OUNCE OF SPEED...
GATES OPEN AND JUNIOR ALVARADO GUNS HIM TOO THE LEAD WALKS AROUND THE TRACK AND COULNT HOLD OF THE 3

WHY WHY WHY was this horse on the lead can someone please explain....the new trainer coulnt have change SIcomoro running style in a month....

SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK AT THE HORSES PPs AND WORKOUTS and give me a LOGICAL EXPLAINATION?????

GameTheory
05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I made a huge wager on Sicomoro,,,just claimed in March by a hot trainer....horse never showed a ounce of freaking speed in his short career,,,NOT 1 OUNCE OF SPEED,,,NOT ONE OUNCE OF SPEED...
GATES OPEN AND JUNIOR ALVARADO GUNS HIM TOO THE LEAD WALKS AROUND THE TRACK AND COULNT HOLD OF THE 3

WHY WHY WHY was this horse on the lead can someone please explain....the new trainer coulnt have change SIcomoro running style in a month....

SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK AT THE HORSES PPs AND WORKOUTS and give me a LOGICAL EXPLAINATION?????Maybe he's trying to change his running style for next month...

only11
05-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Maybe he's trying to change his running style for next month...
With my money down??WTF thats stealing

tzipi
05-06-2010, 06:27 PM

You can change a horses running style alot quicker than that. There wasn't a big amount of speed in the race so I gather they were trying to steal it. Can't be sure as I didnt see the race. Just my opinion of what they maybe tried to do.

illinoisbred
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
The problem with that race was really nobody had any front speed. The winner did have the best adjusted 2nd call pace-but I didn't bet him-not at 5-2 and never on grass.

only11
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
You can change a horses running style alot quicker than that. There wasn't a big amount of speed in the race so I gather they were trying to steal it. Can't be sure as I didnt see the race. Just my opinion of what they maybe tried to do.
please look @ the pps

illinoisbred
05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Only11-don't beat yourself up over your play. Your choice was handed a virtual gift and still couldn't prosper with it. I don't think he would have fared any better running his usual style with those fractions.

GameTheory
05-06-2010, 06:51 PM
With my money down??WTF thats stealingIf you think they're all gonna try to win every time then you should find a new game. Seriously though, it looks like they were trying to win, it just didn't work. I haven't looked at the PPs yet -- it this a trainer that wins races?

only11
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
If you think they're all gonna try to win every time then you should find a new game. Seriously though, it looks like they were trying to win, it just didn't work. I haven't looked at the PPs yet -- it this a trainer that wins races?
trainer has good stock..

tzipi
05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
please look @ the pps

I looked at the PP's. Did you see the fractions he set for the 1 1/16th race? What speed was there? They went out fron and walked. They couldn't go any slower. Name one horse in there that had showed any real speed in a route race. They tried to steal a paceless race.

only11
05-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I looked at the PP's. Did you see the fractions he set for the 1 1/16th race? What speed was there? They went out fron and walked. They couldn't go any slower. No speed.
Tzipi in you opinion was he instructed by his trainer or Alvarado made the decision on his own?-

tzipi
05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Tzipi in you opinion was he instructed by his trainer or Alvarado made the decision on his own?-

My guess and it's only my guess is they both saw the the PP's and said well no one will be out front with any good speed so let's get out front, slow it down and try and steal it.

only11
05-06-2010, 07:07 PM
My guess and it's only my guess is they both saw the the PP's and said well no one will be out front with any good speed so let's get out front, slow it down and try and steal it.
Wouldnt the horse at least showed sped in his workouts?

illinoisbred
05-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I agree with that. The Calabrese operation is fairly aggressive-if they sensed the lead could be had, they're going to go for it.

tzipi
05-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Wouldnt the horse at least showed sped in his workouts?

His workouts are for his style. They had no idea when working out that come his next race there would be no speed in the race. Horses are versatile animals.

tzipi
05-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Like last week I bet on a horse who I always bet on because I just like him. Well he's a speed horse and the race was packed with speed, so I just put $2 on him because I always bet him. Thought he had no chance and would burn his speed out with all the others and a closer would surely win. Well the jock took him back and closed on the field at a good price. I only had $2 on him. Figures :D

riskman
05-06-2010, 07:34 PM
When the#:6: JUMPIN JACK CAT an E6 (best early and mid pace) was scratched it appears the connections of the # :3: decided to take advantage of a paceless race.

Hedevar
05-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Sinse Arlington opened a large number of races both polytrack and turf have been won by horses on or right at the lead. Check the ridiculously slow fractions in both polytrack and turf events. Very few horses coming from off the pace.

illinoisbred
05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Besides the slow-paced 9th,the 6th today had a 50 2/5 1/2 mile and 1:15.0 6 fur. split in a 1 turn mile race. That is so slow it almost can't be called running.