PDA

View Full Version : Holy Dow

johnhannibalsmith
05-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Got home and the Dow was down 200... five minutes later its down 983... yikes...

46zilzal
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Got home and the Dow was down 200... five minutes later its down 983... yikes...
appears to have been greased

Tom
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Back down 400.......grab your ankles, Mates, it's been good to know ya!
The inevitable is coming.....

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 03:07 PM
That was the sickest move I think I've ever seen (I didn't start trading until after the .COM bust)...even better than the best of 2008....

Went -150 to almost -1000 in about 45 minutes, then back to -400 about 10 minutes after that...think about how much money that is...

fast4522
05-06-2010, 03:13 PM
You will see much more of it going on as Europe's money gets sucked into a black hole. Today it is more of a gamble than a investment that it was, not that you would hear such things from Cramer.

BlueShoe
05-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Buy the dip? Have been expecting a sharp decline for quite some time, so am not alarmed, but a plunge of nearly 1000 points at one time is rather an unexpected thrill. Down nearly 400 as I type these words. More declines Friday or a dead cat bounce?

chickenhead
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
seems like a kind of 1987-esque program trigger selloff.

either way, time to go change my underoos.

skate
05-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Contagion,...crisis on the run, and we have the lead.

mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

Had enough?

johnhannibalsmith
05-06-2010, 03:32 PM
seems like a kind of 1987-esque program trigger selloff.

either way, time to go change my underoos.

Computer trading intensified the losses as programs designed to sell stocks at a specified level kicked in. Traders use those programs to try to limit their losses when the market is falling. And the selling only led to more selling as prices fell.

"I think the machines just took over. There's not a lot of human interaction," said Charlie Smith, chief investment officer at Fort Pitt Capital Group. "We've known that automated trading can run away from you, and I think that's what we saw happen today."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100506/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/us_wall_street

Robert Goren
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
The story is still breaking, But it appears that a lot of the drop was due to the reporting of some false prices of some stocks. P&G went from about 60 to 40 and back to about 60 again. One non dow stock went from $40 to a penny in one tick. Some thing is rotten some where.

lamboguy
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
That was the sickest move I think I've ever seen (I didn't start trading until after the .COM bust)...even better than the best of 2008....

Went -150 to almost -1000 in about 45 minutes, then back to -400 about 10 minutes after that...think about how much money that is...you ain't seen nothing yet,,,,,you should watch the gold market going forward, that is where the real action is going to be

RaceBookJoe
05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
you ain't seen nothing yet,,,,,you should watch the gold market going forward, that is where the real action is going to be

Gold will eventually shoot to the moon, but for now it is going to have to wait until the US$ weakens ( which i think it will eventually ). The only reason the US$ appears strong though is because of it being compared to the Euro. Put a 300 pound person next to a 600 pound person and the 300 pounder looks think. rbj

fast4522
05-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Voyage to the bottom of the sea, remember that one?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/61892/voyage-to-the-bottom-of-the-sea-graveyard-of-fear#x-0,vepisode,1,0

lamboguy
05-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Gold will eventually shoot to the moon, but for now it is going to have to wait until the US$ weakens ( which i think it will eventually ). The only reason the US$ appears strong though is because of it being compared to the Euro. Put a 300 pound person next to a 600 pound person and the 300 pounder looks think. rbjyou happen to be right, but what i don't understand is how these sharp guys from all over europe are dumping the euro to go into the dollar. its like going from the boiler to the broiler. personally i am not going to try to time the dollar collapse. i have been in gold since the day after george bush jr. got elected as president of this country. if i had more money left i would have doubled up the day after this one got elected too.

bigmack
05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
One button affects a whole pile of buttons

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_6_10_12_59_32.png

Tape Reader
05-06-2010, 04:11 PM
you ain't seen nothing yet,,,,,you should watch the gold market going forward, that is where the real action is going to be

:ThmbUp:
Best portfolio: Gold, cash and a double barrel.

skate
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Hey,, that;s theBOs phone
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_6_10_12_59_32.png...:eek:

Bettowin
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
:ThmbUp:
Best portfolio: Gold, cash and a double barrel.

And lots of ammo:)

hazzardm
05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
you happen to be right, but what i don't understand is how these sharp guys from all over europe are dumping the euro to go into the dollar. its like going from the boiler to the broiler. personally i am not going to try to time the dollar collapse. i have been in gold since the day after george bush jr. got elected as president of this country. if i had more money left i would have doubled up the day after this one got elected too.

I asked this question in a different thread several weeks ago, but never got a response. This is not to question anyones financial strategy, and the wording may not be correct, but I still don't get it ......

I've always wondered why gold is still such a valued commodity world wide. I understand the supply and demand aspect, and the traditional value associated, but what purpose does gold provide to those that posses it? A bright shiney object seems a bit neandrathal for a generally advanced worldwide civilization. Is it a case of least common denominator type in world trade thing?

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 04:33 PM
The sell off intensified partly because prices on the major averages hit and subsequently dove below the 200 day moving average, always a major support/resistance level....that was the giant magnet pulling prices to it during the plunge, and that was the trampoline pushing prices away from it during the huge rebound.

Gotta feel sorry for anyone who panicked and sold the bottom today, only to see that nearly 700 point rebound. Then again, that person could be a genius by the end of tomorrow's close... :eek:

JBmadera
05-06-2010, 04:45 PM
you hear that??? it's the sound of margin calls going out across the globle.

expect a very weak open.

hazzardm
05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
In one of the most dizzying half-hours in stock market history, the Dow plunged nearly 1,000 points before paring those losses in what possibly could have been a trader error.

According to multiple sources, a trader entered a "b" for billion instead of an "m" for million in a trade possibly involving Procter & Gamble [PG 60.75 -1.41 (-2.27%) ], a component in the Dow.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36999483

fast4522
05-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Fact is that no one knows what is going to happen tonight, The Germans are voting one way or another on a bail out, like the Tarp. If they vote no it will be bigger than weak openings, so the bigger question is why or how can they vote no?

ddog
05-06-2010, 05:00 PM
The sell off intensified partly because prices on the major averages hit and subsequently dove below the 200 day moving average, always a major support/resistance level....that was the giant magnet pulling prices to it during the plunge, and that was the trampoline pushing prices away from it during the huge rebound.

Gotta feel sorry for anyone who panicked and sold the bottom today, only to see that nearly 700 point rebound. Then again, that person could be a genius by the end of tomorrow's close... :eek:

Hummmm, a little post about some major pain coming a week or so ago.

Pa, some of those poor slobs (you sound like you are setting up to BEcome one of them soon) maybe didn't have a chance, you ever heard of margins/stops. You do know that if they wanted to get out they couldn't.
Nothing is going to give you a bid that fast, the "system" locks.

Hope the next one doesn't result in you riding it into the ground.

Believe me , some poor suckers got killed today. Many won't be back if they are smart.

You do know what stuff like this signals DON'T YOU?

Don't cry that nobody could have known.

;)

ddog
05-06-2010, 05:06 PM

Went -150 to almost -1000 in about 45 minutes, then back to -400 about 10 minutes after that...think about how much money that is...

Pa, nobody on earth can trade that fast. One of the MANY problems with what's left of this "market" is that the HFT boys can drive the thing either way in a heartbeat. Also, with so few real liquid players in the game anymore , it's real easy to kill the bids since there was not a wide amount of bidders anyway.

Danger Will Robinson.

All I can do is sound the warnings, it's always the first guy out that wins in this kind of deal.

Don't be greedy.

ddog
05-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I asked this question in a different thread several weeks ago, but never got a response. This is not to question anyones financial strategy, and the wording may not be correct, but I still don't get it ......

I've always wondered why gold is still such a valued commodity world wide. I understand the supply and demand aspect, and the traditional value associated, but what purpose does gold provide to those that posses it? A bright shiney object seems a bit neandrathal for a generally advanced worldwide civilization. Is it a case of least common denominator type in world trade thing?

One simple reply is ........

Some people think that there is going to be a "reset" and some people think that when the "reset" comes about that one would be in a decent position to buy into that "reset" with some hard assets.

It doesn't have to be gold , although having THE METAL will make you sleep a lot better at night.

Plus it's just a good easy way to make a little, there are tons of people in the world who value gold and not just for the "reset" value.

Why do people pay what they do for diamonds??

and every fiat money system has collapsed. this will be no different, just the when is the question.

bigmack
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
My o' my, the sage advice from ddog.
You do know what stuff like this signals DON'T YOU?

Don't cry that nobody could have known.

All I can do is sound the warnings

All of that explains this?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_6_10_14_18_07.png

Cool. Thanks man. :D

hazzardm
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
One simple reply is ........

Some people think that there is going to be a "reset" and some people think that when the "reset" comes about that one would be in a decent position to buy into that "reset" with some hard assets.

It doesn't have to be gold , although having THE METAL will make you sleep a lot better at night.

Plus it's just a good easy way to make a little, there are tons of people in the world who value gold and not just for the "reset" value.

Why do people pay what they do for diamonds??

and every fiat money system has collapsed. this will be no different, just the when is the question.

Thanks. I'll think this over some ....

Tape Reader
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
IMO, it was a "dress rehearsal" for the Big One.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Hummmm, a little post about some major pain coming a week or so ago.You weren't the only one -- I posted this about three weeks ago:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=874805&highlight=mid-February#post874805

I believe S&P futures were at 1206 when I posted that on April 14. They closed at 1120 today.

Thanks for the credit... :lol:

Robert Goren
05-06-2010, 05:41 PM
All this stuff about Greece and price of gold may or not some validity, but was not cause 700 point drop in the dow in less than one minute. That was caused by someone at Citigroup making a trade. It may have been a mistake, but we are not sure of that yet.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Pa, nobody on earth can trade that fast. My program went short the S&P at 9:46 this morning and held short until 2:50pm...captured a pretty nice chunk of the action, wouldn't you say?

You don't have to be fast....

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
That was caused by someone at Citigroup making a trade. It may have been a mistake, but we are not sure of that yet.I don't believe for one second that there aren't safeguards in place that virtually eliminate this kind of "mistake." You mean to tell me Citi doesn't have any risk management systems in place that would at least point out or delay a trade of this magnitude without some sort of authorization from higher ups?

hazzardm
05-06-2010, 05:53 PM
My program went short the S&P at 9:46 this morning and held short until 2:50pm...captured a pretty nice chunk of the action, wouldn't you say?

No redboarding :p

Robert Goren
05-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't believe for one second that there aren't safeguards in place that virtually eliminate this kind of "mistake." You mean to tell me Citi doesn't have any risk management systems in place that would at least point out or delay a trade of this magnitude without some sort of authorization from higher ups? Apparently not. You would have thought the exchanges would have too. All this assumes that the "bad trade(s) was a mistake. I don't know if that is clear yet. I hope you made a lot money today with your trading . JMO

lamboguy
05-06-2010, 06:17 PM
any trade 5% away from the bid can be nullified according to exchange rules.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Apparently not. You would have thought the exchanges would have too. Forget about the exchanges. There has to be something at Citi that would have had to be bypassed to allow this kind of order to be placed. No stupid trader would be allowed to make that kind of "mistake" without someone up the line knowing about it beforehand....

Robert Goren
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
I am just repeating what Fox news and CNBC are reporting on tv. I find all this very hard to believe too, but something happen that wasn't suppose to. A retail stock like P&G doesn't lose 35% of it price in less than a minute.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 06:59 PM
I am just repeating what Fox news and CNBC are reporting on tv. I find all this very hard to believe too, but something happen that wasn't suppose to. A retail stock like P&G doesn't lose 35% of it price in less than a minute.Oh, I don't doubt it happened...but to think it happened by mistake is just too unbelievable...insert whatever conspiracy theory fits best here... :lol:

Tape Reader
05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
My program went short the S&P at 9:46 this morning and held short until 2:50pm...captured a pretty nice chunk of the action, wouldn't you say?

Hey Pace, is this something like your Auto-bet for horse racing? Does it Auto-execute your stock market orders?

bigmack
05-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh, I don't doubt it happened...but to think it happened by mistake is just too unbelievable...insert whatever conspiracy theory fits best here... :lol:
A mistake or a Pamper caper? You be the judge.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_6_10_16_05_58.png

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_6_10_16_06_53.png

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey Pace, is this something like your Auto-bet for horse racing? Does it Auto-execute your stock market orders? I use a commercially available platform...Tradestation.com

bigmack
05-06-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=Xd6UkUuznz

fast4522
05-06-2010, 07:42 PM
What if there were no fat fingers after all, what if the euro is so unattractive that few want to invest in it. Does it take us down too? Surely if there is not enough money to provide relief to the euro there will be a domino effect that will play out and this is just the start.

lamboguy
05-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh, I don't doubt it happened...but to think it happened by mistake is just too unbelievable...insert whatever conspiracy theory fits best here... :lol:
you better believe it!

they not gonna fool anyone on this deal. i have a bloomberg that went dead at that time, but my backup think or swim had no problems. i am going to ask bloomberg for my money back for the month, if they don't give it back to me i am going to drop them after 8 years with them. and i know this wasn't there fault. i have nothing but good things to say about think or swim and highly recomend it for times like today. they are going to be talking about today for years to come.

ddog
05-06-2010, 08:48 PM
fat finger is a JOKE, do you have ANY IDEA the amount of cap that would be required to do a BILLION of something, nobody outside the FED could raise that jack.

I see they are going to roll back some of trades now. Heh, nothing like a fixed market huh.

Keep this in mind, all you smart traders that captured profit(if they let you keep it)------no market that was not manipulated hot air and that would be classified as a "healthy market" would drop like a stone and then pop back in 5 minutes.

This baby is on the ropes. What takes it down, who knows, ALL small fry will get eaten as a snack by the big boys.

ddog
05-06-2010, 08:51 PM
you better believe it!

they not gonna fool anyone on this deal. i have a bloomberg that went dead at that time, but my backup think or swim had no problems. i am going to ask bloomberg for my money back for the month, if they don't give it back to me i am going to drop them after 8 years with them. and i know this wasn't there fault. i have nothing but good things to say about think or swim and highly recomend it for times like today. they are going to be talking about today for years to come.

This was just the first of several warm-up acts.
There were people and maybe some big boys that were killed today.
There had to be massive liquidity issues overseas and maybe some here as well.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 08:52 PM
you better believe it!

they not gonna fool anyone on this deal. i have a bloomberg that went dead at that time, but my backup think or swim had no problems.Tradestation never went dead, but it did back up for about a minute or two there when things got super-hairy (I watch/trade ES, EC, TY & CL futures only)...that was a sick drop, no matter how you slice it, or what you slice it with...in a way, it was kind of cool watching it unfold, in a "market junkie" sick sort of way....

ArlJim78
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
from todays headlines;

"Traders Jump from Windows; Market Rebounds Before They Hit Ground"

hazzardm
05-07-2010, 01:13 AM
from todays headlines;

"Traders Jump from Windows; Market Rebounds Before They Hit Ground"

The inevitable dead hack bounce :D

boxcar
05-07-2010, 01:52 AM
And lots of ammo:)

If all three are the recipe, I'm in great shape. :D

Boxcar

lamboguy
05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
This was just the first of several warm-up acts.
There were people and maybe some big boys that were killed today.
There had to be massive liquidity issues overseas and maybe some here as well.
i just noticed your post today, and after giving this thing some thought overnight, i think that the 1000 down move was a real move. that means that we had a market crash yesterday. also meaning that we will be heading down alot further. what happened 10 minutes after the crash was shanangans.

there is not one bit of sense as to the markets moving up over 400 s+p points in a year with no volume underneath it, so crashes are going to be inevitable going forward

ArlJim78
05-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Dissecting The Crash (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/dissecting-crash)
two versions;

How does all of this happen? Well, you can thank the Federal Reserve...
1) The Fed prints fake money out of thin air...
2) Large banks and hedge funds borrow money from the Fed at near-ZERO interest rates...
3) These institutions buy Treasuries with a guaranteed 4% return, thus guaranteeing the banks massive and risk-free profits on the backs of the middle class (remember, you're not allowed to earn an interest rate on your savings accounts!)...
4) These institutions then swap Treasuries with the Fed for cash...
5) These same institutions (banks) then take the cash and gun the stock market higher with its FREE MONEY from the government...I meant free money from you. By the way, were you asked to vote on this? Frankly, it's better than free money - they're being PAID to do this...
6) Banks pay the very clown-posse that cause the 2008 crash (and today's) the largest bonuses...EVER...with your tax dollars.

Bettowin
05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Market up so far in the first 15 minutes. Watch it turn on a dime in another 15 minutes?

Bettowin
05-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Market up so far in the first 15 minutes. Watch it turn on a dime in another 15 minutes?

Well it turned quicker than I thought:)

hazzardm
05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm sure there will be lots of Mediterranean ocean side property for sale.

Robert Goren
05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
They are still trying to sort through this mess. But one thing is for real, the dow was down 200+ points for the day when the fireworks started. That is pretty good drop. The market is in a correction mode right now.

ddog
05-07-2010, 01:17 PM
i just noticed your post today, and after giving this thing some thought overnight, i think that the 1000 down move was a real move. that means that we had a market crash yesterday. also meaning that we will be heading down alot further. what happened 10 minutes after the crash was shanangans.

there is not one bit of sense as to the markets moving up over 400 s+p points in a year with no volume underneath it, so crashes are going to be inevitable going forward

Lambo

The more I think about it , seems to me that the issue is that the whole UP has been on thin thin action with not a deep liquid base to it. The big boys and their machines have swapped back and forth between themselves and bid up this joke a little at a time using free money from Bernie and the boys.

Now what happened yesterday was that after the first 200-300 down , some of the big boys were not around (for whatever reason) to make a bid so everything blew out, prices were not being "discovered" anymore.

I think the NYSE halted some of the stocks for a bit and the "machines" said screw that and went looking for another spread to take and there wasn't anything else to support so they went nuts and took whatever they could find no matter how insane.

I have some questions on this whole deal and not to be a tin-hat dude, but it is sure INTERESTING with the Senate Fed/FIN bill hassle playing out right along on Thursday that all of "sudden" the other side goes away for a bit.

That "other side" is just a few of the TBTF crowd. They stop and you get 42.00 to a penny on ACN.

The other deal is that WHO stepped in in the midst of that drop and bought at those prices all the way up?

If you were in on the way up, you should be KING OF THE WORLD now.
You are instantly wealthy if they let you keep the play.

Also, since it bounced back how can they come in and do-over?
IF I made or lost 500K in the market, well that's the risk you take , right.

Does Vegas refund a bad hand due to a light going out?

Nobody can believe in fair and free and efficient markets and have this rigged crap as their holy grail, can they>?>?

P.S. i hear that Europe maybe about to break some funds and/or have to restrict withdrawals, if that's true and they then need to bail out every bank over there it's going to get NASTY.

People need money to survive if they can't get it at the banks or their mutual funds, well nice knowin ya!

This is going to get UGLY sooner than I thought.
How do we export to a set of countries that are busted??
IF our dollah is the big dog risk off play how do they buy our goods at that inflated price? :confused:

RaceBookJoe
05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
DDog...i mentioned the low volume in another thread a week or 2 ago. This move has been on low volume...and the problem with that is like yesterday, when people want to get out buy cant because there is no one on the other end. A little off topic....but this entire move up...especially in the luxury/retail sectors is nothign but smoke and mirrors also.....there has been zero job growth and i havent heard of any of us 'commoners' gettinga pay raise All of this consumer spending has been done with money that should have gone to mortage payments etc.

The only reason the US$ has been strong is because it has been compared to the euro for example....its a flight to safety, whatever that means. Put a 300 pound guy next to a 600 pound guy, the 300 pound guy looks thin...even though he isnt. The US$ will be ok for a little while, but eventually the bill will come due. Lots of ways to play the next set of circumstances that we will see, but you dont want to play them until they actually start. It will go from deflation to inflation/ stong dollar to weak dollar etc...just have to know what to buy and short and when to buy and short things. What is playing out in Greece is something that we may see here on our shores. rbj

skate
05-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I believe S&P futures were at 1206 when I posted that on April 14. They closed at 1120 today.

Thanks for the credit... :lol:

AAaa, dont mention "it"...

skate
05-07-2010, 03:21 PM
how insane.

:confused:

Welp, you got that right.

46zilzal
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I really giggle at folks who are gamblers not seeing the stock market as a rigged game manipulated by the fat cats to get suckers to invest in....

johnhannibalsmith
05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I really giggle at eighty-year-old women that play golf in funny hats.

fast4522
05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I really giggle at poor old church mice who want attention.

ArlJim78
05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
vYabrQrXt4A

hazzardm
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I giggle at the look at me, look at me, crowd....

S.A.R.S.

Self Absorbed Reflex Syndrome

ddog
05-07-2010, 04:30 PM
only little girls giggle.......... :lol:

ddog
05-07-2010, 04:32 PM
DDog...i mentioned the low volume in another thread a week or 2 ago. This move has been on low volume...and the problem with that is like yesterday, when people want to get out buy cant because there is no one on the other end. A little off topic....but this entire move up...especially in the luxury/retail sectors is nothign but smoke and mirrors also.....there has been zero job growth and i havent heard of any of us 'commoners' gettinga pay raise All of this consumer spending has been done with money that should have gone to mortage payments etc.

The only reason the US$ has been strong is because it has been compared to the euro for example....its a flight to safety, whatever that means. Put a 300 pound guy next to a 600 pound guy, the 300 pound guy looks thin...even though he isnt. The US$ will be ok for a little while, but eventually the bill will come due. Lots of ways to play the next set of circumstances that we will see, but you dont want to play them until they actually start. It will go from deflation to inflation/ stong dollar to weak dollar etc...just have to know what to buy and short and when to buy and short things. What is playing out in Greece is something that we may see here on our shores. rbj

RBj, I guess we will just have to giggle and bear it! ;)

If you were "in" yesterday , hope you made some coin. My heart can't take it anymore. :faint:

JustRalph
05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
ppEJ8r7bQ2o

Watch and listen as this webinar guy freaks when the Dow rolls down a 1000

he gets pretty animated at the end........

RaceBookJoe
05-07-2010, 07:00 PM
RBj, I guess we will just have to giggle and bear it! ;)

If you were "in" yesterday , hope you made some coin. My heart can't take it anymore. :faint:

No i wasnt in during the rollercoaster ride...i was in and out before that , but i had just turned on the tv and was like " what the hell just happened". Today i played it really quick in and out once again. I understand when you say " your heart cant take it anymore".....thats the main reason why i am a trader now as opposed to being an investor. To me, Buy and Hold is a bunch of crap. I think it is much safer to be a short-term trader than a buy-and-holder. I dont want to wait 10 yrs to make money, i want to be in the stock when it has the best chance to moving...risk money, make money and get right back to cash.

I stickly use technical analysis for my decisions, the only time i ever look for anything "fundamental" is when i am looking to seeing when an earnings date/split date, or anything else that can move a stock is coming up. The next year or two is going to be very wild, but if you have a gameplan, there is no reason to not make a lot of money. The ones who are going to really take advantage are the ones who know exactly what to do and exactly when to do it...both on the long and short side ie : If we have a strong US$, you play that to the upside, either through a futures contract or probably safer and easier for the average person an ETF that mimics the US$..ie UUP. With a strong US$, you would also want to short commodities, or buy Put options on the ETFS that mimic whatever commodity you are following..ie GLD for gold. Those arent recommendations, just examples. rbj

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2010, 10:38 AM
ppEJ8r7bQ2o

Watch and listen as this webinar guy freaks when the Dow rolls down a 1000

he gets pretty animated at the end........Now that guy is an idiot...hopefully, ddog tears him a new asshole... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I really giggle at folks who are gamblers not seeing the stock market as a rigged game manipulated by the fat cats to get suckers to invest in....And this is somehow different from racing where the "fat cats" cheat and manipulate the results of racing how?

Have you stopped handicapping and wagering on the horses? From the looks of things, that answer is no.

Should we giggle at you next?