PDA

View Full Version : A contrast...In Disaster.What's the difference?

JustRalph
05-06-2010, 11:45 AM
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/06/nashville-the-disaster-america-ignored/

pFjaQoOdJvI

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/06/nashville-the-disaster-america-ignored/

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Maybe Spike Lee will make an HBO movie about this natural disaster...what do you think Ralph?

Or maybe Kanye West will get up in public and decry that "Barack Obama doesn't care about black people." After all, Nashville's population is comprised of, according to a quick web search, almost 30% African-American.

I can't wait for these two fine fellows to get to work, just like they did in the aftermath of Katrina.

46zilzal
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Editor's Note: Post deleted because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the flooding, natural disasters, or Nashville.

Robert Goren
05-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I do not know how attention the Nashville floods got the Obama administration, but it got pretty limited coverage from the news media. They were covering the oil spill and the NYC attempted bombing. They were also covering the Arizonia situation. A lot of things going on this week. JMO

46zilzal
05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Editor's Note: Post deleted because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the flooding, natural disasters, or Nashville.
No but it was all about FEMA

ddog
05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
What's the term of art these days???

Never let a disaster go to waste!

Seems some on here have learned well from the bloodthirsty fascist butcher obama and his various traitor cronies.

Decline is a kind term for what's afoot in this country.

You would think that before worrying about film rights that most would be worried about why we leave our cities so exposed to this type of disaster in this day and time.

We don't build or improve squat in this country anymore.

A sad spectacle , what I would expect to see in Haiti or some other 3rd world hellhole.

skate
05-06-2010, 03:43 PM
things we got use to

like FEMA
like the FBI
like Strong economy, regards to Employment
like Going to the Moon
like Truth-mmmm-mmmm-mmmm
like Security
like Leadership
like Stability
like Pension, Soc Sec,
like enough ink to finish...

sandpit
05-07-2010, 09:06 AM
FWIW, my son was watching Headline News this morning, and they had plenty of Nashville coverage, including the country music star telethon to raise help and provided a link on their website where people could send $$$ or necessities.

Hank
05-07-2010, 08:32 PM
eMaybe Spike Lee will make an HBO movie about this natural disaster...what do you think Ralph?

Or maybe Kanye West will get up in public and decry that "Barack Obama doesn't care about black people." After all, Nashville's population is comprised of, according to a quick web search, almost 30% African-American.

I can't wait for these two fine fellows to get to work, just like they did in the aftermath of Katrina.

As someone that lives in New Orleans,and worked in the trenches during and after Katrina as a first responder, I fully empathize with Nashville.That being said,the comparison being attempted here does not rise to the level of idiocy.

JustRalph
05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Where are the looters? Where are the Cops shooting innocent people?

Where are the police confiscating lawful weapons?

Where are Police Officers on videotape looting a Walmart ? Where I ask? Where?

Tom
05-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Where is the president?

Oh, doing stand up.

DJofSD
05-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Where are those damn school buses?

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2010, 11:59 PM
That being said,the comparison being attempted here does not rise to the level of idiocy.I forgot. They used a different brand of water in Nashville...my mistake...

GaryG
05-09-2010, 09:00 AM
The Nashville response is similar to the Asians after the big tsunami. The got to work rebuilding and did not whine. Then we have NOLA.....looting, rapes in the Superdome, cops either deserting or stealing and the rest with their hand out, waiting for someone to fix chocolate town. As far as I know it has never been rebuilt. Anybody from Houston know if any of the refugees went home? More likely they continued their criminal career in Harris County. I am proud to be a Tennessean.

ElKabong
05-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Gary,

You should be proud to be a Tennesseean. The contrast in the manner the disasters were handled is amazing.

You're making the same point I did in Sept 2008, when Galveston was badly damaged and the Bolivar Peninsula was totally destroyed. No riots, no need for Sean Penn to have the cameras rolling on him when he was rowing a boat.... Just a state and local govt that did the best they could to deal with what was at hand.

Then you move forward.

Not poking at Louisiana, I love the place & a lot of the people. But the NOLA Katrina ordeal showed everyone how far behind the populus, state and local govt's are behind everyone else. I'd be embarassed if I were from NOLA, and I know a lot of people from there are.

JustRalph
05-09-2010, 05:46 PM
oci7DzLWyDA

I love the line about Memphis right at the end.......... :lol: