PDA

View Full Version : Email Overload !!!

dav4463
05-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I have over 16,000 emails on my Yahoo account. Is there any way to delete them all at once or do I have to go page by page? That would take hours!

Dave Schwartz
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
LOL - I work so hard to avoid "email creep." You take the cake, my friend.

Let us know how it turns out.

njcurveball
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I have over 16,000 emails on my Yahoo account. Is there any way to delete them all at once or do I have to go page by page? That would take hours!

I am curious why you would want to continue using this account? Any emails you would like to read would be deleted with the 16,000 and no telling how much more SPAM you could get after you cleaned everything up.

Best to just start a new Yahoo account fresh. :ThmbUp:

Steve 'StatMan'
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
I have 18,000 between inbound and sent right now.

Yon can do sorts, and click one box at the top of each page to get rid of the entire page, although it is best to scan the page in case there are single items you want to keep.

Actually, doing a Search can help you find stuff in the large pile, so you may not need to delete, although sometimes I think I should do the deletes again, because my searches can find a few hundred choices.

boxcar
05-06-2010, 12:21 AM

Geesh...I thought my wife's inbox for her primary account was bad. She's light stuff compared to you. :D

Boxcar

dav4463
05-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I am curious why you would want to continue using this account? Any emails you would like to read would be deleted with the 16,000 and no telling how much more SPAM you could get after you cleaned everything up.

Best to just start a new Yahoo account fresh. :ThmbUp:

This is the account I use for so many things I can't keep track of them. But, for every email I read, I ignore 50 ! I guess I'm too lazy to sort it out. I'll set aside an entire day soon and maybe start over!

cj's dad
05-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Since you have Yahoo, you can delete a page of 25 at a time which takes about 5 seconds per page and another three to four secs to clear and go to the next page + another 5 seconds and so on...
my best guess is that it will average roughly 15 seconds to do 50 e-mails non-stop which computes to approximately 5 minutes per thousand times x 16 =80 minutes = 1 hour and 20 minutes non-stop.

Good Luck -

Damn, I have way too much time on my hands.

dav4463
05-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Since you have Yahoo, you can delete a page of 25 at a time which takes about 5 seconds per page and another three to four secs to clear and go to the next page + another 5 seconds and so on...
my best guess is that it will average roughly 15 seconds to do 50 e-mails non-stop which computes to approximately 5 minutes per thousand times x 16 =80 minutes = 1 hour and 20 minutes non-stop.

Good Luck -

Damn, I have way too much time on my hands.

except, with the speed of my ancient computer; it could take three times as long!

Rutgers
05-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Before you start, I would line-up a good carpal tunnel syndrome doctor first.

You are going to need one. :D

Tom
05-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Steal someone's identity and start over.