PDA

View Full Version : Tim Ice In NY?

RockHardTen1985
05-05-2010, 03:05 PM
How does everyone think he will do? Will he be overbet because of his Belmont-Travers wins last year? I ask because he has one R3 Saturday at Belmont that I like a bit. The horse is cutting back and comes in with a bullet. Is Ice capable of winning day to day in NY?

lamboguy
05-05-2010, 03:09 PM
How does everyone think he will do? Will he be overbet because of his Belmont-Travers wins last year? I ask because he has one R3 Saturday at Belmont that I like a bit. The horse is cutting back and comes in with a bullet. Is Ice capable of winning day to day in NY?
in today's world of horseracing there is no such thing as overbet or underbet. if you happen to be an after the bell bettor and are able to bet horses with 5 length leads, its no big deal to lose a few points from your odds because you have a big edge with the lead.

Robert Fischer
05-05-2010, 08:14 PM
in today's world of horseracing there is no such thing as overbet or underbet. if you happen to be an after the bell bettor and are able to bet horses with 5 length leads, its no big deal to lose a few points from your odds because you have a big edge with the lead.

:confused: wth

RockHardTen1985
05-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I dont post here much, and really dont even read here much. Im still trying to figure out if he was even serious. I thought I asked a decent question worth discussing... Ice has 15-20 horses in NY for the first time and built a name for himself last spring-summer. I like his horse a lot Saturday R3, but Im not sure what the Belmont-Travers-JCGC triple will do to his odds, especially when he names Kent to ride.

Pell Mell
05-05-2010, 08:23 PM

I understand he was hired by Fantasy Lane Stables a couple of weeks ago to replace Alan Seewald who recently died and a week later was fired. :confused:

LottaKash
05-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I understand he was hired by Fantasy Lane Stables a couple of weeks ago to replace Alan Seewald who recently died and a week later was fired. :confused:

They fired him after "He Died" ? :D

best,

Dahoss9698
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I dont post here much, and really dont even read here much. Im still trying to figure out if he was even serious. I thought I asked a decent question worth discussing... Ice has 15-20 horses in NY for the first time and built a name for himself last spring-summer. I like his horse a lot Saturday R3, but Im not sure what the Belmont-Travers-JCGC triple will do to his odds, especially when he names Kent to ride.

I think you might be overthinking it a bit. I've only taken a quick glance at the race, but he'll probably take some money because he figures. That said, there are a couple of interesting pedigrees on firsters and I expect a much better effort from Kells Blues.

RockHardTen1985
05-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I think you told me a while back not to take firsters going 7f. Im not sure about the Jerkens, he goes to 29% second out, but the ROI is not great. His first time blinks, and blinks in general numbers are not great either. Im also not really sure about that group he faced in last... Thats also not really fair of me because the Ice horse just out finished a life long maiden for second in his last, even though that one did come back to win a maiden claimer at Keeneland. I guess the horse that I fear the most is the Dutrow. They paid 55x the stud fee for this one and he comes in with bullets. Shugs horse also had a trip but hes nothing special second time out. I like the Ice but for some reasson Im totally tossing his last and it was bad, Im looking at the cutback and the bullet work as the angle. The trip he got in the sprint 2 back IMO never gave him any chance to win, you do not win out wide on the track just kinda pressing he never really was allowed to settle, when he was asked to run he did and I guess Im hoping Kent rides him the right way and I get 5-1. I am also a sucker for pedigrees and both parts of the entry have big time pedigrees. Maybe the race is wide open, the only horse I can really toss is the 5 IMO there was no excuse to not outfinish Cavello last time. He was 0-13 coming into the race and has been beaten pretty badly since. I cant see a sceniro that lands the 5 in the winners circle.

lamboguy
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM
there isn't one thing wrong with your question. if you are a paramutual player there is a very little chance that you can find "overlays" due to all these people that are crunching pace number's, sheet number's, and buyer number's. you even have guys that evaluate the racing pools with computer programs with no time on the clock. so i just tried to answer your question. the only people that can bet on overlay's are the ones that bet after the race starts. take a look at your odds and see how many horses drop in price with 5 length leads and i am sure you will see what i mean.

Dahoss9698
05-05-2010, 10:32 PM
I think you told me a while back not to take firsters going 7f. Im not sure about the Jerkens, he goes to 29% second out, but the ROI is not great. His first time blinks, and blinks in general numbers are not great either. Im also not really sure about that group he faced in last... Thats also not really fair of me because the Ice horse just out finished a life long maiden for second in his last, even though that one did come back to win a maiden claimer at Keeneland. I guess the horse that I fear the most is the Dutrow. They paid 55x the stud fee for this one and he comes in with bullets. Shugs horse also had a trip but hes nothing special second time out. I like the Ice but for some reasson Im totally tossing his last and it was bad, Im looking at the cutback and the bullet work as the angle. The trip he got in the sprint 2 back IMO never gave him any chance to win, you do not win out wide on the track just kinda pressing he never really was allowed to settle, when he was asked to run he did and I guess Im hoping Kent rides him the right way and I get 5-1. I am also a sucker for pedigrees and both parts of the entry have big time pedigrees. Maybe the race is wide open, the only horse I can really toss is the 5 IMO there was no excuse to not outfinish Cavello last time. He was 0-13 coming into the race and has been beaten pretty badly since. I cant see a sceniro that lands the 5 in the winners circle.

I don't think i said that about firsters, but I know I have heard it a million times. It should be interesting to see who takes money. I actually think the first two finishers coming out of the Kells Blues race are pretty good. Zio Tony was able to take advantage of a good trip, but he looks to be pretty talented and Avenging Spirit keeps running into good horses. First it was Eightyfiveinafifty, then it was Our Dark Knight who will be aiming for stakes I assume after his allowance win last Thursday.

I don't think Graysonia wants to go two turns and 7 furlongs will probably be a distance you'll see his best efforts.