9. Lookin At Lucky (Bob Baffert)
10. Paddy O Prado (Dale Romans)
11. Pleasant Prince (Wesley Ward)
12. Schoolyard Dreams (Derek Ryan)
13. Super Saver (Todd Pletcher)
14. Turf Melody (Graham Motion)

Kimsus
05-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Just was in the derby, is it possible to say I don't like anyone?

PhantomOnTour
05-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Going to miss the Preakness for the first time since 1999 this year :( My father and brother go with me to visit relatives and gamble in Baltimore each year. Our retreat. Due to an ailing relative we will stay home this year, but it's a nice life lesson to keep it all in perspective. Thankfully, the illness isn't too serious, just debilitating for a time.

I begin my Preakness handicapping with the Derby winner, who usually brings his/her game to Pimlico. Been awhile since the Derby winner failed to fire in the Preakness (i.e.-hit the board). Excluding Barbaro, you'd have to go back to Monarchos. This year should be no different. Super Saver just beat most of these and he should hold his form well after only two weeks. Build your tickets around him.

Kimsus
05-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't like Super Silver.

judd
05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
can we find out who the guy with the cheap toupee likes ?:lol:

Bettowin
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
can we find out who the guy with the cheap toupee likes ?:lol:

He will be busy picking up losing tickets at racetracks all over America:)

hazzardm
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Per the BloodHorse, it appears Roman's will run two, Paddy and First Dude.

RockHardTen1985
05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I love Dublin, but Lukas is going to ruin another horses here. A break, followed by a cutback in the Met would do this horse some good. He could easily run a well beaten 2nd to Quality Road.

Kimsus
05-06-2010, 07:19 AM
If Pletcher is serious about going for the triple crown, isn't he lessening his chances if Aikenite moves from the probables to actually starting?

Dahoss9698
05-06-2010, 11:27 AM
If Pletcher is serious about going for the triple crown, isn't he lessening his chances if Aikenite moves from the probables to actually starting?

What should he say to Dogwood? Hey Cot, I know your horse probably belongs and you spend a lot of money in this game and want to run, but I'm going for a triple crown. I'm sure you understand.

Robert Fischer
05-06-2010, 01:02 PM
What should he say to Dogwood? Hey Cot, I know your horse probably belongs and you spend a lot of money in this game and want to run, but I'm going for a triple crown. I'm sure you understand.

stop using common sense

RockHardTen1985
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM

Does the fact that Aikenite stinks matter?

PhantomOnTour
05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
The field is far from set at this point, but it seems to me that the pace will be crowded, if not hot. Super Saver, Jackson Bend and A Little Warm should all be near the front. Possibly throw in Hurricane Ike and we've got a legit pace forming. I think Desormeaux let Paddy fall too far behind Calvin and SS in the Derby and he will ride right in the shadow (if not on the hip) of Super Saver the whole way. The Derby winner is likely to be razor sharp and always gets outta the gate well. Desormeaux will be on him from the get-go.
This leads me to my first interest in the race so far: Pleasant Prince. His top 3 Beyers are all around two turns, and if you toss Eskendereya outta the FtnOfYth, he's been beaten a total of 2.25 lengths in those 3 races...hmmmm. Yep, he's still an n2l and will require a stiff pace up front, but Paddy also is an n2l and this guy's price will be much higher. The Preakness winner almost always comes out of the Derby, but this guy may have a shot to crash the board or better.

JPinMaryland
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM
what do people think of School Yard dreams? Looking at the PPs, him and Caracortado are the only ones that strike me. I havent watched many preps this year, just a few on youtube.

MNslappy
05-07-2010, 02:23 AM
he had a couple of iffy rides with moves that were way too early and then I think he was sick during the Wood.

I love him. Watch the Tampa Bay Derby.

Kimsus
05-07-2010, 10:06 AM

Yeh, good point, good time to point out trainer's don't have as much influence where horse's run as many believe.

Kimsus
05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Does the fact that Aikenite stinks matter?

He stinks?

theguarantee
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Thought Dublin ran the best race that no one noticed in the Derby from post 17 dealing with early bumps...an early move going wide as per usual and running crooked, though according to splits, not tooo slow (comparatively) in the stretch. Don't think he liked the slop and with post relief and a touch shorter I like. Liked before the Derby but didn't like the post/slop so ended up betting very little....we will see how things shake up. Not the biggest pedigree enthusiast in the world but seeing what his pops did in the Preakness certainly doesn't hurt the angle.