PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

dartman51
05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Born 1776, Died 2008
It doesn't hurt to read this several times.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning November 2008 Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million McCain: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

46zilzal
05-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Just shows how statistics, carefully arranged, represent NON REALITY

dartman51
05-04-2010, 07:53 PM
What's NOT real????

dartman51
05-04-2010, 07:57 PM
It doesn't matter how the stats are arranged. It doesn't change the stats OR facts. It's just fodder for people like you, who like to jump on anything that might negative to the CHOSEN one. You need to get a life. SERIOUSLY!!

jonnielu
05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Just shows how statistics, carefully arranged, represent NON REALITY

Anyone with enough intelligence to just keep it between the ditches could come up with the same thing without any statistics. What is really hard to believe is that all the hard work and real risk involved for revolution has been done already, and still the people that matter won't lift a finger in revolt while it is still an unalienable right.

jdl

hcap
05-04-2010, 09:10 PM
The rightwing Glen Beck fans have already posted this some time back.
It was a crock then, and is still a crock.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/unreported-stats/

Ask FactCheck / Unreported Stats
Unreported Stats

January 5, 2009
Bookmark and Share

Q: What’s the deal with Prof. Joseph Olson’s "unreported stats" from the 2008 election?

A: This chain e-mail is a hoax. The "statistics" are grossly incorrect, and Prof. Olson says he didn’t write it.

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp

snopes.com
Search

Claim: Law professor demonstrates that the results of the 2000 presidential election correspond to an 18th century historian's prediction of conditions accompanying the downfall of democracy.

MOSTLY FALSE

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent Presidential election:

Population of counties won by:
Gore = 127 million
Bush = 143 million

Square miles of land won by:
Gore = 580,000
Bush = 2,2427,000

States won by:
Gore = 19
Bush = 29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Gore = 13.2
Bush = 2.1

Origins: The item cited above began circulating on the Internet since shortly after the 2000 U.S. presidential election, reappeared briefly after the 2004 presidential election, and saw a strong resurgence (in a modified form which replaced the names "Bush" and "Gore" with "McCain and "Obama") after the 2008 presidential election. What follows is our analysis of the statements included in the original piece as it initially appeared in 2000, including information helpfully provided to us by Mike Powell of Kennewick, Washington.

* Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University was not the source of any of the statistics or the text attributed to him above. When contacted via e-mail, Professor Olson confirmed that he had no authorship or involvement in this matter, and as Fayette Citizen editor Dave Hamrick wrote in January 2001:

ElKabong
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm just glad that there's a conservative prof somewhere in the Twin Cities...my uncle up there is a retired prof at UM, all his buddies are old wild haired liberals. Funny to look at, impossible to listen to.

off topic...Hamline is a cool place, outside looking in. Football field overlooking a small cliff, hockey and basketball arenas cool too. Home of the Pied Pipers.

johnhannibalsmith
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
... * Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University was not the source of any of the statistics or the text attributed to him above. When contacted via e-mail, Professor Olson confirmed that he had no authorship or involvement in this matter, and as Fayette Citizen editor Dave Hamrick wrote in January 2001:

I thought I remembered reading virtually the same thing several years ago with different names.

kenwoodall2
05-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Most of the states McC won are landlocked; only 4 of the states Obama won do not border either the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans, Gulf of Mexico, Great Lakes, or St Lawrence Seaway.
The good professor is wrong; There is something in the water! :)

JustRalph
05-05-2010, 01:45 AM
that thing goes around every few years with different names

Tom
05-05-2010, 07:32 AM

hcap?

:D

fast4522
05-05-2010, 08:25 AM
You want to watch a video that will shake you to your very core, watch the video on this page.

http://www.darkskiesblog.com/2008/10/07/video-presentation-of-marxist-ideological-subversion-in-us-video-embed-very-interesting/

hazzardm
05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm just glad that there's a conservative prof somewhere in the Twin Cities...my uncle up there is a retired prof at UM, all his buddies are old wild haired liberals. Funny to look at, impossible to listen to.

We could use a few more ..... code6?

46zilzal
05-05-2010, 02:23 PM
You want to watch a video that will shake you to your very core, watch the video on this page.

http://www.darkskiesblog.com/2008/10/07/video-presentation-of-marxist-ideological-subversion-in-us-video-embed-very-interesting/
Quick tell J Edgar and old McCarthy!! THEY found so many left right and center

fast4522
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Why does this guy want to influence people in the country he deserted?

http://www.canada.com/news/nine+Canadians+faced+homelessness+Study/2978718/story.html

Robert Goren
05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
It doesn't matter how the stats are arranged. It doesn't change the stats OR facts. It's just fodder for people like you, who like to jump on anything that might negative to the CHOSEN one. You need to get a life. SERIOUSLY!! You might get some creditability, If you didn't publish re worked internet made up junk like this. There plenty of real facts to back up the conservative cause without resorting to this garbage. It makes conservatives look bad when you pass along this stuff. This piece was around before anyone had even heard of Obama. Someone just changed some names. It is too bad that Prof Olsen can't sue the likes of you for falsely using his name. JMO

hcap
05-05-2010, 04:49 PM

hcap?
:D

Hey banana head, one of your guys posted it as true, and it was believed by many on your side. I bet your disciple skate is in babblers heaven.

fast4522
05-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Cool.

BenDiesel26
05-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey banana head, one of your guys posted it as true, and it was believed by many on your side. I bet your disciple skate is in babblers heaven.

What's even scarier, I heard that Obama once hired a 9-11 truther into the White House. Weren't you a truther?

fast4522
05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Look what we have here.

hcap
05-05-2010, 06:07 PM
What's even scarier, I heard that Obama once hired a 9-11 truther into the White House. Weren't you a truther?Do you also wanna know if I still beat my wife?

You heard?
On Glen Beck? Rush? WorldNutDaily?

BenDiesel26
05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Do you also wanna know if I still beat my wife?

You heard?

Actually, its a fact. Van Jones was a 9-11 truther. Weren't you?

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20041026093059633

Update 9/11/2009: Signatories removed.
Posted by Janice Matthews, current Director, 911Truth.org
Following recent media-generated controversy over Obama appointee Van Jones' signature on this Statement, he and two other signatories have requested their names be removed. That has been done.

ElKabong
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
We could use a few more ..... code6?

Si.

alas, there are no halfway conservative profs up there afterall...my uncle's buddies will be pleased.

bigmack
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Do you also wanna know if I still beat my wife?

You heard?
Are you off your medication lately? Is this all you have to talk about? Mr. Rogers, tin foil hats & whining about BO?

Has it ever occurred to you that you and every other hippie since the beginning of time has been swimming in the most laughable conspiracy theorems on the face of the planet?

You come in here and throw shit around as if you and you comrades haven't been knee deep in idiocy forever. :p

Here, generate a couple and go for a healthy walk.

Meantime, get some new material. You're boring at best lately. :sleeping:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_5_10_17_39_36.png
http://www.buttafly.com/bush/index.php

mostpost
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
What's NOT real????
Everything you quoted in #1.
Here are some real statistics on the 2008 election.
Number of persons voting for Obama: 69,456,897
Number of Persons voting for McCain: 59,934,814

Number of electoral votes for Obama: 365
Number of electoral votes for McCain: 173

Number of states carried by Obama 28 (plus DC)
Number of states carried by McCain 22

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
Obviously false

Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
Since the number of states is wrong, this is probably wrong and is irrelevent in any case. Land does not vote; people vote and 69.456,897 of them voted for Obama.

If I were a conservative, I would be embarrassed to be the sucker who repeats stuff like this. Stuff that is invariably proven to be wrong. You don't seem to be embarrassed at all. Maybe that's why I'm a liberal and you're a conservative. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

fast4522
05-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Cool