PDA

View Full Version : Secretariat movie trailer released.

tzipi
05-03-2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2618427161/

Can't wait :)

Jasonm921
05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Looks good.

JustRalph
05-04-2010, 12:13 AM
nice.......visually looks great............ :ThmbUp:

TJDave
05-04-2010, 12:31 AM
My brain hurts. :rolleyes:

tucker6
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM
My brain hurts. :rolleyes:
LOL. I guess if it's an impossible true story, then it is impossible.

Igeteven
05-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Great,

Watch this, Please look at the people, when the horse comes out on the track,

Secretariat A Moment of Eternity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHvR7K1btQ&feature=related

Source youtube,

enjoy the clip

46zilzal
05-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Keeneland? TO my knowledge he never raced there.

46zilzal
05-04-2010, 10:41 AM
You tube tells us that in the BELMONT he ran each fraction faster than the last

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl-IVl-UGE4&feature=related

Don't think so

Igeteven
05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
In 2005, Secretariat appeared once more in ESPN Classic's show Who's No. 1?. In the list of "Greatest Sports Performances" (by individual athletes), the horse was the only non-human on the list, his run at Belmont ranking second behind Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game.

Brogan
05-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Keeneland? TO my knowledge he never raced there.
BEL - 6 starts, 4 wins
AQU - 5 starts, 3 wins
SAR - 4 starts, 3 wins
and
1-for-1 at AP, CD, GS, LRL, PIM, and WO.

I don't see any Keeneland in there either.

Looking back, if he had just avoided that damn NYRA, he could have had a perfect record! :D :D :D

tucker6
05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
In 2005, Secretariat appeared once more in ESPN Classic's show Who's No. 1?. In the list of "Greatest Sports Performances" (by individual athletes), the horse was the only non-human on the list, his run at Belmont ranking second behind Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game.
I believe it was the greatest performance. Wilt was being fed the ball all night in an attempt to get to 100. Big Red did it all by himself with no urging. Even more amazing is that he did it as a three year old.

46zilzal
05-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I believe it was the greatest performance. Wilt was being fed the ball all night in an attempt to get to 100. Big Red did it all by himself with no urging. Even more amazing is that he did it as a three year old.
I have a good friend, an owner/breeder, who is logical in all else about the thoroughbred who just cannot accept this fellow...ODD

joanied
05-04-2010, 02:04 PM

:ThmbUp: :) :ThmbUp:

joanied
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Great,

Watch this, Please look at the people, when the horse comes out on the track,

Secretariat A Moment of Eternity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHvR7K1btQ&feature=related

Source youtube,

enjoy the clip

Thanks for that clip...sat there and cried like a baby...for the millionth time...I can't imagine anyone watching his Belmont not choking up and crying!

Wish there were an HD video of Big Red's TC races... wish I could have been able to make out Jim Dailey's handsome face as he brought Secretartiat back to the winner's circle...I think every woman on the backside had a crush on him:) ...I spent a lot of time at the Dailey's home all through high school...his son, Jimmy was my best 'boy' friend.

joanied
05-04-2010, 02:30 PM

Thanks, tzipi...I can't wait either:jump: ...I beleive the last time we went to the movie theater was for the Lord of the Rings trilogy...I think we'll have to go see this on the big screen too...besides, if we don't, I'll have to wait a few months for the DVD release.
I will bring a box of tissues with me to the theater:D

I can see just from the trailer that it will have some of the usual Disney corny stuff...but, I guess that's OK.

tzipi
05-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I also agree. Can't stand that 100 pt game talk. Such a crock. Wilt took almost every shot(63 attempts) and they sent him to the line 32 times! Jordan,Shaq,Lebron,Kobe,Ewing,Wade,etc,etc could all do that if they were given every shot and sent to the line like that. Secretariats feat was amazing and not just given too him.

Yeah I cant wait too joained. Looks like it's going to be a great movie.

joanied
05-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I hope it is...I hope it does as well as Seabiscuit and gets nominated for an Academy Award:jump:
Then we'll have 2 more to look forward to...Julie Krone's movie, "Freak" and this new one starting production that will be a comedy type race movie. Ain't this just so :cool: !!

tzipi
05-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I hope it is...I hope it does as well as Seabiscuit and gets nominated for an Academy Award:jump:
Then we'll have 2 more to look forward to...Julie Krone's movie, "Freak" and this new one starting production that will be a comedy type race movie. Ain't this just so :cool: !!

Wow, didn't know they were doing a movie about Julie Krone. That's cool. Just looked it up and it's seems Dakota Fanning is playing Julie.

46zilzal
05-04-2010, 06:23 PM
In the book The Horse that God Built, there are some not too nice things suggested about how groom Eddie Sweat was treated.....He died rather young and a pauper

46zilzal
05-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow, didn't know they were doing a movie about Julie Krone. That's cool. Just looked it up and it's seems Dakota Fanning is playing Julie.
Her ride on Forty Niner in the 1988 Breeder`s Cup Classic was the absolute worst ride I have ever seen in a grade one race. A well know pace prompter in EVERY ONE OF HIS VICTORIES, she took him far back all over the track and along the worst lane all day.....WOOF

They could easily use the word freak for that ride

banacek
05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Her ride on Forty Niner in the 1988 Breeder`s Cup Classic was the absolute worst ride I have ever seen in a grade one race. A well know pace prompter in EVERY ONE OF HIS VICTORIES, she took him far back all over the track and along the worst lane all day.....WOOF

They could easily use the word freak for that ride

46..can always count on you to find the bright side of a great story..:bang: and this time pointing out something negative for 2 great stories. You must be a riot at a party.

Julie will always have a be a fav of mine..two reasons..Colonial Affair.made me nice money when I was on a bad streak. And most of all Debonair Joe..caught her on him twice at boxcar prices. Not only that ...that pick required cj to "eat his shorts".:) (I was anotherdave back then.)

46zilzal
05-04-2010, 07:18 PM
46..can always count on you to find the bright side of a great story..:bang: and this time pointing out something negative for 2 great stories. You must be a riot at a party.

Reality is what it is,,,,Check out all the other Forty Niner runs....not another like it.

precocity
05-04-2010, 07:27 PM

will definitely check it out!!!! BIG RED!!!!!! :ThmbUp:

Hanover1
05-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Read the book myself, and sadly, that type of treatment went on long after Eddie was gone, and still does today in certain sheds. I saw it firsthand. My sister had the 2yr old of the year once (trots) and the horse banked well over 1m in just over 10 months of racing. Her bonus......zippo. The only guy who ever did me right in the shed was Tony Foyt (A.J. Foyts son) when we had a few of Lundys horses.

joanied
05-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Eddie Sweat was one of the best people you'd ever want to know...and like many in Lucien's barn...never got the credit he deserved. Lucien was a f'n tight-wad...cheap, cheap, cheap.