PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone shed some light on 2 horses for me?

Shelby
05-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm legitimately wanting to know why these two horses were entered into these two races. I studied and studied and was left scratching my head. I finally put $2 WPS on each of them in case I was missing something. Needless to say, I'm $12 shorter. I just know all of you smart horse people will be able to help me!

Both races were Saturday at Churchill.

Race #9--The CD Grade #2 $250,000

(This race included Munnings and Musket Man, so you know the caliber of horses in this race is good)

#4--Victory Notion trained by Jeff Talley

Race #10--The Woodford Reserve Turf Classic Grade#1 $500,000

Again (oddly enough) the #4--Pop Tarrt trained by Joseph Deegan

Thanks in advance for any insight shared :)

Bettowin
05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
IMO, neither horse had a chance to hit the money but on Derby day there will be horses running over their head because the owners want to have a horse run on Derby day and the trainers comply. Don't know if this was the case for these two but I wouldn't see any other reason to run them. Easy tosses if you are betting:)

kenwoodall2
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
VN did well closing in a 6f sprint. "4, Pop Tarrt: Speed figures lag behind these but if Gonzalez keeps him off the pace and the predicted soft turf conditions tire leaders badly enough, he can close on them to make a gimmick bid to inflate the prices."
He did welll in some turf runs but lousy on Plubber in Nov, and in Nov had slowing works, so maybe the Nov.-May layoff was for a leg or lung problem. He seemed to either do well or lousy alternatively so I suspect a recent physical problem of some kind.