PDA

View Full Version : Tongue ties in the SLOP?

sammy the sage
05-03-2010, 08:00 AM
for the Derby...when watching the post parade...it suddenly dawned on me...those tongues are gonna get covered in mud...how will horse handle it....not good is my thought...

anybody KNOW for sure....exactly who did have their tongue tied for this race???

and as a generality?

slewis
05-03-2010, 08:50 AM
for the Derby...when watching the post parade...it suddenly dawned on me...those tongues are gonna get covered in mud...how will horse handle it....not good is my thought...

anybody KNOW for sure....exactly who did have their tongue tied for this race???

and as a generality?

Before each race...when the trucks either harrow or float the race track...a thin coat of molasses is sprayed of top of the dirt to make it palatable.

Robert Goren
05-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Before each race...when the trucks either harrow or float the race track...a thin coat of molasses is sprayed of top of the dirt to make it palatable.:lol: :lol: :lol:

46zilzal
05-03-2010, 09:49 AM

and as a generality?

Anthropomorphizing again...... horses don't care a bit

Brogan
05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Ideally they run with their mouths closed. If they tend to open their mouths you start adding equipment...noseband (with or without shadow roll), drop noseband, figure 8...until hopefully you find something that works.

Fingal
05-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Before each race...when the trucks either harrow or float the race track...a thin coat of molasses is sprayed of top of the dirt to make it palatable.

It also might make the oily smell of some of these synthetic tracks more bearable on hot days.