PDA

View Full Version : May 1st Del. Park Race 8

cj's dad
05-03-2010, 12:31 AM
I was at Pimlico Saturday with some friends and although I did not bet this race, several did.

The #6 appeared to be the winner, beating the #4 and all watching the monitor agreed, although it was close

The cameraman kept showing the #4 & #6 as the photo was being looked at. No one thought that it was that close but the consensus was that at best there would be a dead heat. The #4 was put up as the winner. No photo was shown, no replay, nothing.

If anyone remembers this race and cares to comment, please feel free to do so, or iif anyone can post a link to the race, I would love to see it again and see what I am missing.

RXB
05-03-2010, 12:43 AM
I watched the replay, includind slo-mo. It was mighty close. I wouldn't have been able to call it. Very close to a dead heat.

SoCalCircuit
05-03-2010, 01:23 AM
I was there and saw it live. The 6 horse (gandolf) is one of my favorites. I didnt bet on it but my friend and i watched the race and thought to ourselves "wow i guess we shouldve bet on gandolf this time at good odds", we then walked to get a beer or something real quick, came back to the grandstand and were shocked when we saw the official order on the big screen.

NJ Stinks
05-03-2010, 02:22 AM
I just watched it too and agree with RXB. Those two small white Delaware Park signs on each side of the wire don't make it any easier to pick up the wire IMO.

wisconsin
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Had a box plus win money on the :6:

Never did see a photo, and the replay looked like the :6: won, but can't be a sore winner.