PDA

View Full Version : A Little Credit....

SmartyLane
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
What a race the Derby this year was!!!

Had lots of fun trying to find ways to pick the horses.

My favorite horse of this year so far ran his eyes out. Paddy O'Prado, I have been liking him for a long time now.

I want to just give a little credit to some horses that ran there buts off, whether they had a troubled trip, or outran the pedigree, or the jockey made some wrong moves with them- these guys kept on trying with mud and slop being thrown in their face the whole time.

Noble's Promise- I gave him NO CHANCE of getting the distance and he actually hit the lead for a bit in the stretch. Gotta give credit to this gutsy little guy, who has been outrunning that pedigree all year.

Paddy O'Prado- Got stopped in the stretch and for about a second I thought my guy had a chance. Ran a hell of a race. Hadn't been on dirt, or slop since is first race if I remember correctly.

Ice Box- He was who I thought would win. Got stopped a couple of times in the stetch. Hell of a run by him.

And Last but certainly not least

Lookin At Lucky- Wow. I simply think this horse is the hardest knocking, most determined horse I have seen since I have been in this great game. Definitely not the best horse, so don't get me wrong, but watching him give his all EVERYTIME gives me the chills. Especially yesterday, most horses would of been done after that first bump. Not Lucky, he kept coming and was in the mix turning for home. Got in behind a wall of horses and stopped for a bit. Then kept on running.

Sometimes I think we all need to take a step back and take a deep breath. The betting side is fun and all but the best part is watching these animals try so damn hard all for our entertainment.

And here is a thank you for a safe accident-free derby again this year.

Done with my sentimental rambling, bring on the Preakness.

kenwoodall2
05-03-2010, 01:27 AM
That IS great news!!

Shelby
05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::T hmbUp::ThmbUp: Nice post, Smarty!

LottaKash
05-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I sure would like to see a "Derby" that is run on a "dry track", tho......Maybe next year.....Will Calvin win it then ?...

best,

joanied
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
SmartyLane...good post:ThmbUp:
By the way...I heard McPeek interveiwed and he said they will most probably keep Noble's Promise to races at a mile. (I mentioned in another thread i thought if they do that he'll win a lot of races for them...he's a tryin' SOB, that's for sure.
Lucky...well, IMO...he has courage written all over him!

JPinMaryland
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
yeah at first I thought Nobles Promise moved too early but he moved almost at the same time as Super Saver, most like a distance issue.

salty
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
How come nobody mentioned Make Music For Me? I swear this poor horse doesn't get any credit ever. runner up longest-shot-on-the-board. Read the comments in the result chart. This guy never finished to far back from lookin at lucky yet somehow manages to be 31-1?

JPinMaryland
05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Stevie Belmont did mention him, not sure any of us were paying attention.. :bang: