PDA

View Full Version : Tioga HYPE???????

Not4Love
05-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Any word on the handle numbers? I've been following twinspires. I just bet 50 into the 6th on Raytheking. He was 2-1, approacing the gate when i sent the money in. He ends up going 3/4 and paid $3.50. Guess I'll have to change my plans for Tioga. Pools are too small.:confused:

LottaKash
05-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Any word on the handle numbers? I've been following twinspires. I just bet 50 into the 6th on Raytheking. He was 2-1, approacing the gate when i sent the money in. He ends up going 3/4 and paid $3.50. Guess I'll have to change my plans for Tioga. Pools are too small.:confused:

Yeah, kinda....:eek:

best,

melman
05-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Not all that bad, today at Tioga I had $30 win on an $11 and change and on a $22 and change. Also 4 buck exacta that paid $152 and change. Think the small bettor will like Tioga's 50 cent tri's. I sure did in race 8.

rrbauer
05-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Win pool on 6th race was $2007. $953 bet on the #6. So you had about 1/19th of the action.

melman
05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Hey Rich, lousy day for me on opening night. A little better today. Hope you have been "on board" for a few.

Augie16
05-02-2010, 05:36 PM
A lousy day for me too today on my first try. Maybe the magic doesn't kick in till the second attempt.

willphorse
05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Handle will rise! The "Big Bettors" usually pass the 1st weekend at Tioga, as they like to see how the track races. I know of atleast 10 people who wager over $50-$100 a race weren't there. 8 Of them Car-pooled to Churchill for the Derby, and a few others were sitting together in the stands just taking notes on the races and how they unfolded. As you can see according to last year, the Attendance was up, but Handle was down. Confusing part is Attendance was almost DOUBLED. And that was on Sunday! Saturday the place was so packed there were NO seats available.

Usually Friday Nights are Tioga's best nights in my opinion. They have a good showing, and that is usually when the handle is the highest. Watch next weeks handle! I am willing to bet it is a great deal higher! And will be especially high on the 1st Friday Night of racing!

DeanT
05-03-2010, 12:36 PM
It's harness racing; small pools are the norm :confused:

It's not too bad when compared to other tracks their size. Their sister track with similar quality who is is running now has about $700 win pools. Tioga is getting 4 or 5X that.

LottaKash
05-03-2010, 12:55 PM
It's harness racing; small pools are the norm :confused:

It's not too bad when compared to other tracks their size. Their sister track with similar quality who is is running now has about $700 win pools. Tioga is getting 4 or 5X that.

Hey Dean, without trying to turn this into a debate or anything, but "I" always considered a "sister-track" as being a track that alternated the racing dates with each other...

I guess you were referring to Vernon Downs as the sister-track running "now" ?....

best,

DeanT
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi JJ,

Ya, I just meant the same owners.

LottaKash
05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi JJ,

Ya, I just meant the same owners.

You mean, some "sisters" own the same tracks ? :D

best,

Not4Love
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the numbers. My computer was "in and out" all day with bad weather (Satellite). Unable to see the numbers for this race. I did have a profitable weekend and look forward to next. Did anyone see Cactus Creek on sunday? Wow.

trying2win
05-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I recommended awhile ago to the Tioga Team here, that the ADW, LINK2BET.COM didn't have Tioga Downs on their betting menu. I also followed up and told the CEO of LINK2BET about my recommendation. He liked it.

I can happily report that LINK2BET now has Tioga Downs on their menu. Hopefully that exposure to more international wagers will help the handle at this track.

T2W

willphorse
05-04-2010, 05:17 PM
T2W! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

tone3
05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
very good :jump:

Pacingguy
05-04-2010, 07:01 PM
It is important that we support Tioga. If this experiment fails, how quick do you think another track will be willing to cut their takeout rate. It will take time to build up the pools. It doesn't happen over night.

We need to be willing to accept smaller payoffs for the long term good of racing or if you are not willing, cut back on your wagering so you don't crush the odds. The key is to support Tioga.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I recommended awhile ago to the Tioga Team here, that the ADW, LINK2BET.COM didn't have Tioga Downs on their betting menu. I also followed up and told the CEO of LINK2BET about my recommendation. He liked it.

I can happily report that LINK2BET now has Tioga Downs on their menu. Hopefully that exposure to more international wagers will help the handle at this track.

T2W

Great job. I too noticed that one of my ADW was void of Tioga. BetAmerica did not offer them last week. I emailed them and they replied that they will try this coming week. I checked the schedule last night and sure enough, Tioga is one of the tracks to be offered there.

I was at Mountaineer on Saturday and they did not carry it. I basically informed them and left a printed story about Tioga's attempt and asked them if they want me to bet all night on my cell phone next week or do you want me to walk to the window to place my wagers? Will see what happens this weekend.

I also sent an email to Wheeling Downs. No reply just yet but they do not even post their simucast tracks online at their site. Slots have killed the owners enthusiaism for the racing side of the Racino. We have to get the word out. It will only help our collective bottom lines for the rest of our lives if we succeed. We work now and get paid for the future.

rtd

Sea Biscuit
05-05-2010, 12:20 AM
It is important that we support Tioga. If this experiment fails, how quick do you think another track will be willing to cut their takeout rate. It will take time to build up the pools. It doesn't happen over night.

We need to be willing to accept smaller payoffs for the long term good of racing or if you are not willing, cut back on your wagering so you don't crush the odds. The key is to support Tioga.

You are right Pacingguy about supporting Tioga.

If this experiment fails it won't be good for harness racing.

On a happier note its good to see Woodbine hitting over 1.4 mils on Saturday and Monday last.

Their post race interviews with trainers is also a step in the right direction as I find them very informative.

Sea Biscuit.

LottaKash
05-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Their post race interviews with trainers is also a step in the right direction as I find them very informative.

Sea Biscuit.

Yes Biscuit, I am rather enjoying those interviews as well...A nice touch, keeping the fans in touch with the trainers and the drivers....And, as a bonus, the trainers and drivers give away some nifty little clues and insights about the horses that they are taliking about...I always gain a little insight from each of those little vignettes...It is a nice step, in the right direction...:jump:

best,

Horseplayersbet.com
05-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Horseplayersbet.com has Tioga. Besides the bet $100 get $50 introductory offer going on right now, I'm offering outstanding bonuses on Tioga action in order to try to support their move to lower track takeouts.

Sea Biscuit
05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Yes Biscuit, I am rather enjoying those interviews as well...A nice touch, keeping the fans in touch with the trainers and the drivers....And, as a bonus, the trainers and drivers give away some nifty little clues and insights about the horses that they are taliking about...I always gain a little insight from each of those little vignettes...It is a nice step, in the right direction...:jump:

best,

John I also liked Woodbine taking the initiative and put all their overnight races replays on U-Tube for all to enjoy. I think this a first for any harness track and more tracks should do the same.

Sea Biscuit

LottaKash
05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
John I also liked Woodbine taking the initiative and put all their overnight races replays on U-Tube for all to enjoy. I think this a first for any harness track and more tracks should do the same.

Sea Biscuit

Yeah Biscuit, another nice feature....I use Youbet, and I get unlimited replays for all tracks, still, for those that don't have that, a great idea !....It is another great way for each track to promote themselves...

best,

titans1127
05-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Tioga's handle for Sundays 13-race card was $120,824, Attendance: 861. Pretty much what they usually handle for a 13-race card. Pretty sad that with all they try to do to promote racing the money just isn't coming in. Monticello gets the highest handle of any NY Harness track each day excluding Yonkers of course. They also have the lowest purses it seems of all the NY Harness tracks yet they always have money in the pools. I guess running with no competition is a good thing.

DeanT
05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
I think it takes time, especially for a newer track. If you are not all over, in simo locations, other tracks, ADW's and build a following, it's tough.

I look at Chester. Sure they have bad takeouts, but so do some other tracks people bet. Their handle is around 380k with purses higher than the Meadowlands, Open horses that can race anywhere in the world, solid 30k claiming races, full fields, the whole Philly area to draw bettors from, TVG exposure, drivers like Gingras and Tetrick as regulars, and on and on. But they are new and can not seem to build any following.

Compare them to Northfield with those nw250ps races for a $2000 purse. Northfield blows the Chester handle away. They have been around for a long time and have a customer base.

I think if Tioga keeps working by doing things like they are with the takeout reduction they can brand and customer build. Maybe that can be $140k next year, $180k a year after and so on. That's my 2 cents.

trying2win
05-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I think if Tioga keeps working by doing things like they are with the takeout reduction they can brand and customer build. Maybe that can be $140k next year, $180k a year after and so on. That's my 2 cents.

Dean T:

I like that section of your post here. :ThmbUp:

T2W
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Inch by inch anything's a cinch".

--Robert H. Schuller
------------------------------------------------------------------------