PDA

View Full Version : NY car bomb - Taliban claim responsibility

horses4courses
05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
European new sources are reporting that a Pakistani Taliban group are claiming repsonsibility for the Times Square car bombing attempt.

Reports surfacing in past hour - neither Fox, nor CNN are touching it yet.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0502/breaking37.html

boxcar
05-02-2010, 03:29 PM
European new sources are reporting that a Pakistani Taliban group are claiming repsonsibility for the Times Square car bombing attempt.

Reports surfacing in past hour - neither Fox, nor CNN are touching it yet.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0502/breaking37.html

And if this pans out to be true, BO will praise NYPD (albeit very reluctantly) for stopping a "man-made disaster". He will not refer to this as a terrorist plot. The only terrorists in his administration's mind are those who participate in the Tea Parties.

Boxcar

chickenhead
05-02-2010, 04:38 PM
AP has reported it. Sounds like kind of a bullshit way to build a bomb, with fireworks, gas cans, and barbq propane tanks. Strange.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100502/ap_on_re_us/us_times_square_car_bomb

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2010, 03:29 AM
Why would any terrorist organization want to take responsibility for failure?

DJofSD
05-03-2010, 08:45 AM
AP has reported it. Sounds like kind of a bullshit way to build a bomb, with fireworks, gas cans, and barbq propane tanks. Strange.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100502/ap_on_re_us/us_times_square_car_bomb
They're on a budget. With money tight, they had to go with whom they could afford and when you scrape the bottom of the barrel, you get fireworks.

Robert Goren
05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Thank God, these guys are getting dumber.

woodtoo
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM

One word FEAR, thats their MO convince minds by fear,they take credit to advance their agenda.I highly doubt any involvement by AQ or taiban

boxcar
05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
They're on a budget. With money tight, they had to go with whom they could afford and when you scrape the bottom of the barrel, you get fireworks.

The Taliban must have had a bad heroin crop this past year if they're operating on tight budgets.

Boxcar

Black Ruby
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
The Taliban must have had a bad heroin crop this past year if they're operating on tight budgets.

Boxcar

Or not having Colin Powell to take them $41 million like he did in 2001?

DJofSD
05-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Boxcar
I was thinking more along the lines of eliminating the money's easy flow into and out of the US. They might have lots of bucks available but getting it to the perps could be a problem for them now.

Tom
05-03-2010, 01:21 PM
$43 million in MAY 2001 - as humanitarian aid to the country of Afghanistan.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/05/17/us.afghanistan.aid/

riskman
05-03-2010, 01:25 PM

You have that right. Why didn't the scum stay in the vehicle to make sure the bomb went off?

Black Ruby
05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
$43 million in MAY 2001 - as humanitarian aid to the country of Afghanistan.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/05/17/us.afghanistan.aid/

That's the "official" story from the government. I don't often believe government explanations, no matter who's in charge.

JustRalph
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think it was Taliban........ I think it was some dumb ass who learned to build a bomb off the net.

And then he goes out a buys the wrong fertilizer....... :bang: :bang:

Probably a Tea party type from Michigan

ddog
05-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Just another sign of the decline of america, even the bombers don't have a clue anymore.

46zilzal
05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Just another sign of the decline of America, even the bombers don't have a clue anymore.
Like all the empires since time began they have their time and then fade...... too bad it is the down turn now.

bigmack
05-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Just another sign of the decline of America, even the bombers don't have a clue anymore.

Like all the empires since time began they have their time and then fade...... too bad it is the down turn now.
Hey TwinSimps - If it turns out to have a foreign nexus does that mean it's the decline of foreign lands. :cool:

The investigation into the Times Square car bomb has started to reveal information that suggests the failed attack was the work of an international plot, a senior administration official told Fox News.

The official could not definitively say whether a foreign conspiracy was behind the incident, but that the body of evidence was moving in that direction.

The Washington Post first reported that officials were eyeing an international connection. One official told the Post that "some tell-tale signs" have led investigators to look at a "foreign nexus."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/03/officials-reportedly-foreign-plot-times-square-car-bomb/

boxcar
05-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey TwinSimps - If it turns out to have a foreign nexus does that mean it's the decline of foreign lands. :cool:

The investigation into the Times Square car bomb has started to reveal information that suggests the failed attack was the work of an international plot, a senior administration official told Fox News.

The official could not definitively say whether a foreign conspiracy was behind the incident, but that the body of evidence was moving in that direction.

The Washington Post first reported that officials were eyeing an international connection. One official told the Post that "some tell-tale signs" have led investigators to look at a "foreign nexus."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/03/officials-reportedly-foreign-plot-times-square-car-bomb/

Hmmm..."foreign nexus", eh? As in some country whose national religion is Izzzzlaam, perhaps?

Boxcar

Robert Goren
05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Although nothing is certain yet, it is probably a Islamic terrorist(s) because of its location. A domestic political terrorist would most likely attacked a government building or a large international corporation's offices. The fact that the bomb was so poorly constructed leads one to conclude that he or they did not have much contact with an large terrorist organization, if at all. Jezz, I thought everyone knew that you had to soak the fertilizer in fuel oil not put them beside each other. JMO

BenDiesel26
05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Although nothing is certain yet, it is probably a Islamic terrorist(s) because of its location. A domestic political terrorist would most likely attacked a government building or a large international corporation's offices. The fact that the bomb was so poorly constructed leads one to conclude that he or they did not have much contact with an large terrorist organization, if at all. Jezz, I thought everyone knew that you had to soak the fertilizer in fuel oil not put them beside each other. JMO

Foxnews is reporting that the person of interest has been identified and has recently traveled to Pakistan. Take it FWIW.

BenDiesel26
05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
By the way, of interest is the fact that the SUV was parked near the Viacom building, owners of South Park. Not sure if anybody watches it, but recently they had some episodes making fun of the fact that you can make fun of everybody except for the Muslim prophet, Muhammad. So in the episode, rather than show him they determined the only OK way to present him was to put him in a mascot suit. They since have been threatened multiple times by radical islamists due to the picture posted below. For what its worth, they make fun of Jesus, Buddha, everybody. You name it.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47689000/jpg/_47689284_muhammadbear466.jpg

trying2win
05-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Foxnews is reporting that the person of interest has been identified and has recently traveled to Pakistan. Take it FWIW.

I've noticed that more frequently, the last few years on the news broadcasts on TV or in a newspaper, that they use the politically correct phrase 'person of interest'. Whatever happened to using what it should be called 'A SUSPECT'? Are the news media afraid of hurting someone's feelings?

Oh yeah. and any members of the Taliban or any other terrorist organization for that matter are SCUM! May these terrorists continue to be eradicated for the good of mankind.

T2W
------------------------------------------------------------------------

~"Democracy is stronger than terrorism, and we will not cower to the terrorists' campaign of fear.

--John Doolittle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

JustRalph
05-03-2010, 09:28 PM
That changed after the NY times and several others called r.jewel (Olympic bomber suspect) the "prime" suspect in the Atlanta bombing. When he was exonerated I believe he collected 25 million

I've noticed that more frequently, the last few years on the news broadcasts on TV or in a newspaper, that they use the politically correct phrase 'person of interest'. Whatever happened to using what it should be called 'A SUSPECT'? Are the news media afraid of hurting someone's feelings?

Oh yeah. and any members of the Taliban or any other terrorist organization for that matter are SCUM! May these terrorists continue to be eradicated for the good of mankind.

T2W
------------------------------------------------------------------------

~"Democracy is stronger than terrorism, and we will not cower to the terrorists' campaign of fear.

--John Doolittle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ddog
05-03-2010, 11:16 PM

jeez YOU ARE DUMB, he traveled to pak , so that makes him a foreign dude?? What a clown you are, another example of the decline it seems.

You "thinking" he was wandering around on "no docs" ,AFTER the crotch-bomber is THAT it? If so epic fail-decline-yep.

Into PAk and back....................are you really that retarded or are your writers out on strike? :lol:

bigmack
05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
jeez YOU ARE DUMB,
You don't really wanna play with a hep cat like me do ya?

I laughed at your 'domestic bomber means the country is coming to an end' scenario. That was some funny shit. :p

Oh yeah. Where were you on this mouthful of garbage? We had a laugh riot on this one.

bullshit as usual.

swat goes where POTUS goes. nothing new. local cop swat teams get to play real swat when POTUS is local. They LUV IT. Only "flats" would think otherwise.

boxcar
05-03-2010, 11:26 PM
You don't really wanna play with a hep cat like me do ya?

I laughed at your 'domestic bomber means the country is coming to an end' scenario. That was some funny shit. :p

Oh yeah. Where were you on this mouthful of garbage? We had a laugh riot on this one.

Don't pay the flea-invested pooch any mind. They have obviously sucked him dry today.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Foxnews is reporting that the person of interest has been identified and has recently traveled to Pakistan. Take it FWIW. If he is the guy and if he did travel to Pakistan and if they did teach him how to make a bomb, he should demand a refund on his tuition. ;)

chickenhead
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM
sounds like they got the dude. Allegedly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100504/ap_on_re_us/us_times_square_car_bomb

bigmack
05-04-2010, 12:59 AM
sounds like they got the dude. Allegedly.
I heard his name isn't Irish, Swedish or Norwegian in origin.

That's odd. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren
05-04-2010, 01:04 AM
I heard his name isn't Irish, Swedish or Norwegian in origin.

That's odd. :rolleyes:If he had been Irish, the bomb would not fizzled.;)

DJofSD
05-04-2010, 01:05 AM
A new espisode of "South Park" can't be too far behind.

chickenhead
05-04-2010, 01:14 AM
if he was Irish he'd have blown himself up on accident.

I think with the internets and cell towers and digital breadcrumbs left everywhere, tracking folks down is a breeze. If the guy carried a cell phone when he went to pick up the car, thats all it takes, little triangulation and they've got a short list of names. One caught Paki.

bigmack
05-04-2010, 01:19 AM
One caught Paki.
Score one for the good guys.

T-Shirt vendor.
Horsey Cop.
Bomb squad guys in 300lbs suits
Forensic voodoo
DMV records
TSA (hate to give them any cred)

Whoopie. Another turd down.

bigmack
05-04-2010, 01:48 AM
I should have known. Dudes name is Faisal Shahzad.

I think he owes me money.

Hell of a name though.

johnhannibalsmith
05-04-2010, 02:03 AM
... Dudes name is Faisal Shahzad...

No harem of virgins for him in the afterlife - you have to get at least ONE single thing right along the way.

What a lameass terrorist he is. I'm amazed he could figure out how to operate the car.

JustRalph
05-04-2010, 02:41 AM
There's five guys with that name on Facebook

bigmack
05-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Man, I'm uneasy with this guy as AG.

Ain't there someone else? Get this guy outta there. :ThmbDown:

T_7KMBEU2M4

Greyfox
05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Excellent police work assuming they've got the right guy.
He couldn't have been working on this alone so here's hoping that his network is also brought to swift justice.

ArlJim78
05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
This guy had purchased a one way ticket to Dubai with cash, and was on the plane and the plane was taxiing when it was called back in. All in all yes it was good sharp police work that nailed him very quickly.

Somebody get word to Bloomberg that it wasn't someone disgruntled about healthcare so he can now go back to his crusade against salt.

Tom
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
What a total fool Bloomberg is.

This was reported today, too - Obama has cut all funding for radiation entering NYC.

Anyone hear that one?

Greyfox
05-04-2010, 11:34 AM
What a total fool Bloomberg is.

This was reported today, too - Obama has cut all funding for radiation entering NYC.

Anyone hear that one?

Yup.

It's reported at the following link:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/05/03/annemarie-mcavoy-times-square-new-york-terror-obama-funding-ports-subway-zazi/
"Nonetheless, funding for NYC’s Transit Security Grant program was reduced by over 25%, or almost $45 million dollars. The overall funding went from $153.3 million down to $110.6 million.

The ports are also a key area to protect in order to keep the city safe, yet the funding for the Port Security Grant Program was reduced by about 25%, or over $11 million dollars. The funding went from $45 million down to $33.8 million. In addition, a program to install radiation detectors in New York ports has also been stalled.

In the midst of this, with at least $54 million having been cut to finance anti-terror efforts in New York City, the Department of Homeland Security said in December it was increasing the region’s urban security funding by $6 million. However, this still leaves New York with about $48 million less than it had before."

Tom
05-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Earth to OBama.....

NYC is a friggin target, you moron!

boxcar
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
But look at the bright side to these security/defense cuts: This new found money can be put to good use by being redistributed to all the misguided ObamaBucks freaks out there. :rolleyes: This is what radical leftists do. They have no problem compromising our nation's safety or security in order to fund their entitlement and welfare programs.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
05-04-2010, 12:10 PM
what a low life this Jerrold Nadler is, he equates al qaeda with right wing. this must have been before the guy was caught. how disappointed he must have been.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/03/democrat_rep_nadler_speculates_right-wing_behind_ny_car_bomb_attempt.html

Robert Goren
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
The whole funding for use against Islamic terrorists has been screwed up for a long time. There are only two cities that can realistically can be looked on as prime targets, NYC and Washington, DC. But every state get a piece of the pie when the money is handed out. I don't think that there are any Islamic terrorists that know that places like Nebraska exist. Any money spent here trying defend against them here is a big waste. JMO

DJofSD
05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
The whole funding for use against Islamic terrorists has been screwed up for a long time. There are only two cities that can realistically can be looked on as prime targets, NYC and Washington, DC. But every state get a piece of the pie when the money is handed out. I don't think that there are any Islamic terrorists that know that places like Nebraska exist. Any money spent here trying defend against them here is a big waste. JMO
Only two cities? Really? Boy, am I happy to learn that. I can now sleep at night.

There were a number of states and cities that had to make a case to DHS for funds. Initially, San Diego got squat.

I'm happy you have such a deep insight into the terrorist's mind to know what targets they value.

Robert Goren
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Only two cities? Really? Boy, am I happy to learn that. I can now sleep at night.

There were a number of states and cities that had to make a case to DHS for funds. Initially, San Diego got squat.

I'm happy you have such a deep insight into the terrorist's mind to know what targets they value. Show me the least bit of evidence that San Diego was ever a target for an Islamic terrorist. Not just just bunch of talk by local politicans saying "We have got this landmark, so we could be target" Give me a break. Until someone actual finds some evidence of a plot against San Diego, they like Omaha should get squat. JMO

DJofSD
05-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Some of the terrorist responsible for 911 lived here. There is also a significant military presence here.

You think a location needs to be a target before it is important to justify expenditures?

ArlJim78
05-04-2010, 02:03 PM
here's a good question;

"Since we've put a halt to any new offshore drilling (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/04/opinion/main6459748.shtml) in the wake of the BP disaster, how about we put a halt to any new citizenships for Pakistani immigrants in the wake of the arrest of Faisal Shahzad (http://blogs.wsj.com/dispatch/2010/05/04/faisal-shahzads-life-in-america-and-path-to-citizenship/)?"

bigmack
05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
One of the many 'big brains' over at MSNBC finds it frustrating that it turned out to be a Muslim. :lol:

They were so hoping it would be a Tea Partier.
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=Xd6UnzIrkU

Bloomberg speculating about someone upset over ObamaCare:
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=Xd6UuzkUqG

JustRalph
05-04-2010, 02:10 PM

They have stopped two plots aimed at Los Angeles too........ add LA to the list

Bigmack......... I was hoping somebody would post that MSNBC clip

what a bunch of bastards they are.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/04/ms-nbc-anchor-im-so-bummed-that-shahzad-wasnt-a-tea-partier/

boxcar
05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
here's a good question;

"Since we've put a halt to any new offshore drilling (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/04/opinion/main6459748.shtml) in the wake of the BP disaster, how about we put a halt to any new citizenships for Pakistani immigrants in the wake of the arrest of Faisal Shahzad (http://blogs.wsj.com/dispatch/2010/05/04/faisal-shahzads-life-in-america-and-path-to-citizenship/)?"

Is this an El Rushbo quote? :D He was on fire today. Had me in stitches. I especially liked the bleeding heart soundbites that tried portray this terrorist as being a depressed victim of foreclosure. Then Rush reported on some source that wrote that the Pakistani government supposedly KNEW that this guy had attended Taliban terrorists training courses 101. Rush then remarked that he had no idea that the Taliban were holding training camps for Americans upon whose homes were foreclosed. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. And I really liked the sound bite by the MSNBC info babe who was hoping and praying that the perp wasn't a Muslim. That one was precious. :D

Black Ruby
05-04-2010, 02:14 PM
They have stopped two plots aimed at Los Angeles too........ add LA to the list

If you wanted to stay on the government dole wouldn't you occasionally announce that you'd been successful in thwarting something, even if you had to embellish the facts? Look what the police/Dea do with the values of confiscated drugs.

johnhannibalsmith
05-04-2010, 03:39 PM
One of the many 'big brains' over at MSNBC finds it frustrating that it turned out to be a Muslim. :lol:

That's disgusting. We have one pain in the ass, indisputable war on our hands and another moron is subtly clamoring for another internal war to magically legitimize a political belief. People like that should be raked over the coals until there's nothing left. Douchebag deluxe.

ArlJim78
05-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Is this an El Rushbo quote?

Nope, I found it at JWF (http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-about-moratorium-on-citizenship-for.html).

Yeah and I agree about Rush, he was hitting on all cylinders today.

bigmack
05-04-2010, 04:03 PM
That's disgusting. We have one pain in the ass, indisputable war on our hands and another moron is subtly clamoring for another internal war to magically legitimize a political belief. People like that should be raked over the coals until there's nothing left. Douchebag deluxe.
DailyKos poll from yesterday: :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_4_10_13_02_03.png

DJofSD
05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Looks like 36 were correct.

Johnny, what do they win?

ArlJim78
05-04-2010, 05:53 PM
that plane was close to take-off, listen to the tower chatter.
Faisal or whatever his name had to be pretty umcomfortable when the plane taxied back. he had to suspect he was finished.

zGKP_mnOONI

Robert Goren
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Omaha has SAC, but I still don't believe that the Islamic brand of terrorist will strike there. Last year they nabbed to a terrorist cell from Denver. They were not going blow up the Air Force Academy, But going to to "gas" the NYC subway station. These guys want the world to what they are doing and NYC or DC is what will grab most headlines worldwide. If this fizzled attempt had happen in SD or Omaha, it would not pushed the Nashville floods from the headlines or been sharing top billing with the oil spill. JMO

skate
05-04-2010, 06:13 PM
its either whitemail or blackmail:confused:

Tom
05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
No, it's Billy Batson.
But.....when did he go bad?

skate
05-04-2010, 10:26 PM
DailyKos poll from yesterday: :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_4_10_13_02_03.png

Mack

you missed one, they had One vote for Swartzy.