PDA

View Full Version : A tough day

windoor
05-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Just looking for a shoulder to cry on I guess. After a sub par month in April, I was hoping to start off the new month with a bang. I picked up on CRC and Delaware to expand the tracks I play at. Fourteen races and only two wins on the day. One at even money, the other at a nice 6 to 1. Sheessh!

5/1/10:
Delaware Park 5th race, I had the 6 horse at 19 to 1. Gets the lead in deep stretch only to lose to the 1 horse at 14 to 1. The 6 pays $20.40 to place. The exacta $470.00. I play to win. “sob”

Philadelphia Park 7th race. I have the 6 again at 20 to 1. Gets the lead in deep stretch only to lose to the 7 horse at 11 to 1. The six pays 18.20 to place. The exacta pays $452.00. I play to win. “sob”

A few months ago, I looked into playing my top pick in an exacta wheel top and bottom if it went off at over 10 to 1. I had some nice wins, but the over all win percent was not very good even though it did showed a small profit, so I put it on the back burner. Today of course, would be a very different story.

Tomorrows another day, may the racing gods smile on me.

Regards,

Windoor

castaway01
05-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Gambling is rough. Keep an eye on Delaware and you will be rewarded. Better days are ahead.

JBmadera
05-02-2010, 02:27 PM
hang in there bro, there's always fresh!

Sekrah
05-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Delaware Park is like the Tortuga of the racing world.. I'd stay away or just play the super-dopers (Autrey) when they bring in a shipper at long odds. Never seen another trainer have as many 6-year olds run career high speed figure tops than that crook.

InsideThePylons-MW
05-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Delaware Park 5th race, I had the 6 horse at 19 to 1. Gets the lead in deep stretch only to lose to the 1 horse at 14 to 1.

Sorry about that.

windoor
05-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok, I'm done crying. Today was much better and I got back a little over half what I lost yesterday. One more decent day and I can move on.

It's just when you see a long odd horse the public overlooked come so close to a win that's so frustrating. It was like seeing a money bag ($1650) with wings fly away from you.

At least my keyboard seems to be working fine after I slammed it. Anger management may still be in my future.

It's certainly a roller coaster from time to time :)

Regards,

Windoor.

parlay
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Ok, I'm done crying. Today was much better and I got back a little over half what I lost yesterday. One more decent day and I can move on.

It's just when you see a long odd horse the public overlooked come so close to a win that's so frustrating. It was like seeing a money bag ($1650) with wings fly away from you.

At least my keyboard seems to be working fine after I slammed it. Anger management may still be in my future.

It's certainly a roller coaster from time to time :)

Regards,

Windoor.

Whatever you do, NEVER SMASH YOUR LAPTOP ON THE BOTTOM LEFT.
tHATS WHERE THE HARD DRIVE IS :bang: :bang: :(

46zilzal
05-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Mitchell had the right idea: ONCE you know a race, exploit that knowledge as many varied ways as you can as it often will save all that hard work when the result is not exactly the way you predicted.

His advice has changed my fortunes immensely: Choices as key and then fill in the blanks with both random ones and others that fit the track profile.....

WinterTriangle
05-04-2010, 03:12 AM
5/1/10:
Delaware Park 5th race, I had the 6 horse at 19 to 1. Gets the lead in deep stretch only to lose to the 1 horse at 14 to 1. The 6 pays $20.40 to place. The exacta $470.00. I play to win. “sob”

Philadelphia Park 7th race. I have the 6 again at 20 to 1. Gets the lead in deep stretch only to lose to the 7 horse at 11 to 1. The six pays 18.20 to place. The exacta pays $452.00. I play to win. “sob”

OUCH! Those high paying exactas hurt when missed. At least you saw the horses, and you are willing to get off the chalk.