PDA

View Full Version : Immigration protests

Valuist
05-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Here in Chicago we saw something absolutely laughably stupid. Protesters of the recent Arizona immigration law protesting outside of Wrigley Field before the Cubs/Diamondbacks game. Like a local sports talk show host said, "there's no group anywhere less aware of world events than major league baseball players." They probably will have no idea what its about.

But it gets dumber from there. Calling for a boycott of the Arizona Ice Tea company.......who happens to be based in Brooklyn, NY. :lol:

Tom
05-02-2010, 12:29 AM
March, baby, march.

REAL Americans are watching and we are fed up your bullshit.
All you are doing is playing to our base.
You will regret it, you lying SOSs.

BlueShoe
05-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Some dumb ass congressman from Illinois deliberately got himself arrested in DC, and in LA we had the expected Mexican flags and the usual communist banners. And they wonder why everyone does not love them. Estupido pendejo mojados.

boxcar
05-02-2010, 12:24 PM
...and the usual communist banners. And they wonder why everyone does not love them. Estupido pendejo mojados. (emphasis mine)

On the other hand, we now know why libs love them and feel so much empathy for these illegals. Mr. 'cap, being our resident empathy expert, can tell us all about this.

Boxcar

witchdoctor
05-02-2010, 07:48 PM
But it gets dumber from there. Calling for a boycott of the Arizona Ice Tea company.......who happens to be based in Brooklyn, NY. :lol:

Reminds me of the boycott of French's mustard after 9/11. French's had to come out and say on that they were not from France and the only thing they had in common with France was that they were both yellow.

bigmack
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
The vast amount of misinformation being bandied about on this bill is about as deplorable as I've ever seen. Most of the media is spoon-feeding complete lies.

Responsible journalism has ceased to exist and I'm beginning to wonder if it were ever alive.

Canadian
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
March, baby, march.

REAL Americans are watching and we are fed up your bullshit.
All you are doing is playing to our base.
You will regret it, you lying SOSs.

It would solve alot of problems if the march ended....... in Mexico.

wes
05-02-2010, 09:22 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4172717/learn-english-ad-campaign-stirs-emotions

Who will vote for Tim?

wes

Tom
05-02-2010, 09:53 PM
It would solve alot of problems if the march ended....... in Mexico.

Amen to that.

DRIVEWAY
05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/29/1604908/former-gov-jeb-bush-hispanic-groups.html

JustRalph
05-02-2010, 10:19 PM
What if this was T-Party types?

It would be all over the news

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14998618

Riot breaks out in downtown Santa Cruz; windows broken on dozens of businesses, porch of cafe set on fire

SANTA CRUZ - A large group of protesters demonstrating at a May Day rally for worker's and immigrant rights downtown broke off into a riot vandalizing about a dozen businesses around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Many in the group were carrying makeshift torches as they marched, breaking storefront windows and writing "anarchist graffiti" on buildings, according to Capt. Steve Clark. Many businesses sustained multiple broken windows including very large storefront windows at Urban Outfitters and The Rittenhouse building. Police believe at least 15 businesses suffered damage.
The violence was initiated from a group holding a rally at the town clock for May Day. Windows at Jamba Juice and Velvet Underground were left shattered and graffiti including anarchy signs were tagged onto buildings.
Because of the size and violent demeanor of the crowd, Santa Cruz police asked for help from all agencies in the county to break up the riot. At one point, protesters lit a fire on the porch of Caffe Pergolesi and blocked access to firefighters, officers said. Police were able to clear out the demonstrators before more damage was caused.
A large rock sat outside Verizon Wireless on the 100 block of Cooper Street, where vandals tried to break the window twice, according to Clark.
"The damage that was caused was without purpose," Clark said. "It was senseless violence that victimized a community who cannot afford to be victimized in this manner.

more at the link

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2010, 10:25 PM
What if this was T-Party types?

It would be all over the newsOf course it would be...but no, these kind and gentle folks rioting and breaking windows and carrying TORCHES and scrawling graffiti, Ralph, they're just so simply frustrated.

Don't you know Ralph, these pour souls in Santa Cruz, this was their only outlet of expression...because they're so oppressed....they're just expressing themselves Ralph...that's all...

Tea Party people, the quiet ones with the US flags and the signs and the singing...those are the real HARDCORE TERRORISTS don't you know Ralph....they're just waiting to explode into violence, and incite others into Tim McVeigh type of carnage...we know that because Rachel Maddow and Keith O. told us so... :rolleyes:

Makes you sick, doesn't it?

johnhannibalsmith
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM
...Makes you sick, doesn't it?

It really does. I'm in the middle of all of this and frankly, I'm really at neither extreme of the whole thing. I see both sides of the issue to a large degree and while I don't find the law at all repulsive as many do, I don't find the protesters to be completely out of their collective minds as many do either.

But this media coverage of this shit is absolutely repulsive. The same sorry ass anchors that were going out of their way to belittle those "anti-Obama/racists" government protestors are now licking the rectums of these folks, many of whom are at least twice as ignorant sounding on camera even while being given every chance to be coherent and propped up to legitimacy.

I'm not naive enough to think that FOX doesn't slant their programming in the opposite direction as the other media outlets, so yet again, in light of all of this mainstream coverage in Arizona, why are these Anti-FOX/anti-Tea Party fearmongering haters that are so quick to stifle dissent suddenly not appalled with themselves for their blatant hypocrisy once again?

boxcar
05-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I wonder if Pelosi will call these rioters "Nazis"? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
05-03-2010, 12:14 AM
johnhanniable

I can see both sides too. I know people who are illegal, and some that were at one time illegal and they are hard working persons who deserve to stay. But there are a gazillion (<-- btw, I just found out Gazillion is in the Google spell checker....cool!) bad guys too. I don't think all of them should be removed from the country. I think there has to be a way to qualify the ones that are already here. But before we do any of that shit (that will take 2-3 years anyway) we need to close down that border and deal with what is already here. Forcefully.

Now after we close that damn border, we go about qualifying those who are going to stay. This would include sponsorship programs by employers and strict rules on conduct and such for a 2-5 yr period. It will be an enormous task, but the longer we wait, the harder it will be. The longer the border is porous it's like standing in a ship bailing out water with a paper cup while water pours in an open hatch.

BlueShoe
05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
The first I had even heard of the Santa Cruz riots was when I read this thread. Guess that the media did not consider it newsworthy, just "immigrants speaking out against racism", or any of the other spins they put on such things. Had I been one of those Santa Cruz business owners whose stores were attacked, I would have stood in my doorway and shot any man that came close and threatened myself or my business. Use of deadly force is both legally and morally justified in such situations.

bigmack
05-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Guess that the media did not consider it newsworthy
Just nice folk. Unlike those Tea Partying racists. Now that's news.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/100-2.jpg

0LHRzxgAxRo