PDA

View Full Version : Kent D on Paddy

menifee
05-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I get frustrated when he decides not to push his horse in the 6th on Belmont on a Wed, but how the hell does this guy get away with not finishing his ride on a horse in the Kentucky Derby. Watch Kent D. on Paddy O'Prado after the 1/16th pole. Will any steward ever call him on this? Cost me a lot in exactas and tris.

Run Nicholas Run
05-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Been a fan of Kents since '87 but that was
a garbage move, looking under his shoulder
and thinking second was in the bag.

Market Mover
05-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Been a fan of Kents since '87 but that was
a garbage move, looking under his shoulder
and thinking second was in the bag.

He's done it plenty of times before. Standing up before the finish line is yet another Kent D. tactic. Use him at your own risk. One of the most emotionally-disturbed jockeys you'll ever meet..

PhantomOnTour
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Desormeaux and Paddy O'Prado are the ones who forced Stately Victor into Lookin At Lucky early on. Kent was hell bent for that rail and just came on over. Dangerous.

joanied
05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I watched it again because I am still trying to really SEE what happened at that point in the race...Kent did come over to Stately Victor, but, IMO, not enough so that Garcia had to move over into Lucky...there is space between Paddy and Stately V at that point...I think Garcia saw Paddy coming over and moved his horse over too far...IMO, it was not a necessary move on the part of Garcia.
I don't say this to defend Kent...just saying...this is how I saw it.