PDA

View Full Version : No No Gomez!!

joanied
05-01-2010, 09:06 PM
I bet me and Baffert both yelled "oh,no" at the same time...followed by a lot of 'f' words:eek: ...I have not seen a good replay with Gomez isolated yet...but jeeze, WTF :faint: ...it looked to me that Lucky was willing to continue on with that bump they got...but Gomez chose to snatch him up...and the horse was not happy...he really is a fighter...to make up all the ground he did when Gomez got him clear, was impressive...who knows if they'd have won it...but Lucky would have given Super Saver a battle if not for more bad luck...maybe his bad luck is on his back?
Any thoughts...

JPinMaryland
05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
you may indeed have a pt. Here are final fractions for the top 6 based upon the chart (always subject to corrections) and assuming 6 lengths per second (normally I would assume 7 lengths, but todays race is slow)

Super saver: 26.4
Ice Box 25.4 (outstanding)
Paddy OPrado 26.7
Make Music 25.8 (very good)
Nobles Promise 27.5
Looking at Lucky 26.2 (passing a lot of tired horses)

Most (all?) of the rest must have been staggering home including the filly. On a different track and with no traffic problems could well be different. Lucky moving just a tad faster than SS. Make Music really surprised me. Nobles Promise had briefly made the lead and you can see he staggered home. Ice Box seems like he needs some ground to get moving, i would like him better in the Belmont

OFFandRUNNING10
05-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Ice Box seems like he needs some ground to get moving, i would like him better in the Belmont

Ice Box would have easily of gotten to the lead if he would have been able to stay down in the inside and not have to check up twice and swing out wide. I think there was plenty of ground for him in this... just ran into a wall of horses. that happens when you are a closer especially in a twenty horse field.

Watch the overhead replay if you havent seen it... watch him flying just off the rail from the back.

Run Nicholas Run
05-01-2010, 11:05 PM
garret the junkie needs to be taken off the horse,
but Ric Flair needs to get Ramon Dominguez or
Jeremy Rose for the preakness.

tzipi
05-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah Looking at Lucky had a horrible trip right from the start. He was taken out of it within a few strides. Closed well though. I think I'm going to bet him in the Preakness. He will have a lot better post I hope and trip.