PDA

View Full Version : Twin Spires down for Maintenaince??? Are you KIDDING???

philofbelloni
05-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Complete Bullshit. Uterly unreal & inconceivable 1 hr before the derby.

Tom
05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
I just bet a minute ago.

Tom
05-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I hope.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-01-2010, 06:03 PM
AmTote was down for quite a few minutes. All their tracks & otb customers, including Twin Spires, were affected.

Roghaltz
05-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I have been having trouble all afternoon. Made a few bets on the Derby that were accepted. They still don't show up in my bet list so I am not sure if they are live or not. Can't get on now at all.

Very frustrating...

Steve 'StatMan'
05-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Another tote delay after the 9th at AP. The one after the 8th was due to AmTote, I suspect same thing again. Suspect more betting problem like before. (I bet early today & on a different tote provider.)

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Good thing racing isn't popular anymore...

only11
05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Good thing racing isn't popular anymore...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fingal
05-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Wallet wise, I wish it had stayed down.................

Robert Goren
05-01-2010, 11:33 PM
I have learned a long time ago not to depend on web sites when you know they are going to be getting a record number of hits. They almost never are ready for it and they almost always crash. I may make it a Goren Law. JMO

senortout
05-02-2010, 12:30 AM
All-sources wagering, attendance up at Derby

Churchill Downs Inc. reported a 7.8% increase in all-sources wagering for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) and a 1.5% increase in attendance despite heavy rain early on Saturday and scattered thunderstorms throughout the 13-race card.

All-sources handle improved 7.8% to $112.7-million on the first jewel of the Triple Crown, compared with $104.6-million last year. All-sources wagering also was up for the entire Kentucky Derby card as Churchill Downs Inc. reported $162.7-million was wagered on 13 races, up 4.3% compared with $156-million in 2009.

Churchill especially was pleased with the wagering totals given the equipment failure at AmTote’s Oregon hub, which led to lost wagers and customer service problems for TwinSpires.com, Arlington Park, Fair Grounds, and other wagering outlets.

just a note to those who thought they were the only ones shut-out...
senortout

kenwoodall2
05-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Imagine that! And no monster odds-on horse!! A Ky Derby where according to the odds everyone has a shot! Any connection to the win pool handle?

philofbelloni
05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Imagine that! And no monster odds-on horse!! A Ky Derby where according to the odds everyone has a shot! Any connection to the win pool handle?
TS kindly will refund the 2nd & 3rd duplicate bets from yesterday. No timetable, however.
That being said, I wonder how much of that 7.8% increase was a result of the duplicates???

Fwizard
05-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Thanks for talking about the duplicate bets---I went back and discovered two additional 20 win bets in the same race when I couldn't get thru to twin spires --it said my bet did not get processed so I tried again two more times--I called them and they said they will refund me the money.

Black Ruby
05-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I was at a party and trying to make my bets with TwinSpires by phone. I usually use the automated bet, but continually had problems with it. A couple times I would get all the way to the last step, the confirmation, and it wouldn't recognize a voice or numeric confirmation and I'd have to start all over again. I tried live operator a couple times after the 6th race and after pushing "1" for the operator the phone would ring and ring and I'd never get an answer.

I'm going back to betting one race per track with TS via computer so I get the free PP's, but I'll bet the rest of the cards with a different ADW.

Horseplayersbet.com
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I just want to say that the problems experienced on Saturday happened with ADWs on Saturday were not caused by the ADWs.
Horseplayersbet.com (we didn't even have the Derby on the menu) had a couple of outages (they were short, and again were not due to anything on our end).
I'm glad that Horseplayersbet.com came out of this without upsetting any customers (no negative feedback, but more importantly, no software glitches that cost horseplayers money).