PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires a absolute disaster

only11
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Choppy video,bets are delayed,etc.....i called earlier in the week they GUARANTEE everything will run smoothly...

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, it's pretty bad right now...wasn't all that great earlier either...

JustRalph
05-01-2010, 05:16 PM
What did you expect them to say?

"Yeah, it's gonna run like shit. Just like very other year"

GaryG
05-01-2010, 05:20 PM
They still haven't posted the results from Woodbine 9th. Long over and results are on Woodbine site.

olddaddy
Due to technical difficulties TwinSpires.com is currently unavailable at this time. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

63minutes to Derby post.

only11
Yeah, it's pretty bad right now...wasn't all that great earlier either...
PA i just wagered Arlington 1,2,3 box they deducted my funds but never added my winnings wtf..

only11
05-01-2010, 05:28 PM
PA i just wagered Arlington 1,2,3 box they deducted my funds but never added my winnings wtf..
WE COULD GO TO THE MOON BUT WE CANT FIX VIDEO..

andymays
05-01-2010, 05:28 PM

Sounds like they are on the ball as usual. ;)

Just kidding. They are overwhelmed today.

If Sidney doesn't win I'll never go to the track again.

Oaklawn
05-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm not a frequent player, but it irks me I can't login one hour before post. Now my account is locked. I call to speak to someone, sorry, call volume too high, click.

ArlJim78
05-01-2010, 05:30 PM
it started hours ago, fortunately i was able to get all my wagers in before they shut it down for the derby.

flagship racing brand on the biggest day and supposedly the ADW market is the one they see as having the best chances for future growth, yet its always the same thing year in and year out.

you can't make this stuff up.

GameTheory
05-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I just made a bet at PremierTurfClub that was NOT accepted (timed out), yet they deducted the amount from my balance anyway, so now that money is unavailable to try again. So that sucks. I'll probably have to wait until Monday to get that straightened out. There is probably a bottleneck at the host track or tote hub that is causing all ADWs to have trouble getting bets in...

only11
it started hours ago, fortunately i was able to get all my wagers in before they shut it down for the derby.

flagship racing brand on the biggest day and supposedly the ADW market is the one they see as having the best chances for future growth, yet its always the same thing year in and year out.

you can't make this stuff up.
THEY DONT CARE BECAUSE THEY KNOW WE WILL BE BACK TOMORROW

PaceAdvantage
I was able to get my derby wagers in about 5 min ago...if you keep trying, you'll probably get it in...it took me about 5-10 minutes of trying...just make sure you aren't entering the same bets in over and over again... :lol:

Keep checking and rechecking the balance and "bets placed today"...it will tell you it's unavailable, but if you keep trying, eventually it will come up...of course, doing this will just put that much more stress on their overstressed servers...oh well...

GameTheory
05-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I was able to get my derby wagers in about 5 min ago...if you keep trying, you'll probably get it in...it took me about 5-10 minutes of trying...just make sure you aren't entering the same bets in over and over again... :lol:That's what I was doing -- except on one of 'em it deducted the amount but still didn't accept the bet!

only11
05-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I was able to get my derby wagers in about 5 min ago...if you keep trying, you'll probably get it in...it took me about 5-10 minutes of trying...just make sure you aren't entering the same bets in over and over again... :lol:
I just entered my bet 16 times because im a degenerate and need the action,,,im getting in my car and driving to tampa downs where half the patrons will drop after the derby..

horseking
05-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I just placed a wager at BetAmerica cause I couldn't get my wager in at twin....

rrpic6
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
No problems here. They must know I'm betting losers all day at Churchill.

RR

Tom
05-01-2010, 06:11 PM
That Tandy 1000 is smoking today! :lol:

I backed all my bets with You Bet just in case.
Monday, I close out my TS account.
Too much trouble to trust them with my money.
No excuse for this shit service.

Speed Figure
05-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Zero problems with TVG!!!

only11
05-01-2010, 06:18 PM

I cant get a bet in...

cj
05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
PTC is sucking ass as well.

only11
05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Zero problems with TVG!!!
i close my account with them a month ago SOAB..

cj
05-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Only is this sport, one that relies on bets from home, could people not be able to place a bet from home on the biggest day of the year.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Problems at AmTote affecting all their customer tracks & otbs & adws. Therefore affecting Twin Spires betting-wise. Impacts Woodbine, Arlington, and others on AmTote affiliated tracks. I've been watching the Arlington signal since I got online late, and NBC has TV/Video exclusive time for the Derby.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-01-2010, 06:31 PM
AP just announced their fans can now get their Derby Wagers in again, so that must have gotten delayed. Still the AmTote delay for posting the results of their 9th race, so looks like the AP wagers on track as not available.

Well, at least those of us on line aren't waiting in line at CD, another track, or OTB, in line with a bunch of hot, sweatty, upset people.

With these delays, I wonder how much Derby betting will be impacted - might cost a lot of parties, esp. CD a fortune. AmTote might be on the hook for a lot of damages.

Tom
05-01-2010, 06:31 PM
And, why is there no link BACK to your track screen on TS?
They just suck.

With these delays, I wonder how much Derby betting will be impacted - might cost a lot of parties, esp. CD a fortune. AmTote might be on the hook for a lot of damages.

Keep a good thought - hope this really hurts someone bad.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I speculating on AP and other AmTote tracks. I was able to bet just now on AP (AmTote Track) via YouBet which is United Tote.

GameTheory
05-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, talked to PTC -- they said the AMTOTE hub (which TwinSpires is also on) had a total meltdown hard crash, which is what caused my money to disappear with no apparent ticket. Turns out the ticket did exist but had no acknowledgement because the system was busy crashing at that moment. Since I had remade the bet elsewhere assuming no ticket had been accepted (which turned out to be a loser), PTC ate it and refunded my money, so that was cool. Should have just stuck with my original tickets from this morning (on Super Saver & Dublin) as I was just eating into my winnings with these extra losers anyway.

JustRalph
05-01-2010, 07:18 PM

Take a pill Tommy! They are pretty good most of the year :ThmbUp:

According to CJ somebody is sucking somebody's ass at another ADW.... ;) :lol: :lol:

I love the English language :lol:

gm10
05-01-2010, 07:22 PM
not sure it was their problem
i had similar problems with a different company

toussaud
05-01-2010, 07:39 PM
THEY DONT CARE BECAUSE THEY KNOW WE WILL BE BACK TOMORROW

oh we will? we'lll see.

im' emptying my account monday and going to youbet.

only11
05-01-2010, 07:40 PM
oh we will? we'lll see.

wow!!was is that bad for you toussaud?

toussaud
05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
wow!!was is that bad for you toussaud?

yeah. while i would have loss the derby (had conveyance) i would have hit the 8th and the 9th. both of which i missed.

the problem started WELL before the derby. I started having issues in the eight belles stakes

it's hard enough to make money. now i have to handicap races and hope my ADW works lol.? no thanks

JustRalph
05-01-2010, 07:45 PM
oh we will? we'lll see.

taking it from one pocket and putting it in another aren't you?

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/11/12/churchill-downs-buys-youbetcom-for-126-million
:lol: :lol:

only11
05-01-2010, 07:50 PM
yeah. while i would have loss the derby (had conveyance) i would have hit the 8th and the 9th. both of which i missed.

the problem started WELL before the derby. I started having issues in the eight belles stakes

it's hard enough to make money. now i have to handicap races and hope my ADW works lol.? no thanks
you think Youbet had any issues..tvg was ok the whole day.

toussaud
05-01-2010, 07:51 PM
okay well someone please recommend an ADW.. i 've been using xpresset bet for almost 3 years.

Tom
05-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Well, I got nervous and duplicated my bets, so I win twice.
I gotta stay in bed Sunday, 'cause I got some nasty karma out there looking for me! :eek: :D

PhillyFan
05-01-2010, 09:08 PM
philly park phonebet never had any problems taking derby bets

JustRalph
05-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Well, I got nervous and duplicated my bets, so I win twice.
I gotta stay in bed Sunday, 'cause I got some nasty karma out there looking for me! :eek: :D

nice!! That's the way to get back at the ADW :lol:

Unome
05-01-2010, 10:46 PM
not sure it was their problem
i had similar problems with a different company

You are 100% correct, once the Oregon Hub crashed anyone using that hub was screwed. United Tote had a similar problem on a slow Tuesday about 6 weeks ago so you never know when a system will crash.

WinterTriangle
05-01-2010, 10:53 PM
I worked in a network control center (WAN) for years, the network spanned the globe. It could *never* go down, as stuff needed to be at fed reserve every night by a certain time.

We had all the bases covered.......multiple servers and routers to switch over automatically when one went down.

Its 2010, all the technology is available, no excuses.

I mostly wanted to CANCEL a wager once I saw Devil May Care in the post parade, one of my tickets had her peppered liberally thruout. couldn't get on to do it.

Unome
05-01-2010, 11:18 PM
I worked in a network control center (WAN) for years, the network spanned the globe. It could *never* go down, as stuff needed to be at fed reserve every night by a certain time.

We had all the bases covered.......multiple servers and routers to switch over automatically when one went down.

Its 2010, all the technology is available, no excuses.

I mostly wanted to CANCEL a wager once I saw Devil May Care in the post parade, one of my tickets had her peppered liberally thruout. couldn't get on to do it.

In cases like today they would transfer the bets over to their Maryland hub but something must have prevented them from making the switch.

Sekrah
05-02-2010, 02:58 AM
At Penn National yesterday afternoon, At 3:30 I got in line to bet Belmont's 6th race. 10 minutes to post. Only 3 people in front of me in the Automated teller machine line. I'm good. First person takes 3 minutes to make 2 bets. Second person gets stuck on some screen I've never seen before, managing to hit every button on the screen except for the "BACK" button in bright red color. Third person racks up 14,850 Derby Trifecta and Superfecta combinations, 3 hours from post. All 3 of these people attempted their David Copperfield magic-trick of jamming their fingers directly through the touch screen. End of story: I get locked out of a race.

Pretty much had to deal with that routine all day. Then I hit a signer in the Derby. The old man behind the counter looking not a day over 125 years old, is immediately confused as he puts my ticket in the machine. He hits a handful of buttons, and then calls a supervisor over. She has a look of horror on her face as he explains what happened and suddenly I'm not feeling too well. They manage to jimmy open the machine and get the ticket back. She has the look of a deathrow inmate getting the pardon from the governor. She foolishly hands the reigns back over to George Burns and after fumbling around typing my name, address and SS # in for the next 30 minutes (which included him accidently hitting the wrong button again and having to call her back over), I finally get my money.

I'm glad to know those using ADWs yesterday didn't miss out on the racing experience.

only11
05-02-2010, 07:45 AM
At Penn National yesterday afternoon, At 3:30 I got in line to bet Belmont's 6th race. 10 minutes to post. Only 3 people in front of me in the Automated teller machine line. I'm good. First person takes 3 minutes to make 2 bets. Second person gets stuck on some screen I've never seen before, managing to hit every button on the screen except for the "BACK" button in bright red color. Third person racks up 14,850 Derby Trifecta and Superfecta combinations, 3 hours from post. All 3 of these people attempted their David Copperfield magic-trick of jamming their fingers directly through the touch screen. End of story: I get locked out of a race.

Pretty much had to deal with that routine all day. Then I hit a signer in the Derby. The old man behind the counter looking not a day over 125 years old, is immediately confused as he puts my ticket in the machine. He hits a handful of buttons, and then calls a supervisor over. She has a look of horror on her face as he explains what happened and suddenly I'm not feeling too well. They manage to jimmy open the machine and get the ticket back. She has the look of a deathrow inmate getting the pardon from the governor. She foolishly hands the reigns back over to George Burns and after fumbling around typing my name, address and SS # in for the next 30 minutes (which included him accidently hitting the wrong button again and having to call her back over), I finally get my money.

I'm glad to know those using ADWs yesterday didn't miss out on the racing experience.
Classic!!

Roghaltz
05-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I also had a lot of trouble with Xpressbet.Made some bets, some of which never appeared to be accepted.

Went to dinner after the Derby still not knowing which bets had been accepted. Got home to find that three copies of a superfecta (loser) were in my account (none had been accepted when I submitted, the computer just hung or gave me an error) and the exacta bet (winner) had been rejected for insufficient funds (because of the 3 copies of the super bets).

Going to call them today. Anyone want to guess what their response will be:

A. I am totally out of luck
B. Refund of two extra supers
C. Refund of two extra supers and payout on the exacta

Given horseracing's wonderful relationship with its customers, I am going to guess A...

Roghaltz

Hammerhead
05-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I played all day yesterday at CDX Tam and WRD. Not once did my bet fail to go in and all payouts were entered into my account as soon as they were posted. I made my last bet on the Derby at 3 min to post. I use YouBet.

Could a lot of problems I have read about be the servers in the area. where some people are wagering?

I have had these problems in the past, but after raising a big stink day in and day out. My cable company spent almost 2 hrs last week in front of my house fixing something. It now works perfeclly and my TV system with the Hi Def junk looks almost 3D.

Just a thought.

NY BRED
05-02-2010, 08:26 AM
All of a sudden OTB may bed the choice on 5/1 and/or the local bookie

:confused:

rrbauer
05-02-2010, 09:59 AM
You are 100% correct, once the Oregon Hub crashed anyone using that hub was screwed. United Tote had a similar problem on a slow Tuesday about 6 weeks ago so you never know when a system will crash.

Tote hubs "crash" for one of two reasons (setting aside the dumb shits who accidently turn off the power): Network (routers, etc.) failure or server (processors, etc.) failure. There are a variety of failover techniques used throughout "most" industries that mitigate the effects of both types of failure so that downtime is minimized (measured in seconds) and customers do not feel the result of the failure. Short of some large regional failure on the power grid or a complete loss of the internet backbone we should never know about these hiccups and never experience the service interruptions that are being reported in this thread. The pari-mutuel betting network and the tote companies have long been the dinosaur where technology is concerned and the days, months and years fly by with no improvements while the horseplayers are milked by the industry like a herd of heifers.

Unome
05-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Tote hubs "crash" for one of two reasons (setting aside the dumb shits who accidently turn off the power): Network (routers, etc.) failure or server (processors, etc.) failure. There are a variety of failover techniques used throughout "most" industries that mitigate the effects of both types of failure so that downtime is minimized (measured in seconds) and customers do not feel the result of the failure. Short of some large regional failure on the power grid or a complete loss of the internet backbone we should never know about these hiccups and never experience the service interruptions that are being reported in this thread. The pari-mutuel betting network and the tote companies have long been the dinosaur where technology is concerned and the days, months and years fly by with no improvements while the horseplayers are milked by the industry like a herd of heifers.

They do have a another hub in Maryland and if one hub experiences a problem it will automatically switch over to the other hub but for some reason it wasn't able to switch over. They could create more hubs as backups but who do you think is going to end up paying for those hubs, the bettor.

lamboguy
05-02-2010, 10:47 AM
i didn't have one problem with UBET at all all day except that the video on some of the tracks was skipping. i am worried that if twin spires indeed does take over UBET that they won't use the UBET platform. not because i do work for UBET, they are the HERTZ of the ADW industry today.

Roghaltz
05-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I also had a lot of trouble with Xpressbet.Made some bets, some of which never appeared to be accepted.

Went to dinner after the Derby still not knowing which bets had been accepted. Got home to find that three copies of a superfecta (loser) were in my account (none had been accepted when I submitted, the computer just hung or gave me an error) and the exacta bet (winner) had been rejected for insufficient funds (because of the 3 copies of the super bets).

Going to call them today. Anyone want to guess what their response will be:

A. I am totally out of luck
B. Refund of two extra supers
C. Refund of two extra supers and payout on the exacta

Given horseracing's wonderful relationship with its customers, I am going to guess A...

Roghaltz

Well, just spoke to Xpressbet. They are going to credit my account for the two extra supers. There is no record of the exactas. Better than being completely stiffed.

Roghaltz

Light
05-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Got this yesterday from Twinspires in response to double betting unnecessarily due to malfunction.

"We are very sorry for the inconvenience. When tote went down it caused us and the other tracks and ADW's that use them many problems. Thank you for alerting us to the issue with your account and rest assured we are looking into all documented problems to see what can be done.

Michelle F"

Does the "F" stand for F*cked?

slew101
05-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm sure there will be a letter from the CEOs of these operations in everyone's inbox by Tuesday morning explaining what went wrong.

cj
05-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Got this yesterday from Twinspires in response to double betting unnecessarily due to malfunction.

"We are very sorry for the inconvenience. When tote went down it caused us and the other tracks and ADW's that use them many problems. Thank you for alerting us to the issue with your account and rest assured we are looking into all documented problems to see what can be done.

Michelle F"

Wow, you lost?

toussaud
05-02-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm a technician by trade, and in the web industry, if this were any other major business it would be a mass exodus.

i've moved large websites from one server to another because of 10-20 minute downtime before. Then again on a service this large you aren't talking about moving sites you should a setup that has at least 5-6 of the same site on different servers across the country and a system that automatically directs the user to the most efficient server at that time, the one with the least amount of traffic/bandwidth usage.

having your entire online industry go down at once is just not acceptable. I don't need emails, I don't need excuses, i don't need to know what happened. it's not acceptable.

Unome
05-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm a technician by trade, and in the web industry, if this were any other major business it would be a mass exodus.

i've moved large websites from one server to another because of 10-20 minute downtime before. Then again on a service this large you aren't talking about moving sites you should a setup that has at least 5-6 of the same site on different servers across the country and a system that automatically directs the user to the most efficient server at that time, the one with the least amount of traffic/bandwidth usage.

having your entire online industry go down at once is just not acceptable. I don't need emails, I don't need excuses, i don't need to know what happened. it's not acceptable.

What good is moving the traffic if the bets aren't being processed properly which they had no control over.

Sure the TS site was getting slammed with traffic but that was not the only issue causing the problem, the problem was with Am Tote not being able to hand the bets off to it's other hub in Maryland.

Why do you think ExpressBet, Premier and other sites were experiencing the same issue's while YouBet and others were fine? It wasn't because they were better able to handle the traffic it was because they are on United Tote.

Beachbabe
05-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, just spoke to Xpressbet. They are going to credit my account for the two extra supers. There is no record of the exactas. Better than being completely stiffed.

Roghaltz

Mybe the dingo ite your exactas.

Robert Goren
05-02-2010, 02:41 PM
The online poker industry went through this whole thing about five years ago. They eventually learned that they had to have better back up, but it took them a while. We have not seen the last of this. It is going to take a few more break downs for them to get it right. JMO

philofbelloni
05-02-2010, 02:53 PM

Michelle F"

My acct was at $42.60 around 5pm. I tried to make multiple bets but recieved the transaction failure msg. Two of my bets did get through - a $10 win on the #1 and a $5 win on #3. I should have approx. $28 in my acct through my balance shows as $3.60. Has anyone noticed similar occurences?

GameTheory
05-02-2010, 02:57 PM
My acct was at $42.60 around 5pm. I tried to make multiple bets but recieved the transaction failure msg. Two of my bets did get through - a $10 win on the #1 and a $5 win on #3. I should have approx. $28 in my acct through my balance shows as $3.60. Has anyone noticed similar occurences?Sounds like what happened to me. Most likely your bets actually did get placed.

philofbelloni
05-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Sounds like what happened to me. Most likely your bets actually did get placed.
Thanks GT!
Complete Bullshit. Going fwd, I'll save a screenshot on every transaction error message.

sandpit
05-02-2010, 03:24 PM
This news release came out a little while ago for all the folks in the Louisville area, which has been hit with tremendous amounts of rain overnight and today. Naturally, CD doesn't have a backup generator to accomodate the thousands of people that would be going there today.

POWER OUTAGE CANCELS SIMULCAST BETTING ON SUNDAY, MAY 2 AT TRACKSIDE LOUISVILLE

Simulcasting and Live Racing Resume Thursday, May 6 at Churchill Downs

LOUISVILLE, KY (Sunday, May 2, 2010) – A weather-related power outage has prompted Churchill Downs officials to cancel the simulcast wagering schedule at Trackside Louisville on Sunday, May 2.

A lightning strike during an overnight thunderstorm left the off-track betting facility at 4520 Poplar Level Road completely without power and the service cannot be restored in time to conduct Sunday’s simulcast wagering schedule.

skate
05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
OH oh oh , yepper, SO now, here we have a Busy Busy ever so busy Day At The Races.

Not like-um, past racing days, when things were sooooooooooooooo slow, so slow that most everyone cried and cried and cried.

Nope, not yesterday, why,a, a, a, yesterday was soooooooooooooooooooo busy, full fields etc, umpteen races etc., free hot dogs etc., dollar beers etc.
AND and and wadda yah know, Everybody is crying.:kiss: :jump:

Must be something good about crying,:jump: .

Hammerhead
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Read the entire thing then apply

Just out of curiosity. Is everyone a 1st time better on the derby on line?

EXPECT delays. EXPECT screwups.

Enough bitchen. Grow up. This is not a race from paduka downs like NW 0f 1 for the last 15 years.

Husband Store

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. (scroll and keep reading!)

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

ArlJim78
05-02-2010, 09:49 PM
what a ringing endorsement for Twinspires.

"EXPECT delays. EXPECT screwups."