PDA

View Full Version : Gen. Quarters

joanied
05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I didn't know where to post this...replies or not...I just had to come over to say I was bouncing off the walls rooting home General Quarters just now...I'm a Court Vision fan, but just had to root for this horse and the sweet man that is his only connection....I imagine the bond between horse and man must be exceptionally strong...
congratulations Mr. Macarthy:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Zippy Chippy
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
I put $30 across the board on him about 3 hours ago. I love that horse. 9-1 was a nice surprise!!

RXB
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
It really is a great story: one-horse stable, with that horse having been claimed for $20,000, now a multiple Gr 1 winner and over a million in earnings. Well done, Mr. McCarthy!

beertapper
05-01-2010, 05:12 PM
liked seeing him win for the story... too bad it wasn't last may..

Hank
05-01-2010, 07:24 PM
One for the good guys here:ThmbUp:.Gen Quarters will be a valuable stallion as a G1 winner on turf and synthetic and G3 on dirt.:ThmbUp:

joanied
05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
:jump: Glad to see many feel the same way...I am sooooo happy for Mr. McCarthy... and at least last year he got to live every trainers dream...just getting to the Derby...wonderful stuff:ThmbUp:

gm10
05-01-2010, 08:09 PM
:jump: Glad to see many feel the same way...I am sooooo happy for Mr. McCarthy... and at least last year he got to live every trainers dream...just getting to the Derby...wonderful stuff:ThmbUp:

Yes, great story. I always thought a lot of both horse and trainer. Must be a dream come true for him.

strapper
05-01-2010, 11:47 PM
So happy to see the old man and his good horse prevail on Derby Day. He was a hard luck horse in N.O. this winter with all those 2nds.

Rackon
05-02-2010, 04:37 PM
So happy to see the old man and his good horse prevail on Derby Day. He was a hard luck horse in N.O. this winter with all those 2nds.

He sure was, ran his eyeballs out ffor all those seconds. This was the race that put the biggest smile on my face all weekend. A great story and a bit of redemption.