PDA

View Full Version : Xpressbet

comet52
05-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Appears to be crashed. Hasn't update a race in over an hour and won't take bets. Phone lines are all busy signal all the time. Hmm. I know in years past their tote would get way behind on Derby day but they never stopped functioning like this.

ronsmac
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I remember when it would crash every Santa Anita derby or Big cap day.

iwearpurple
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Appears to be crashed. Hasn't update a race in over an hour and won't take bets. Phone lines are all busy signal all the time. Hmm. I know in years past their tote would get way behind on Derby day but they never stopped functioning like this.

A good reason to always use 2 services. If one fails, you have a backup.

judd
05-01-2010, 05:14 PM
dont you think they would be prepared for this big volumn ?

judd
05-01-2010, 05:35 PM
you will be able to wager on the 12th :D :D :D :D :D

iwearpurple
05-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Now it appears Twin Spires is also down.

I know for fact that Racing 2 day is down.

Youbet is up.

Derbyman32
05-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Talk about crazy... tried to bet the Derby for 2 hours getting bet rejected error every time.... but after the race they took the hundred bucks I Failed to bet out of my account....

Talked with customer service and they said that even though the bets said error they were going through :mad: After that she went on to say that xpressbet was going to REFUND my money but it would take a few days :bang: :bang:

She went on to say that the same thing happened to hundreds of customers...

Fail===In a big way for this one,,, just no excuse :eek:

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Just imagine how bad it would be if all those people who keep telling us that racing is dead were actually wrong...

strapper
05-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Good advice!

A good reason to always use 2 services. If one fails, you have a backup.

comet52
05-03-2010, 12:28 PM
you will be able to wager on the 12th :D :D :D :D :D

That's pretty much exactly how things went down. :bang:

comet52
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Well at least they apologized. Usually their notion of customer service is non-existant.

A network failure at AmTote's Oregon wagering hub Saturday, May 1 caused severe technical and customer service problems for XpressBet and many other entities including TwinSpires, Arlington Park and The Fair Grounds.

While this problem was beyond our control, we recognize the negative impact the network failure had on horseplayers nationwide during Kentucky Derby Day--the biggest day in racing. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration the outage may have caused and promise necessary measures to ensure continuous reliability.

Ron Luniewski
President of XpressBet

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Well at least they apologized. Usually their notion of customer service is non-existant.

A network failure at AmTote's Oregon wagering hub Saturday, May 1 caused severe technical and customer service problems for XpressBet and many other entities including TwinSpires, Arlington Park and The Fair Grounds.

While this problem was beyond our control, we recognize the negative impact the network failure had on horseplayers nationwide during Kentucky Derby Day--the biggest day in racing. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration the outage may have caused and promise necessary measures to ensure continuous reliability.

Ron Luniewski
President of XpressBetOf course they apologized...it wasn't their fault, technically... :lol:

BIG RED
05-04-2010, 09:20 AM

Ron Luniewski
President of XpressBet[/I]

Monica's brother?? ooops sorry...

Would have ticked me off big, especially if you had hit. Is there any thing about that?
I mean if you got the bet down, but it 'technically' didn't go through.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Well let us see whose fault it was...hummm...Frank Stronach's MEC (Magna Entertainment Company) owns Express Bet (formerly Meadows Call a Bet).

AM TOTE was purchased by none other than Frank Stronach. So in effect, XpressBet was passing the buck to its parent company's subsidary (a sister company you might say).

Funny thing is that no where in print does this occurr. Seems the 4th estate (press) is asleep at the wheel again. With Magna in bankruptcy court it is no wonder that Am Tote, Xpress Bet et al have trouble operating to serve the people. Frankie boy needs to get out of the racetrack and its services and pay attention to his auto parts empire. He sucks at the track management.

trying2win
05-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Frankie boy needs to get out of the racetrack and its services and pay attention to his auto parts empire. He sucks at the track management.

RTD:

I"m guessing you made a few typos in that sentence and perhaps you meant to say:

"Frankie boy needs to get out 'to' the racetrack and its services, and pay 'less' attention to his auto parts empire. [/QUOTE]

--I think Frankie should hire Governor 'Ahnuld' after his term as Governor of 'Kalleefornya' is over, and appoint Ahnuld as an consultant on how to run Magna in a profitable way. Why not? After all, Frankie and Ahnuld 'speak the same language' (pardon the pun!). Oh yeah, and one other thing I think Frankie should terminate (or should that be terminator, if Ahnuld works for him) TRACKNET, that bunch of cheapskate dictators with their insulting 1 or 2% rebates for Magna tracks through Xpressbet and other ADWs. And one more thing Frankie, get rid of those stupid lottery-type bets like the PICK 6, PLACE PICK ALL and the Super Hi-5,that only a minority of bettors are able to win on. Hello! Yoo hoo Frankie, the idea is to create more churn by offering types of wagers that give more bettors a chance to win something, and not less, like in the lottery-type bets. All you do by offering those kind of bets is creating more losing players, who after awhile get discouraged and don't want to come back to the track.

That's my two cents worth.

T2W
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Stupid is as stupid does."

--Forrest Gump's mother