PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Arlington Park 7/23

LutherCalvin
07-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Race 1 is for Maiden claimers at a tag of $12,000 Distance 1 mile. Of the nine starters only BUTTERCUP EXPRESS, FEVER N CHILLS, and SONORA's MOON have been in the money at the distance. FEVER N CHILLS has finished behind SONORA'S MOON six times in head to head competition and BUTTERCUP EXPRESS once. I expect that to happen again. Edge to SONORA'S MOON on consistency.

Race 2 is over six panels for $50k claimers. The race is loaded with speed. I like DIGIMON who is dropping for a tag the first time. This hard luck horse has a lot of excuses in his trouble line. He has a touch of class with previous stakes experience.

Race 3 is a MSW at a mile. JACK OF MY HEART has two 2nd place finishes at a mile or more in his last three attempts.

Race 4 is a $35k claimer. SPUR CREEK is gunning for his third straight win at the distance and has leading rider Douglas(who is having a phenomenal Meet) in the irons.

Race 5 is another MSW at a mile. SET TO SPARKLE is the lone speed horse stretching out.

Race 6 is a mile on the turf. GRIFTER might steal the race.

Race 7 is a $50k claimer. BET ON JOE has been on vacation since Februrary and appears to be the class of the field. Douglas on his back can't hurt.

Race 8 is a mile and 1/16 on the grass. DELICATESSA has the top Beyer and is dropping in distance from her last race where she finished second.

Race 9, the loser's race, is a 6F sprint. Sheridan Lake is lightly raced but accomplished.

As always, GOOD RACING, and remember: anything can happen in a horse race and usually does.

LutherCalvin
07-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Four winners at ARLINGTON PARK:

Race 4: SPUR CREEK paid $8.80

Race 6: GRIFTER paid $7.80

Race 7: BET ON JOE paid $5.00

Race 8: Delicatessa paid $7.20