PDA

View Full Version : Paulick's site has a youtube interview with Jackson

Jasonm921
04-30-2010, 05:37 PM
He says Rachel is not going to retire, which I like because she hasn't shamed herself. However, read between the lines, Borel is off this filly next time. I like Calvin but he has not identified the threats on the outside the last two races.

David-LV
04-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Jasonm921:He says Rachel is not going to retire, which I like because she hasn't shamed herself. However, read between the lines, Borel is off this filly next time. I like Calvin but he has not identified the threats on the outside the last two races.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go again blame the jockey who gave this horse as good a ride as you can give.

Why don't they blame the horse who did not run fast enough to win.

What is Jackson going to do, or who is he going to blame next time she loses.

BTW: What does identified the threats on the outside the last two races mean??

Racing is not a science, it is who runs fast enough today to win.

letswastemoney
04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Wasn't a terrible race at all. Looking at the PPs, lightly raced Unrivaled Belle had every right to improve. Both of them beat Arson Squad's time.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm glad to hear Jackson say this...I agree with him 100%

If they would retire her now, they would be doing a great disservice not only to her legacy, but to her many fans out there...not that they owe us anything at this point...

Tom
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I like Steve Byk's comment about JAckson yesterday - "He couldn't pick Rachael out of a police lineup."

Now is it just me, or are his comments so soon after the race a bit premature? Don't you wait and talk to the trainer and wait and see, how she comes out of it?

I think he has a thing about microphones myself.

andymays
04-30-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm glad to hear Jackson say this...I agree with him 100%

If they would retire her now, they would be doing a great disservice not only to her legacy, but to her many fans out there...not that they owe us anything at this point...

She can compete against grade three company this year. On a good day maybe grade two.

She aint the same. Not even 5 lengths the same.

Jasonm921
04-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Good point on the time. Didn't realize they were fater than Arson Squad's race. I want to see the numbers before drawing a conclusion. If she draws a 104-108 beyer then she will probably be alright. Anything less may be an issue.

andymays
04-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Good point on the time. Didn't realize they were fater than Arson Squad's race. I want to see the numbers before drawing a conclusion. If she draws a 104-108 beyer then she will probably be alright. Anything less may be an issue.

Numbers don't make a difference in this case. She was empty when challenged.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:22 PM
She can compete against grade three company this year. On a good day maybe grade two.

She aint the same. Not even 5 lengths the same.I looked at her form from last year, and I'm telling you she can still easily rise to her ability level of 2009. Give her one or two more starts to prove it...

Pick6
04-30-2010, 06:23 PM
You are repeating yourself. I don't think you will ban yourself, however.

Jasonm921
04-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Not so fast.....we will know if she is regressing or if the others are just catching up to her. It's like Cigar at the end....everyone thought he was fading (and maybe he was) but his numbers were consistent. Skip Away and the gang just caught up to him. Numbers aren't conclusive but they are a possible indicator on where she stands. If she comes back with a 95 Beyer...then retire her because she is done. However, if it's a 105 or something like that then it just maybe she is running into horses peaking at the moment. It happens.

Jasonm921
04-30-2010, 06:28 PM
She battled the entire stretch. She wasn't empty.

andymays
04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I looked at her form from last year, and I'm telling you she can still easily rise to her ability level of 2009. Give her one or two more starts to prove it...

Nope!

You're the man but in this case I have to nominate CJ to take over the helm.

You'e too close to the subject.

How disbarred am I? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I Del Mar disbarred? That would be the end. ;)

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
You are repeating yourself. I don't think you will ban yourself, however.Why are you even typing something like this? I have a pretty good idea. I'd like to hear yours though.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Nope!

You're the man but in this case I have to nominate CJ to take over the helm.

You'e too close to the subject.

How disbarred am I? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:I don't even know what you are talking about. Why are people talking about banning and disbarment?

Only total assholes get banned. Always remember that.

If you aren't a total asshole, you'll be ok.

andymays
04-30-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't even know what you are talking about. Why are people talking about banning and disbarment?

And then some! :lol:

Pick6
04-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Why are you even typing something like this? I have a pretty good idea. I'd like to hear yours though.
Your policy?

DRIVEWAY
04-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I like Steve Byk's comment about JAckson yesterday - "He couldn't pick Rachael out of a police lineup."

Now is it just me, or are his comments so soon after the race a bit premature? Don't you wait and talk to the trainer and wait and see, how she comes out of it?

I think he has a thing about microphones myself.

He seems to say one thing the day of the race and then change his mind the next day.

It's all about Jackson, the horse just provides the spotlight.

Jasonm921
04-30-2010, 06:41 PM
In an unrelated note...Last year I went to the backstretch at Saratoga and saw a horse by Mott's barn grazing. Kept my distance and started taking photos. I didn't realize that there was a name plate on her and I was a good 30 feet away...so I ask the hot walker, what's her name? He says Unbridled Belle in a heavy spanish accent. I told him he was screwing with me because Unbridled Belled was a Pletcher horse stabled on the other side. I ask him again ...."Unbridled Belle". I realized I wasn't getting anywhere and kept moving. Itook about 6 photos of the horse....deleted 5 of them to make room on my card for photos of Rachel Alexandra. Here is the lone surviving photo of that encounter. http://www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/3858055182/

Lessons learned-bring a bigger card, don't delete photos and a little more patience.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:42 PM
He seems to say one thing the day of the race and then change his mind the next day.

It's all about Jackson, the horse just provides the spotlight.Am I watching the same industry as you?

You act as if Jackson is everywhere. Yeah, when the 2009 HOY is racing, you're likely to have people wanting to interview him.

I don't get this whole "Jackson is a media whore" allegation. Is it just because the cat has dough? Is that what drives these comments?

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Your policy?What policy? If I banned people for repeating themselves, this would be one lonely place.

And why are you bringing any of this up in the first place? Do you think anyone else really cares? Don't you think something like this would best be handled via email or private message? I do. But I kind of know why you might not...

Pick6
04-30-2010, 06:45 PM
You consistently alert posters about repeating themselves. I thought it would apply to you as well. That is all.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:48 PM
You consistently alert posters about repeating themselves. I thought it would apply to you as well. That is all.I believe you are mistaking me with someone else.

Please post links to the last five times I alerted posters about repeating themselves. If I'm as consistent as you claim, this should be easy.

And btw, the rest of those reading this thread right now just fell asleep. From now on, you should discuss matters like this via private channels.

Pick6
04-30-2010, 06:51 PM
#114 in the La Trionne thread. You cite "boredom". Others in the past.

I cited that RA and Z will not face off each other (more than once), you noted such and you banned me for that.

If you are claiming that you will no longer ban posters for repeating themselves, I am fine with that.

DRIVEWAY
04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Am I watching the same industry as you?

You act as if Jackson is everywhere. Yeah, when the 2009 HOY is racing, you're likely to have people wanting to interview him.

I don't get this whole "Jackson is a media whore" allegation. Is it just because the cat has dough? Is that what drives these comments?

Did you just hit the nail with a hammer?

only11
04-30-2010, 07:10 PM
I believe you are mistaking me with someone else.

Please post links to the last five times I alerted posters about repeating themselves. If I'm as consistent as you claim, this should be easy.
PA do you agree with Jackson stating her 2009 campaign was tough?3/4 of her races were walkover races...she had 2 wins over 20 her 2 races in FG were a joke..the haskell she won handily...her toughest race was the Woodward..tough campaign i disagree..

DeanT
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM

Yes, give it a week. Jess was still clinging to racing Curlin in the Arc after he lost on turf. That was (sorry for being impolite) insane. And of course, we all remember that Rachel was apparently "going to the Apple Blossom" still after the New Orleans loss. That was equally curious, and proven so today.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 07:48 PM
#114 in the La Trionne thread. You cite "boredom". Others in the past.

I cited that RA and Z will not face off each other (more than once), you noted such and you banned me for that.

If you are claiming that you will no longer ban posters for repeating themselves, I am fine with that.One example from today, yes, I remember that one, and knew you would cite that.

"Others in past" doesn't quite cut the mustard though...certainly doesn't show any consistency.

I banned you for citing that RA and Z will not face off each other (more than once)? That would be impossible. You may have been banned (what was your old user name?), but it wasn't for something as innocuous as that, I can assure you.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
PA do you agree with Jackson stating her 2009 campaign was tough?3/4 of her races were walkover races...she had 2 wins over 20 her 2 races in FG were a joke..the haskell she won handily...her toughest race was the Woodward..tough campaign i disagree..It's the connections' job to make excuses and pump up their charge.

Like team Z just did when they mentioned something about the Rockies getting in the way of her travel plans... :lol:

You didn't hear me make fun of them for that, now did you? (Wait, I just did, didn't I? Oh well)

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Did you just hit the nail with a hammer?Not even close.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes, give it a week. Jess was still clinging to racing Curlin in the Arc after he lost on turf. That was (sorry for being impolite) insane. And of course, we all remember that Rachel was apparently "going to the Apple Blossom" still after the New Orleans loss. That was equally curious, and proven so today.Thank goodness you guys aren't in charge of some championship quality stock...we'd all be stuck with the Zenyatta types, beating up on tomato cans forever, and only really coming out to play once a year.

But a guy like Jackson gives the fans what they want with Rachel's 2009 campaign, and folks here take every opportunity to take a dump on his head.

DeanT
04-30-2010, 07:54 PM
I said nothing about her 2009 campaign, or Zenyatta. I am pointing out that Jackson changes his mind after he thinks about things. I do not know why that would instigate a confrontational response.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 07:57 PM
I said nothing about her 2009 campaign. I am pointing out that Jackson changes his mind after he thinks about things. I do not know why that would instigate a confrontational response.You criticized the man for thinking out loud with Curlin, then you criticize him for thinking out loud with Rachel this year, did you not?

I wasn't being confrontational. I was playing devil's advocate. I always defend the guy being dumped on the most around here.

Witness my defense of D. Wayne Lukas in the early years, my defense of IEAH and Dutrow during Big Brown and also more recently, and now my defense of Jess Jackson.

You would think I'd be a big supporter of synthetic surfaces given my above track record... :lol:

DeanT
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
You criticized the man for thinking out loud with Curlin, then you criticize him for thinking out loud with Rachel this year, did you not?

No, the title of the thread is 'Rachel is not retiring because Jess Jackson says so'. I said we have to wait for a cooling out period before we know he means what he says, and I used two examples to illustrate my point. He is not the first owner to say something after a race and do something different a week later, and he won't be the last. If it was Joe Shmo I would have posted the same thing if there were examples of it happening.

Pick6
04-30-2010, 09:36 PM
One example from today, yes, I remember that one, and knew you would cite that.

"Others in past" doesn't quite cut the mustard though...certainly doesn't show any consistency.

I banned you for citing that RA and Z will not face off each other (more than once)? That would be impossible. You may have been banned (what was your old user name?), but it wasn't for something as innocuous as that, I can assure you.
So I guess I need to count this stuff from now on?

Come on, you can do better than that. If it means you don't ban posters in the future for this, then I guess we are all better off.

Pick6
04-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Thank goodness you guys aren't in charge of some championship quality stock...we'd all be stuck with the Zenyatta types, beating up on tomato cans forever, and only really coming out to play once a year.

But a guy like Jackson gives the fans what they want with Rachel's 2009 campaign, and folks here take every opportunity to take a dump on his head.
I wanted a Belmont, Travers, and BC Classic appearance. Many others did as well.

To say that no-showing BC was "giving the fans what they want" is lol ridiculous.

And last time I checked Moss agreed to a 2010 Apple Blossom at 1 1/8 with RA in the field. I would not categorize that as "beating up tomato cans", I would categorize that as "giving the fans what they want."

Robert Fischer
04-30-2010, 09:46 PM
If jackson knew about trips and jockeys, he would have blamed AlbaraDOH! for the Derby and then a year later for the Breeders Cup Classic. Unfortunately for Borel the La Troine (sp) stakes wasn't on synthetic.

At least Rachel lost. It's not like I can think of anything else race related to focus on, on the eve of the first Saturday in May. :bang::bang::bang:

Cardus
04-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Good luck in the Derby tomorrow.

born2ride
04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
I said nothing about her 2009 campaign, or Zenyatta. I am pointing out that Jackson changes his mind after he thinks about things. I do not know why that would instigate a confrontational response.

As do many owners, and trainers. So what is your point? :confused:

born2ride
04-30-2010, 10:00 PM
No, the title of the thread is 'Rachel is not retiring because Jess Jackson says so'. I said we have to wait for a cooling out period before we know he means what he says, and I used two examples to illustrate my point. He is not the first owner to say something after a race and do something different a week later, and he won't be the last. If it was Joe Shmo I would have posted the same thing if there were examples of it happening.

Why wait...Jackson was quoted before the La Troienne as saying basically the same thing he said today. He also said similar things before the NOL and after. If anything changes it will be equipment or the jockey.

hazzardm
04-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't even know what you are talking about. Why are people talking about banning and disbarment?

In the words of Grace re: PA : He's a righteous dude.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 05:03 AM
So I guess I need to count this stuff from now on?

Come on, you can do better than that. If it means you don't ban posters in the future for this, then I guess we are all better off.When you start accusing me of being a certain way, it would be nice if you could prove it. You used the word consistency, not me. One time does not consistent mean.

And if you were banned, what are you doing back here?