PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta v Quality Road

horses4courses
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
If you liked Rachel over Zenyatta, I'm thinking it's time for all you dirt fans to talk up Quality Road....the girls aren't going meet imo......

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought fans of Zenyatta aren't very keen on horses who are "one hit wonders" like Quality Road off his last race. Besides, he's cutting back to a mile...his connections must be ducking the longer races, right?

horses4courses
04-30-2010, 03:41 PM
I thought fans of Zenyatta aren't very keen on horses who are "one hit wonders" like Quality Road off his last race. Besides, he's cutting back to a mile...his connections must be ducking the longer races, right?

We'll see......

Zenyatta's critics won't be satisfied until she beats a horse as quick as QR on the dirt. Of course, it will have to be at 9 furlongs, or further.
Even then, with Z mowing him down, those people will reminisce about how Zenyatta would " never have beaten Rachel at her best" Sigh.......

Pick6
04-30-2010, 03:48 PM
If QR is good enough, they will most likely meet, probably in the BC Classic at CD. That should be enough to determine who is the better horse.

andymays
04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
It would be almost impossible for Zenyatta to beat Quality Road on a normal dirt surface with Quality Road controlling the pace.

Zenyatta would make her move on the turn for home and come up to him and he would leave her in the dust and draw out again.

I think Zenyatta is one of the best ever but there is fantasy and then there is reality. The reality is that QR dusts her if he controls the pace. He might even beat her if he doesn't.

Cadillakin
04-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Maybe so.. But more likely, his trainer is confident the Met Mile is a good spot for him to win..

Do note that Quality Road faced champion 3 year old, Summer Bird, two times in the last year.. In both races, he was defeated. It may be that Quality Road didn't like the off going, or didn't like the distance of the races, (10 and 12f) or wasn't as good as Summer Bird...

Whatever the reasons for the losses, he is 0-2 against Summer Bird.. And as we saw in the Classic, Summer Bird is not in the same league with Zenyatta..

Trainer Tim Ice said this about Summer Birds race against Zenyatta in the Classic.. “He came out of it fine,” Ice said. “He was a little tired but he is good right now. I am not going to say anything negative about the track. He (Summer Bird) ran well on it and he ran his race.”

Quality Road had his chance to beat Zenyatta at 10 furlongs in that very same race. But instead of entering the gate and proving his superiority, he threw a hissy fit and went home without racing. He refused.

You're going to continue to make the case that he is the better horse..

It doesn't fly.. He had over a minute to enter that gate before they tried the blindfold on him.. He was making everybody else stand too long in the gate.. Great horses who are dominant do not do that. They go in, they race, and they win. They don't need anybody in the forums to make excuses for them...

andymays
04-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Maybe so.. But more likely, his trainer is confident the Met Mile is a good spot for him to win..

Do note that Quality Road faced champion 3 year old, Summer Bird, two times in the last year.. In both races, he was defeated. It may be that Quality Road didn't like the off going, or didn't like the distance of the races, (10 and 12f) or wasn't as good as Summer Bird...

Whatever the reasons for the losses, he is 0-2 against Summer Bird.. And as we saw in the Classic, Summer Bird is not in the same league with Zenyatta..

Trainer Tim Ice said this about Summer Birds race against Zenyatta in the Classic.. “He came out of it fine,” Ice said. “He was a little tired but he is good right now. I am not going to say anything negative about the track. He (Summer Bird) ran well on it and he ran his race.”

Quality Road had his chance to beat Zenyatta at 10 furlongs in that very same race. But instead of entering the gate and proving his superiority, he threw a hissy fit and went home without racing. He refused.

It doesn't fly.. He had over a minute to enter that gate before they tried the blindfold on him.. He was making everybody else stand too long in the gate.. Great horses who are dominant do not do that. They go in, they race, and they win. They don't need anybody in the forums to make excuses for them...

You know Caddy when you write about racing and give your opinion without trying to be vindictive you're one of the best. When you write like a scorned chick you're one of the worst.

Give us a screenshot of 2009. Yes, that's 2009 only. Rumor has it you didn't do so well but I could be wrong.

It's too bad you need to take shots at everyone that disagrees with you. After all even the man with the 30 year winning streak (and I defended you on that one) is wrong more than half of the time. ;)

Spalding No!
04-30-2010, 04:25 PM
After St. Trinians beats Zenyatta in the Vanity, I predict the Zenyatta-Rachel Alexandra meeting in the Ladies Classic at the end of the year will be about as anti-climactic as the rematch between Meadow Star and Lite Light in the '92 Distaff.

Jasonm921
04-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Stop using the Zenyatta beat Summer Bird in the Classic argument. It was on synthetics...debate is over regarding that. I was there when Gio Ponti was being pointed for the Suburban at Belmont. They worked him on dirt and then the Clement Stable realized their horse was nowhere near the same caliber on the dirt as he was on the turf. Different surfaces yield different results.

Pick6
04-30-2010, 04:33 PM
After St. Trinians beats Zenyatta in the Vanity, I predict the Zenyatta-Rachel Alexandra meeting in the Ladies Classic at the end of the year will be about as anti-climactic as the rematch between Meadow Star and Lite Light in the '92 Distaff.
But everybody already recognizes that the Vanity will be full of cupcakes and prove nothing, right?

Tom
04-30-2010, 04:37 PM
What's better, beating come cupcakes or losing to a soup can? :D
Somehow, Rachael failing again today is now Zenyatta's fault?

Spalding No!
04-30-2010, 04:38 PM
But everybody already recognizes that the Vanity will be full of cupcakes and prove nothing, right?

I feel like an enabler...

Nonetheless, beating St. Trinians on synthetics will certainly be a step up from the Santa Margarita and the Apple Blossom.

Is it the sort of challenge most would have anticipated Zenyatta tackling in her 3rd start of the year?

Probably not, considering St. Trinians effort in the Big Cap.

chickenhead
04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
It's a little known fact that they actually left Zenyatta in charge of sending out the AB invitations, and she, like, totally forgot.

So while it does sound really stupid to slam her for beating up cupcakes in the AB if you didn't know that, it is kind of her fault that no one showed up.

No one is happy she's running in the Vanity. But she is. Pout pout pout. Stomp feet stomp feet. Oh well. Also, yes, she could get beat. Also, it's April.

Pick6
04-30-2010, 04:47 PM
If Zenyatta goes in the Vanity, she will be 1-5 or perhaps 1-10. If she wins, it will go abs. nowhere in changing anyone's view. if she loses then of course she is not that good.

When Rachel Alexandra loses at 1-20 and 1-5 odds, logic tells us she is just rounding into form.

Spalding No!
04-30-2010, 04:58 PM
If Zenyatta goes in the Vanity, she will be 1-5 or perhaps 1-10. If she wins, it will go abs. nowhere in changing anyone's view. if she loses then of course she is not that good.

When Rachel Alexandra loses at 1-20 and 1-5 odds, logic tells us she is just rounding into form.

Actually, were Zenyatta to lose the Vanity, it would hopefully be a "Moonstruck" slap in the face for Team Z to finally take off the "unbeatable" albatross that the great mare has to shoulder.

Then, we might get to see how great she is rather than just listen to people speculate about it after her paid public workouts.

andymays
04-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Zenyatta can run. Make no mistake about that.

Zenyatta can dance. Make no mistake about that.

Zenyatt can't beat Quality Road. Make no mistake about that.

46zilzal
04-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Zenyatta can run. Make no mistake about that.

Zenyatta can dance. Make no mistake about that.

Zenyatta can't beat Quality Road. Make no mistake about that.

These two represent the same dichotomy as the RA/Z comparisons: one on the pace the other from the clouds....What makes this mare so amazing is that she keeps winning from the clouds!

andymays
04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
These two represent the same dichotomy as the RA/Z comparisons: one on the pace the other from the clouds....What makes this mare so amazing is that she keeps winning from the clouds!

The only clouds she will be winning from against Quality Road are his flatulents.

I still think she's great. Butt( no pun intended) we shall see.

Pick6
04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Actually, were Zenyatta to lose the Vanity, it would hopefully be a "Moonstruck" slap in the face for Team Z to finally take off the "unbeatable" albatross that the great mare has to shoulder.

Then, we might get to see how great she is rather than just listen to people speculate about it after her paid public workouts.
Not expecting it to happen but if it did I would expect Z's handlers to point her to open races more quickly, instead of the other way around.

But would they then be accused of ducking the horse that beat her?

Pick6
04-30-2010, 05:10 PM
The only clouds she will be winning from against Quality Road are his flatulents.

I still think she's great. Butt( no pun intended) we shall see.
So if Z wins 2010 BC Classic with QR in the field, your conclusion will be ...? Or will there be some excuse in there, e.g. "pace too fast", "not liking the surface", etc.?

andymays
04-30-2010, 05:12 PM
So if Z wins 2010 BC Classic with QR in the field, your conclusion will be ...? Or will there be some excuse in there, e.g. "pace too fast", "not liking the surface", etc.?

I think the world of Zenyatta and her connections. If she beats a quality field on dirt (with Quality Road in the field)nobody will say anything negative against her. They can't. The debate will be over. Permanently.

I'll give my opinion when it happens.

gm10
04-30-2010, 05:58 PM

No, he was in Santa Anita, alright.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:17 PM

It doesn't fly.. He had over a minute to enter that gate before they tried the blindfold on him.. He was making everybody else stand too long in the gate.. Great horses who are dominant do not do that. They go in, they race, and they win. They don't need anybody in the forums to make excuses for them...I never made any case that Quality Road is the better horse.

In fact, I think Zenyatta would beat Quality Road, especially as the distance gets longer. I don't put much stock into Quality Road because of his rather erratic history.

andymays
04-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I never made any case that Quality Road is the better horse.

In fact, I think Zenyatta would beat Quality Road, especially as the distance gets longer. I don't put much stock into Quality Road because of his rather erratic history.

I'm losing all hope now. :(

Quality Road romps against Zenyatta. He could probably freak out and hit a bird halfway and still win. ;)

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:20 PM
No, he was in Santa Anita, alright.huh? that was ancient history

only11
04-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm losing all hope now. :(

Quality Road romps against Zenyatta. He could probably freak out and hit a bird halfway and still win. ;)
QR hasnt proven jack shit out of Gulfstream..

andymays
04-30-2010, 07:02 PM
QR hasnt proven jack shit out of Gulfstream..

Wait for Jack Sh*t?

If he (Quality Road) doesn't get it done hanidily I'll quit playing horse for the rest of my life (not that that's a long time) ;)

only11
04-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Wait for Jack Sh*t?

If he (Quality Road) doesn't get it done hanidily I'll quit playing horse for the rest of my life (not that that's a long time) ;)
Andy how long have you been playing horses?over/under i say 46 years?

andymays
04-30-2010, 08:57 PM

Too Long.

Live long and prosper only11. :ThmbUp:

andymays
04-30-2010, 09:20 PM

Long enough to see them run on the contents of uses vacuum cleaner bags. :rolleyes:

Nobody would have believed it 10 years ago. :eek: :rolleyes:

Java Gold@TFT
04-30-2010, 09:39 PM
I am positive that I saw the quote but can't find it right now. It was either Moss or Sheriffs who said they didn't have any interest in going to NY soon because too many of their races are handicaps. I'm still going to wait for the Vanity weights to come out to see if the Racing Secretary has the gonads to put 133 on Zenyatta for fear that Moss will pull out. Even if you think St Trinians is within 6 lbs of Zenyatta then do the dirty deed and weight them at 133-127 to see who blinks first.

What would the weights have to be to be fair in the Met Mile? An older male vs an older female? What is scale? 2-3 pounds? You think that Moss would even think about crossing the Rockies to only get 2-3 pounds from Quality Road?

Nikki1997
04-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Zenyatta will get weight from Quality Road in the Classic as per race conditions .

If she and he are both healthy they will both be there .

Quality Road is winless at 10 furlongs .

He is also not invincible as every horse is, including Zenyatta..

He seems to be everyone's star of hope in the quest to knock the big mare down .

I wish him luck, as he will need it ..

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 04:57 AM
The fact remains, you don't have to put in a race like Quality Road did at Gulfstream in order to beat Zenyatta on dirt.

Although, if by chance someone did put in a race like Quality Road did at Gulfstream, not only would they beat Zenyatta, they would absolutely destroy her in my opinion.

only11
05-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Long enough to see them run on the contents of uses vacuum cleaner bags. :rolleyes:

Nobody would have believed it 10 years ago. :eek: :rolleyes:
Christ!!!!