PDA

View Full Version : Open Message to Those Who Question Zenyatta's Connections

Audioslavery
04-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Rachel Alexandra is a prime example of what can happen to a great horse that is overraced and not well taken care of. Her connections were out for their own interests and went big. (Stardom bound is another example of a burned out horse coming back from a big year)

Many people on this forum seem to take anything they can away from Zenyatta due to the 'lack of guts' by her connections. Jess Jackson burned this horse out plain and simple. To give a hard time to the Mosses for their decisions with Zenyatta looks really ignorant after this performance.

Zenyatta has been lightly raced by some standards, but we got to see her for a lot longer than we will probably ever see Rachel...

Cadillakin
04-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Rachel Alexandra is a prime example of what can happen to a great horse that is overraced and not well taken care of. Her connections were out for their own interests and went big. (Stardom bound is another example of a burned out horse coming back from a big year)

Many people on this forum seem to take anything they can away from Zenyatta due to the 'lack of guts' by her connections. Jess Jackson burned this horse out plain and simple. To give a hard time to the Mosses for their decisions with Zenyatta looks really ignorant after this performance.

Zenyatta has been lightly raced by some standards, but we got to see her for a lot longer than we will probably ever see Rachel...
I agree with your post... not so much that Rachel did too much, or that she is burned out.. But I do think there are many posters unaware how difficult it is to keep a horse in top form for 2 plus years...

Zenyatta is not a traveling circus performer...

Her connections are doing what they think are in her best interests. As to meeting challenges, facing the boys, shipping here or there, that's completely up to her connections. It's entirely their responsibility to take care of her.. If all goes well, I'm pretty sure that we will see her at the end of the year in the Breeders Cup Classic at 10 furlongs... once again..

Jasonm921
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't think they burned her out...I didn't like the 6 month layoff. That is too long for a prime athlete to be on the shelf. Stardom Bound is a typical story of a two year old superstar that shined bright and burned out by three. History is littered with those.

depalma113
04-30-2010, 08:54 PM

What a bunch of horse sh*t.

Zenyatta has run 16 times.
Rachel has run 16 times.

You have seen both of them exactly the same amount of days.

Cardus
04-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Good luck in the Derby tomorrow.