PDA

View Full Version : Man claims to have had no food or drink for 70 years

Dave Schwartz
04-30-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/7645857/Man-claims-to-have-had-no-food-or-drink-for-70-years.html

Man claims to have had no food or drink for 70 years
Indian military scientists are studying an 82-year-old who claims he has not had any food or drink for 70 years.

chickenhead
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
He's taking that whole "Stay thirsty, my friends" too far. It's not that funny, Gupta.

boxcar
04-30-2010, 11:24 AM
He certainly redefines fasting, doesn't he?

Boxcar

Greyfox
04-30-2010, 11:27 AM
A "breatharian?" :lol:
I know Yogi's are capable of lowering their heart rate and body temperature and can do some amazing feats in Meditation in caves.
For example an interesting read in this area is Herbert Benson's book
Beyond the Relaxation Response.
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Relaxation-Response-Herbert-Benson/dp/0425081834

Having said that most humans cannot go without water for beyond 14 days.
Let's say Yogi's could go 4 times as long, they'd be in trouble in just over a month to six weeks.
Some bacteria can live without oxygen and water for long periods of time.
But not humans.
If anyone believes the article, I've got a bridge for sale in Manhattan.
That doesn't mean that scientists won't glean something here.

Greyfox
04-30-2010, 11:32 AM
72 years? For me this is how I'll look in a tenth that time...

http://www.poespoes.nl/log/skeleton.jpg.

Dave Schwartz
04-30-2010, 11:51 AM
LOL - I knew you guys would like this.

See how much better this is than politics?
;)

chickenhead
04-30-2010, 12:40 PM
I do know a guy that can live without food and water seemingly indefinately. He requires vast amounts of beer tho, so probably not quite such a medical anomaly -- although his liver deserves some study.

JustRalph
04-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't worry Dave.......... I have been making up for both of us..........

skate
04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
lent is over...now.

Tom
04-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Was he at a Denny's?

Dick Schmidt
04-30-2010, 06:46 PM
LOL - I knew you guys would like this.

See how much better this is than politics?
;)

This is yet another example of what a commie Obama is. Why is he withholding this technology from us. Probably so we will need to import more illegals to grow our food that we really don't need. Vote them all out before the UN Cartel takes over completely, if its not already too late. Watch out for the black helicopters. From my cold, dead hands.

Dick

"You know, Gradie, most people seems to think I’m paranoid; crazy. But they never met any Precambrian life forms, have they.."
-Bert Gummer (Tremors)

Robert Goren
04-30-2010, 06:48 PM
This is yet another example of what a commie Obama is. Why is he withholding this technology from us. Probably so we will need to import more illegals to grow our food that we really don't need. Vote them all out before the UN Cartel takes over completely, if its not already too late. Watch out for the black helicopters. From my cold, dead hands.

Dick

"You know, Gradie, most people seems to think I’m paranoid; crazy. But they never met any Precambrian life forms, have they.."
-Bert Gummer (Tremors):lol: :lol: :lol:

Valuist
04-30-2010, 07:51 PM
If you never HAD to eat or drink, would you? Seems like one could be a lot more productive and same a considerable amount of money if they never had to eat or drink.

Overlay
04-30-2010, 08:03 PM
If you could convert his lifestyle to equine use, it would be the definitive answer to the question, "How do you make a slow horse fast?"

Overlay
04-30-2010, 08:46 PM
If you never HAD to eat or drink, would you? Seems like one could be a lot more productive and same a considerable amount of money if they never had to eat or drink.

Your comment reminded me of the following poem by Ogden Nash:

Mr. Artesian's Conscientiousness

Once there was a man named Mr. Artesian and his activity was tremendous,

And he grudged every minute away from his desk because the importance of his work was so stupendous;

And he had one object all sublime,

Which was to save simply oodles of time.

He figured that sleeping eight hours a night meant that, if he lived to be seventy-five, he would have spent twenty-five years not at his desk but in bed,

So he cut his slumber to six hours, which meant he only lost eighteen years and nine months instead.

And he figured that taking ten minutes for breakfast and twenty minutes for luncheon and half an hour for dinner meant that he spent three years, two months and fifteen days at the table,

So that by subsisting solely on bouillon cubes which he swallowed at his desk to save this entire period he was able.

And he figured that at ten minutes a day he spent a little over six months and ten days shaving,

So he grew a beard, which gave him a considerable saving.

And you might think that now he might have been satisfied, but no, he wore a thoughtful frown,

Because he figured that at two minutes a day he would spend thirty-eight days and a few minutes in elevators just travelling up and down.

So, as a final time saving device, he stepped out the window of his office, which happened to be on the fiftieth floor.

And one of his partners asked "Has he vertigo?", and the other glanced out and down, and said, "Oh no, only about ten feet more."

Hanover1
04-30-2010, 08:52 PM
72 years? For me this is how I'll look in a tenth that time...

http://www.poespoes.nl/log/skeleton.jpg.
CLASSIC........ :lol: :lol: :lol: