PDA

View Full Version : This could be the year!

OntheRail
04-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Ok after looking over the PP's for the Derby this could be the year we have a dead heat. As none stand head nor shoulder above the others then toss in the off track. I think we'er in for a cluster finish. :faint:

cj's dad
04-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok after looking over the PP's for the Derby this could be the year we have a dead heat. As none stand head nor shoulder above the others then toss in the off track. I think we'er in for a cluster finish. :faint:

In the running for the dumbest post of the year --- NEXT !!!

bdubz9180
04-29-2010, 08:34 PM
um no

OntheRail
04-29-2010, 09:33 PM
In the running for the dumbest post of the year --- NEXT !!!
Ok lets look at how many 1st as of late. Big Brown won from the 20th hole for the first time even. Rachel won the Preakness from the 13th hole the first time ever and becoming the first filly in 85 years to win the second leg of the Triple Crown. Zenyatta the first mare to win the BC Classic on Synthetics. Top that of with # 44. Seems nothing is beyond the realm of possibility.

So with some many first happening in the cosmos in the last few years and with us nearing 2012 and this field. What makes the premise of this post a candidate for a dumbest post. Other then your wound to tight from trying to make heads or tails from this field of 20. As are we all :D

Here's to catching lighting in a bottle... Good Luck. ;)

Hanover1
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabitt outta my hat, nuthin up my sleeve...PRESTO!! (Out comes a lion...)

Sekrah
04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Thought about replying to this absurd thread first, but decided to pass.

The odds of a deadheat in any horse race are so outrageous and astronomical, it's not even worth discussing something this stupid.

The odds of a deadheat are no more likely this year than any other year in the past.

In my 10+ years wagering, I can probably count the number of deadheats for first place on 1 hand that took place in a race I bet on. And I'm a pretty heavy bettor. Easily 10,000+ races.

In a 10 furlong race? Even rarer. When's the last time a cluster of horses were at the wire in the Derby? 5 or 6 horses will run career efforts and seperate themselves from the pack.. 1 of them gets away with a couple lengths win, the other 4 or 5 will be spread out over the next 100-200 yards back.