PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Act?

Danieljay
04-28-2010, 11:00 PM
What do you guys think of Awesome Act?

I just read an article on another site that has him in the top 4. Just wondering if anyone thinks he has any kind of chance. Heres what they posted about him.

Awesome Act - It wouldn't be the Derby if I didn't fall in love with an off-the-radar gems. This is one of them. He was a distant third to Eskendereya in the Wood Memorial last time out. I'm willing to ignore that, though - he lost a shoe just out of the gate, and he didn't adjust at all. He's better than that race, and he's going to be able to bounce well forward from it. He's a big, impressive horse who is bred for this race, and I think he could be a big part of it.

Niko
04-28-2010, 11:07 PM
They've been pointing him to the Derby since the end of last year....has as good a shot as most others

horses4courses
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I would think he has to be included in exotics.

Leparoux looked like he had alot of horse coming towards the far turn in the Wood - not being able to fire as well as Esky may mean that he is simply not as good as that one, or that he was compromised by losing a shoe.
Maybe a touch of both, however, the lost shoe appears a valid excuse.

He will have no problem seeing out the distance.
It's just a question of whether he is quick enough down the stretch.

:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I love the horse ........to about 8.6 furlongs..........

I watched his races on video last night........ he runs great to 8.5 and then seems to stop before 9 furlongs and even his trainer has stated he is worried about the distance.

I think he would be a great miler............

I think the right ride, might stretch him out a little, but that strangle hold during the Wood seems to have taken more out of him than it saved.

Danieljay
04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I was originally on Endorsement, Sidneys Candy, and Conveyance. Now I am leaning toward Awesome Act and Ice Box. I am still undecided.

redshift1
04-28-2010, 11:25 PM
What do you guys think of Awesome Act?

I just read an article on another site that has him in the top 4. Just wondering if anyone thinks he has any kind of chance. Heres what they posted about him.

Awesome Act - It wouldn't be the Derby if I didn't fall in love with an off-the-radar gems. This is one of them. He was a distant third to Eskendereya in the Wood Memorial last time out. I'm willing to ignore that, though - he lost a shoe just out of the gate, and he didn't adjust at all. He's better than that race, and he's going to be able to bounce well forward from it. He's a big, impressive horse who is bred for this race, and I think he could be a big part of it.

He's one of my top 4 as well.. losing the shoe was no big deal but he stumbled out of the gate and was under HEAVY restraint for at least half the race. Prior to the Wood his Gotham win was impressive so I'm basing my opinion on that race plus his breeding and his Jockey Julien Leparoux.

nijinski
04-29-2010, 12:33 AM
His trainer just got in from over the Atlantic last night , couldn't get a flight due to the volcano.

Hopefully he'll get the honest pace he needs , I like him but we'll see how far he goes.

PhantomOnTour
04-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Awesome Act did fire in the Wood, but the two ahead of him on a slow pace fired as well. He made a steady advance to get within 2 lengths of the front and then Esky & Jackson took off too. He actually closed faster than he did in the Gotham, but he faced better horses and they held him off.

He should make the same move on Sat. I just hope Leparoux doesn't ride it like a turf race and wait too long. Hit the front off the turn like you should on dirt and not at the 1/8 pole like turf....pleeeeeease Julien!

He is all over my tickets. Like him a lot.

point given
04-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I think the whole key with him is getting him to relax and not pull , Leparoux tried to get him to settle but he wouldnot in the Wood. He said in the past it wasn't a problem .

hazzardm
04-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Saw a trainer Noseda quote where he seemed unsure how well he would take to 10f... That Gotham field was pretty weak.