PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a game ....

hazzardm
04-28-2010, 03:06 PM
No, not Saw XXII

Let’s play a game, shall we? The name of the game is called “Imagine.” The way it’s played is simple: we’ll envision recent happenings in the news, but then change them up a bit. Instead of envisioning white people as the main actors in the scenes we’ll conjure - the ones who are driving the action - we’ll envision black folks or other people of color instead. The object of the game is to imagine the public reaction to the events or incidents, if the main actors were of color, rather than white.

http://ephphatha-poetry.blogspot.com/2010/04/imagine-if-tea-party-was-black-tim-wise.html?spref=fb

bigmack
04-28-2010, 03:30 PM
:lol: :lol: I love race hustlers & the people who follow them especially when they're white.

And this, my friends, is what white privilege is all about. The ability to threaten others, to engage in violent and incendiary rhetoric without consequence, to be viewed as patriotic and normal no matter what you do, and never to be feared and despised as people of color would be, if they tried to get away with half the shit we do, on a daily basis.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/4_28_10_12_09_33.png

Tom
04-28-2010, 11:39 PM
The object of the game is to imagine the public reaction to the events or incidents, if the main actors were of color, rather than white.

Perhaps you missed the bottle thowing at cops by people of color, not white?
Oh, and those awful whites after the Rodney King verdict.
Does your antenae pick up the real world?

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2010, 03:47 AM
We play this game all the time around here. It's called "Imagine what would happen if a Republican had said or done that."

Or "Imagine if the Tea Party folks had acted like that."

Or...well...you get the picture...

Where have you been?

hazzardm
04-29-2010, 03:54 PM
We play this game all the time around here. It's called "Imagine what would happen if a Republican had said or done that."

Or "Imagine if the Tea Party folks had acted like that."

Or...well...you get the picture...

Where have you been?

Center field ;)