PDA

View Full Version : best bet for derby tix.? general admission? buy tix?

Zippy Chippy
04-28-2010, 12:22 PM
As usual I have to come to PA for help. Whatis my best plan for Saturday? If I get general admission will I ever see a horse? Are tickets way too expensive? I don't want 2 pay a fortune and then see tons of scalpers Saturday.(that thappened to me 2004 Belmont)

cj's dad
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Tickets are going to be a tough nut to crack unless you are willing to pay top $$;
at least that is my recollection (1998). We got stuck walking around the grandstand area, 1st floor. We finally went outside to the first turn, it used to be a grassy area, but that is now reserved seating !!

Good luck !!

OTM Al
04-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Hang out the day before at the track. Talk to people. You may well run into someone with an extra ticket and be able to buy it from them at a good price. Might make some friends too while you're at it.

Zippy Chippy
04-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Hang out the day before at the track. Talk to people. You may well run into someone with an extra ticket and be able to buy it from them at a good price. Might make some friends too while you're at it.

Good.plan.

slew101
04-28-2010, 01:13 PM
No. I made that mistake at the 2006 BC. Unless you have a seat, it's going to be a nightmare to see anything. I'd hold out as long as possible, but try and get a seat.

[QUOTE=Zippy Chippy]If I get general admission will I ever see a horse?

hazzardm
04-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Often times the area hotels (especially the nicer ones) will have tickets with the front desk or concierge(sp?) .... They are typically less expensive than scalpers.