PDA

View Full Version : Beulah Fortune 6

nick adams
04-27-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm trying to refine the math on the likely payouts (depending on chalk versus longshot outcomes), but I can't find a good estimate of how many individuals/syndicates will play "ALL" for all 6 races.

Any thoughts?

DRIVEWAY
04-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm trying to refine the math on the likely payouts (depending on chalk versus longshot outcomes), but I can't find a good estimate of how many individuals/syndicates will play "ALL" for all 6 races.

Any thoughts?
With 6 horses in every race the all option in every race for .25 costs $11,664.
With 10 horses in each race the all option in every race for .25 costs $250,000.

The track claims that they will have very large fields because of the purses and conditions offered.

If there are 10 horses in every race, I may be the only syndicate in play.:lol:

nick adams
04-27-2010, 11:29 PM
I had not seen the tracks statement that they planned large fields. Thanks!

From recent cards, I modeled average fields of 6 betting choices. I came out with payouts per winning tickets of approx $300 if favorites won, and approx $65,000 if long shots win many races. That assumed approx 9 "ALL" plays (400,000 bets).

Obviously larger fields will limit the number of "ALL" bets and should increase payouts. The track estimates a total pool of $750K, which indicates 1.2M new bets. I'm now thinking that the pool will be larger than that if there are large fields. I know TwinSpires is including the Fortune 6 in their Saturday Players Pool.