PDA

View Full Version : The Divisive Left

ArlJim78
04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
a good post (http://chicagoboyz.net/archives/12672.html) that gets it exactly right;

The Divisive Left
Every leftist today seems to honestly believe that they seek an equitable society in which all people of all persuasions live together in peace. When asked, they will proudly point out all the rhetoric they spout about inclusion and harmony. They will say that proves they bring people together.

In reality, the implicit assumptions behind leftists’ rhetoric foster suspicion, paranoia and outright hatred between Americans. Every time they open their mouths or touch a keyboard, leftists sow discord and hostility in American society and divide neighbor from neighbor.

Leftists induce everyone to see themselves as personally continually under threat from their fellow citizens. They induce everyone to believe that everyone else in society will cheat them or otherwise treat them unfairly. They induce everyone to think of themselves as individuals and groups constantly under siege and attack by virtually everyone else in America.

For an example of this one need look no further than the President’s own rhetoric. Every time he speaks about almost any issue, he pushes the implicit view that one group of Americans is cheating or attacking another group and that only people like himself can save them.

NJ Stinks
04-27-2010, 10:16 PM
What this writer "needs" to remember is that nobody mentioned is going to buy Obama's pitch unless they believe what he says to be true. It's as simple as that.

Here's Obama's statement again lest anyone forget what is being discussed:

“This year, the stakes are higher than ever,” he said, according to a transcript of his remarks provided by Democratic officials. “It will be up to each of you to make sure that young people, African Americans, Latinos and women who powered our victory in 2008 stand together once again.

Tom
04-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Let's face facts. Most of Obama's supporters are not very bright. Remember the one who was waiting to get her gas tank filled? the one in Detroit who was getting a cut from Obama's "stash?" :lol:

The group he ignored is the independents. And they are already looking elsewhere.

rastajenk
04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
It's all about projection, and guilt. It's how they cope.

NJ Stinks
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Let's face facts. Most of Obama's supporters are not very bright. Remember the one who was waiting to get her gas tank filled? the one in Detroit who was getting a cut from Obama's "stash?" :lol:

The group he ignored is the independents. And they are already looking elsewhere.

If what you say is true about independents, Republicans will kick ass in November. We'll see.

BenDiesel26
04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
If what you say is true about independents, Republicans will kick ass in November. We'll see.

Why do you think Democrats are all of a sudden pushing for immigration reform? It has nothing to do with AZ. It has to do with votes. They could care a less about the actual people or what the rest of the US thinks (overwelmingly in favor of enforcing the current laws and securing the border). Harry and some of the others are looking for a backdoor way of getting re-elected, and they need it now. This is plain as day right in front of people's eyes.

NJ Stinks
04-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Why do you think Democrats are all of a sudden pushing for immigration reform? It has nothing to do with AZ. It has to do with votes. They could care a less about the actual people or what the rest of the US thinks (overwelmingly in favor of enforcing the current laws and securing the border). Harry and some of the others are looking for a backdoor way of getting re-elected, and they need it now. This is plain as day right in front of people's eyes.

Maybe Reid is trying to make hay on immigration reform and maybe he isn't. I was reading this article in the Washington Post and here's the first 4 paragraphs:

Reid: Senate to act on climate before immigration

By MATTHEW DALY
The Associated Press
Tuesday, April 27, 2010; 9:42 PM

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Harry_M._Reid) said Tuesday he is willing to bring up climate change legislation ahead of an immigration bill, a possible first step toward resolving a dispute with Senate Republicans that threatens to derail a bipartisan (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/politicsglossary/legislative/bipartisanship/) effort months in the making.

But Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham (http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Lindsey_O._Graham), still angry that Reid considered putting off the climate bill, said nothing has changed. The majority leader (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/politicsglossary/Congressional/majority-leader/) appears not to be serious about either the climate bill or the immigration measure, said Graham. He has threatened to withhold support for the climate bill if Reid pushes ahead first on immigration.

In remarks to reporters, Reid said the long-delayed climate bill "is much further down the road in terms of a product" than the immigration measure, which remains unwritten.

"The energy bill is ready. We will move to that more quickly than a bill we don't have," said Reid, D-Nev. "I don't have an immigration bill."

NJ Stinks
04-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Almost forgot to post the link to the entire article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/27/AR2010042703392.html

bigmack
04-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Almost forgot to post the link to the entire article:
Whataya workin' so hard for? That piece is a bore-ass read. Barely worth being fish & chip paper for lunch tomorrow.

Saw a couple of paragraphs. Not as if I give a rats ass:

Hispanics voted heavily Democratic in 2008, and they've been disappointed with President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats for not following up on campaign promises to reform immigration laws.

Reid is up for re-election this year and trailing in polls in Nevada, where Latinos are an important constituency. With Democrats facing a tough political climate in the midterm elections, energized Hispanic voters could make a difference in several states.

Reid is so gone it ain't funny. Then again...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Teeth-01-june.gif

skate
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
While i agree on "so gone" part, who, as in anybody, is gonna take his place.

I'm not sure , but it seems to me that the competition is very weak.

Hey hey hey, not that i think Harry should be with us for more than yesterday.

bigmack
04-29-2010, 06:58 PM
I think zilly skipped over some of these when he was searching for pics.

nSQIYStgBYY

ArlJim78
05-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Here's a heartwarming story (http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2010/05/ann-arbor-elementary-school-bans-white.html) showing how the worst discriminators and dividers in our society are the do-gooders claiming to be color blind. In this installment an elementary teacher divides up his class and takes the black children on a field trip and while requiring the white kids to stay in class.

http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2010/05/ann-arbor-elementary-school-bans-white.html

boxcar
05-05-2010, 11:17 PM

And let's not forget the "Obama Fan" video and the black gal who voted for BO because he was black...and because he was going to give her money -- you know...ObamaBucks.

Boxcar

boxcar
05-05-2010, 11:26 PM
I think zilly skipped over some of these when he was searching for pics.

nSQIYStgBYY

I betcha zilly thinks all those people in the picks and audio were college grads. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

boxcar
05-06-2010, 12:06 AM
a good post (http://chicagoboyz.net/archives/12672.html) that gets it exactly right;

The Divisive Left
Every leftist today seems to honestly believe that they seek an equitable society in which all people of all persuasions live together in peace. When asked, they will proudly point out all the rhetoric they spout about inclusion and harmony. They will say that proves they bring people together.

In reality, the implicit assumptions behind leftists’ rhetoric foster suspicion, paranoia and outright hatred between Americans. Every time they open their mouths or touch a keyboard, leftists sow discord and hostility in American society and divide neighbor from neighbor.

Leftists induce everyone to see themselves as personally continually under threat from their fellow citizens. They induce everyone to believe that everyone else in society will cheat them or otherwise treat them unfairly. They induce everyone to think of themselves as individuals and groups constantly under siege and attack by virtually everyone else in America.

For an example of this one need look no further than the President’s own rhetoric. Every time he speaks about almost any issue, he pushes the implicit view that one group of Americans is cheating or attacking another group and that only people like himself can save them.

Good topic. Good post, Jim.

Last week El Rushbo touched on the very same issues this guy writes about; but Rush nailed it in a more succinct manner. He picked up on this phrase in that BO speech where he singles out specific groups to support him, while also omitting various other groups from that solicitation of support. Here is the phrase:

stand together once again.

People can take stands for and against something. So, Rush asked the logical question about the use of this particular phrase. The groups whose support BO was soliciting were supposed to take their stand again AGAINST whom? The groups against whom BO supporters are supposed to take their stand again is implicitly understood! Since America is far more diverse that the few groups BO singled out for support, then we can only logically conclude that all the groups that remain -- all who were deliberately excluded -- who were not explicitly solicited by BO -- are the ones the BO supporters are to take their stand [against] together once again! This is crystal clear. Clearly BO's invitation for support could not have been more divisive.

But this guy's article did remind me of something: Liberalism, like all other godless world views or ideologies, is thoroughly self-defeating by nature! In other words, it's internally conflicted. It contradicts itself. Maybe in the next couple of days, if I find the time, I'll demonstrate how this is so. This is important to understand because self-defeating arguments, philosophies or world views, etc. account for why liberals, as just one example, find it impossible to be truthful about their own views or even opposing views. They must twist and distort facts and truths beyond recognition in order to give their ideology some semblance of credibility. In short, they MUST DECEIVE others if they hope to convert them to their way of thinking. Why do you think liberals have so little problem with lying liberal politicians? Lying is a fact of life in liberalism because liberalism itself is the Great Lie. Again, I'll try to demonstrate how this so within the next few days.

Boxcar