PDA

View Full Version : Another race movie...a comedy!!

joanied
04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118018348.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

What's going on...racing is falling down the tubes, yet we have race movies and the HBO series up & coming...this movie is just starting production...and looks way promising, IMO...after the HBO series, Secretariat, Freak (about Julie K)...making a race comedy is brilliant. Something else to look forward to:jump: :jump:

The lead character played by Sean Austin...you remember him as Samwise in Lord of the Rings, and also as..."Rudy, Rudy, Rudy"

badcompany
04-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Sounds like an old school horse racing movie, like those made in the 1930's & 40s, the heyday of that type of flick. Hopefully, it will do well.

JustRalph
04-27-2010, 03:20 PM
GiGi Rice and Martin Mull I like.

GiGi Rice's dad was the Director of the Ohio State Highway Patrol at one time.

A decent guy.........who plays a mean banjo............and fiddle

There is your Trivia of the day

kenwoodallpromos
04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I thought Stripes and parts of Seabiscuit were hilarious! How many racing movies already out are comedies? I remember Mr. Ed running in or training a horse for a race!

badcompany
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I thought Stripes and parts of Seabiscuit were hilarious! How many racing movies already out are comedies? I remember Mr. Ed running in or training a horse for a race!

When that horseracing movie thread was started, I googled the subject and found this list.

You'll be surprised by the number of them.

http://www.horse-races.net/library/list-movies.htm

wisconsin
04-27-2010, 06:02 PM

I think Ed talked to the horses and was able to give the winners to Wilbur. Wilbur shred these picks with Carol. She bet the school milk money.

In a later episode, Ed saves a groom from being accused of drugging a race horse?

kenwoodallpromos
04-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I think Ed talked to the horses and was able to give the winners to Wilbur. Wilbur shred these picks with Carol. She bet the school milk money.

In a later episode, Ed saves a groom from being accused of drugging a race horse?
I thought I saw Mr. at the track!

cj
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM

The Longshot (Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, Jack Weston) is hilarious.

Hajck Hillstrom
04-27-2010, 08:39 PM
.... that has a working title of "Luck?"

David Milch created it. (Hill Street and NYPD Blues)

joanied
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
.... that has a working title of "Luck?"

David Milch created it. (Hill Street and NYPD Blues)

Nope...go read the story...it's a short read...it'll be a movie. Luck airs in Jan. sometime...it's an HBO pilot for a series.