PDA

View Full Version : WIN MEDIA Prob.

Lefty
07-20-2003, 09:28 PM
A couple weeks ago I had to run my Restore disk on my desktop.
I had to reinstall things like Norton and Win Media Player. Now Player functions perfectly for everything except when I want to watch races thru Ehorse. I get Class Not registered Error. When I click the Help button I get NO MORE HELP FOR THIS ERROR.
Now I used to be able to watch the races just fine. Anybody know what might have happened?
Using Win98SE on an E-machine.

Tom
07-20-2003, 09:55 PM
What version?
I had to go to Ver. 7 with 98SE.

JustRalph
07-20-2003, 10:40 PM
Give me the whole message....if there is more. It is easy to register a class if I know which one....... still looking for ya

It usually means that the application has partially been removed from the registry. I don't know if it is a website or an app. If it is an app, reinstall it.

Lefty
07-21-2003, 02:19 AM
Tom, I had ver 8 then went to latest. Now back to 7something. all get me same msg but only when I try to view races at ehorse.

JR< that's it except for error no. I'll log in tom. at ehorse and get the error no.

JustRalph
07-21-2003, 05:18 AM
I think you need to install a codec pack but I am not so sure yet. If the error number is something like ....80040 that is probably the reason. You need to update your codecs.

Here is the codec download page from MSFT.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx

See if any of these apply to you and install it. Then give it whirl. I found tons of people with the same problem and it seems they all needed a new codec install due to corruption or they were just missing the appropriate codec for the media they were trying to run. Let me know if you get more.

Lefty
07-22-2003, 01:28 PM
JR, thanks for the help. I'm still getting the same thing though: All it says is Class Not Registered.
I didn't have this prob. before i ran the restore diskon this computer. That action solved some probs. but created a couple more. I have ordered an XP Pro disk and will install that when it comes. Can't make things any worse.
Thanks to all.
Tom, while i'm waiting i might try to go with ver 7 if i can find it.