PDA

View Full Version : Free Poker Tourneys...what do you think?

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Full Tilt Poker has approached me and offered to sponsor a free poker tourney to start right after our traditional Kentucky Derby War Room chat (I will make a formal announcement in a little bit...but the chat would be Friday from 9pm to around 1030)...so the poker tourney would start at 1030

It would be free to enter, and the prize pool would be $300 for the players, plus an additional $200 will be donated to an equine charity. I figure, if it's free to enter and $200 is going to an equine charity, why not?

I'd like to get some thoughts here first about the level of interest before I commit to the idea...

Thanks!

johnhannibalsmith
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
If I can make the FullTilt software work and the timing isn't a conflict, I would certainly take the opportunity to bring shame on myself.

Watcher
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Full Tilt Poker has approached me and offered to sponsor a free poker tourney to start right after our traditional Kentucky Derby War Room chat (I will make a formal announcement in a little bit...but the chat would be Friday from 9pm to around 1030)...so the poker tourney would start at 1030

It would be free to enter, and the prize pool would be $300 for the players, plus an additional $200 will be donated to an equine charity. I figure, if it's free to enter and $200 is going to an equine charity, why not?

I'd like to get some thoughts here first about the level of interest before I commit to the idea...

Thanks!
Open to any of us or do we have to do something to get in? Either way, sounds like a fun.

Be nice to chat Derby and then play some cards!

Warren Henry
04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Sounds great. I play often at Full Tilt. Looking forward to it.

Robert Goren
04-26-2010, 06:23 PM
I think I am in. How many people are they expecting?

kenwoodallpromos
04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I am tempted to ask why this thread is on the General Handicapping forum!!!LOL!!
It is up to you so I would say you are right to see what interest there is. I assume you are on top of what advertising may be aligned with it from them or sponsors of theirs, and making sure you can opt out easily later if need be.
Are they going to use Thoroughbred race related cards?

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Well, it is related to the War Room chat, and we will be handicapping the derby in there...so there's your hook Ken....

kenwoodallpromos
04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, it is related to the War Room chat, and we will be handicapping the derby in there...so there's your hook Ken....
I'm glad I was only TEMPTED to ask!LOL!!
No penalty for counting cards, right? :cool:
I certainly hope they put a link to the Paceadvantage website on their .com and/or their .net!

Jay Trotter
04-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm a PokerStars guy but if I can get signed up in time I'll definately be in!

I'll be the guy with a hoodie and sunglasses! :cool:

Bettowin
04-26-2010, 07:46 PM
How many Full Tilt regulars are going to start betting the horses? LOL

Robert Goren
04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm a PokerStars guy but if I can get signed up in time I'll definately be in!

I'll be the guy with a hoodie and sunglasses! :cool:I will be the old guy with "old fart" cap.;)

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2010, 07:55 PM
How many Full Tilt regulars are going to start betting the horses? LOLThere are plenty of poker related websites out there...perhaps the powers that be might start looking to advertise on some of those sites...poker players and horseplayers are of similar mindsets...

Jay Trotter
04-26-2010, 08:03 PM
You've heard of cross-dressers but I'm a cross-gambler! My wife says "you have a problem"! I tell her "I'm just misunderstood"! :cool:

Tell me if I have a problem -- I'm sitting at my "very nice" computer, playing poker on PokerStars; while watching the races from Hollwood and wagering online; while watching the videostream of the LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks (on which I have a very nice bet on my offshore account); enjoying a "frosty beverage!

It could be me but I don't see the problem! Maybe it was the fact I was in my underwear -- I don't know! Women, eh!

Bettowin
04-26-2010, 08:08 PM
There are plenty of poker related websites out there...perhaps the powers that be might start looking to advertise on some of those sites...poker players and horseplayers are of similar mindsets...

I agree. I run into a few horseplayers playing on Pokerstars. I never did have a Full Tilt account and just may open one to get in this tournament:)

Tee
04-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Sounds good to me!!

horses4courses
04-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm a FT poker member - haven't played there much in a while.

Count me in!

Learned Hand35
04-26-2010, 09:48 PM
10:30 What time zone?

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
eastern...but nothing is set in stone yet...

chickenhead
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
I am taking you boys down.....Down to China Town!

Tom
04-26-2010, 10:12 PM
We need to sign up at FTP?
No problem, but might as well do it early and check out the place.

raybo
04-27-2010, 07:07 AM
As long as it's Hold-em I'm in.

Pace Cap'n
04-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Would it be necessary to fund an account at FT?

Stan717
04-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Count me in.

Fwizard
04-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I am in ---I play at pokerstars but will sign up asap if needed.

kid4rilla
04-27-2010, 12:56 PM
im in!

DeltaLover
04-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I will be there

Steve 'StatMan'
04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I think it'll be a lot of fun, but night before the KY Derby, are most of us usually busy handicapping the card?

Would this tournament be legal in the no-online-gamblining-work-around states like IL?

McSock
04-27-2010, 05:39 PM
I have accounts on several poker sites. FT is not a bad place to play. Just say when.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2010, 04:10 AM
You will have to have an account at Full Tilt in order to play in the tourney Friday night.

If you need to open an account, be sure to use the following link:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/?key=MDAwMTI4Q0QwMDAyRkY4NzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDA-

or

enter the referral code:

PACEADVANTAGE

It's easiest to just click on the link above and proceed from there...

Pace Cap'n
04-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Once more, is it necessary to have funds in the account?

csperberg
04-28-2010, 08:08 AM
is there a password yet to register for the tourney?

thaskalos
04-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Count me in! ALL IN!!

LottaKash
04-28-2010, 06:39 PM
I'll play....:jump:

best,

CBedo
04-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Full tilt is super easy to open an account (without depositing) if you want.

I play there all the time, and would be in or sure if I could find the time. My girlfriend has a list of things to do before "our" derby party about a mile long!

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Once more, is it necessary to have funds in the account?Since it's a free tourney, I am 99% sure the answer would be no, it is not necessary.

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2010, 04:01 AM
is there a password yet to register for the tourney?I'm still waiting on that info actually...

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2010, 05:15 AM
OK, I have all the info...the tourney is ready to go (it will start at 10:50pm EDT). $300 prize pool, top 9 finishers win money.

Free to enter.

You must have an account at Full Tilt Poker (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/?key=MDAwMTI4Q0QwMDAyRkY4NzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDA-) in order to play in the tourney.

Please use this link if you need to open an account:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/?key=MDAwMTI4Q0QwMDAyRkY4NzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDA-

You can also use the referral code PACEADVANTAGE when opening an account if you don't use the above link.

Tournament Name: PaceAdvantage.com Derby Freeroll
Date/Time: April 30th, 2010 - 10:50pm EDT
Prize Pool: $300 - Top 9 Win Money
Password: to be revealed during the Derby Chat Friday night...if you want to register early, send me a private message and I'll fill you in with the details.

In order to locate this tournament, click the “Private” tab in the tournament lobby. It’s also possible to locate your tournament by clicking on “Requests” at the top of our client, and then clicking on “Find Tournament By ID”. Your tournament ID is: #156909700

Registration is currently open, so people can register for the tournament starting immediately.

newtothegame
04-29-2010, 05:51 AM
Count me in Pace....!!!

Would be an honor to lose to some of you fine gents and ladies :)

classhandicapper
04-29-2010, 07:09 PM
I'll probably be at the chat and I have a Full Tilt account, but I'm not sure I'll have the energy for a long tournament because I'm going to have a tough day tomorrow.

iwearpurple
04-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I'll play.

Playing in this will prevent me from over handicapping the Derby.

McSock
04-30-2010, 12:28 AM
I am a lot better poker player than handicapper. Well that is if terrible is better thank really terrible:) I will be there should be fun.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 12:42 AM
I'll probably be at the chat and I have a Full Tilt account, but I'm not sure I'll have the energy for a long tournament because I'm going to have a tough day tomorrow.Not sure it will be that long...it's a no-limit holdem tournament, and I doubt there will be a huge field...I'd be happy if we just get 9...that way everyone gets some money...lol

Plus you get the chance to school me at cards! lol

Robert Goren
04-30-2010, 12:43 AM
I am a lot better poker player than handicapper. Well that is if terrible is better thank really terrible:) I will be there should be fun. I am the exact opposite. I bluff way to much.

Energyguide
04-30-2010, 08:28 AM
i think that ita a fantastic idea and im all for it. plus it helps that its for a charity

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Not sure it will be that long...it's a no-limit holdem tournament, and I doubt there will be a huge field...I'd be happy if we just get 9...that way everyone gets some money...lol

Plus you get the chance to school me at cards! lolActually, I need to correct myself...the number of people who cash depends on how many register for the tourney...right now we have 13 registered and it is paying top 3. I'm not exactly sure how many need to play in order for top 9 to get paid...

Red Knave
04-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I am the exact opposite. I bluff way to much.
Are you bluffing when you say that??
;)

Spendabuck85
04-30-2010, 11:40 AM
I just opened an account. If you want to PM me the password I'll register now. Thanks.

Red Knave
04-30-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm not exactly sure how many need to play in order for top 9 to get paid...Probably 100. It's probably laid out in their rules somewhere.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I just opened an account. If you want to PM me the password I'll register now. Thanks.Info sent.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
BTW, I emailed a bunch of people the password early this morning...if you have logged into the board anytime within the last month or so, you got this email...

Buddha
04-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I was slow to find this, but I think it is a great idea, and have already registered..Now if I can just not forget about it ;)

I love the idea that they approached you for it. Just shows that they are trying to get their name out there to marketable areas, and I feel that a horse forum is a great place. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of similarities/crosses between the two arenas.

Usually they pay the top 10% or so, so it may require 100 to pay 9. (or 73 according to a site I jsut found) http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tourPayout9Hand.php

As for the poker thing, if there are many players here, and an interest, I could create like a weekly poker tourney on Pokerstars. I have the ability to create private tournaments there. Maybe that is something we can think about later. Could be as cheap as $1.00+.10 or go up from there, and I am sure that people that have trouble funding we could get them money. There are plenty of prepaid VISAs that work now. Since most banks have complied with the UIGEA, it is tougher to use most CCs to fund accounts.

Spendabuck85
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Just opened up an account on FullTilt and am registered.
I have a Pokerstars account and would be interested in a weekly private tournament. I have not had any issues with deposits or withdrawals from a checking account I use with them.
One note, PSTARS does request a SS# on deposits/withdrawals although they do not validate it. I gave them a false one to use and I have never had any issues.

Watcher
04-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Considering Full Tilt Poker is paying $500 for us to have a tournament, with $200 of that going to an equine charity... why would you not show some support and have any future tournaments there, instead of suggesting you go to their competitor?

Deepsix
04-30-2010, 03:30 PM
A question for you "Chat" participants..... just moments ago as I attempted to access the Chat and I get a basic BLANK screen. Is the Chat only open during special events/hours (like this evening) and other times it closed??? OR, do I need to download some 'flash' software to make it function?

Thanks.

Deepsix
04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Ah Ha... Active X required. Disregard.

ChicagoPoker20
04-30-2010, 05:12 PM
great :) good luck :jump:

Buddha
04-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Considering Full Tilt Poker is paying $500 for us to have a tournament, with $200 of that going to an equine charity... why would you not show some support and have any future tournaments there, instead of suggesting you go to their competitor?

Mine was just a suggestion because others mentioned they play there, and I have the ability to create private ones there. If someone else has the ability on FT, by all means, try to set one up.

Watcher
04-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Mine was just a suggestion because others mentioned they play there, and I have the ability to create private ones there. If someone else has the ability on FT, by all means, try to set one up.
No problem. I assume whomever setup this tournament could do so again?

But I like your idea, I think it'd be cool to have a regular one each week or two.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Full Tilt mentioned that they would be quite willing to host a number of money-added freerolls for PaceAdvantage folks...

raybo
04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I went to FullTiltPoker.net, entered the tournament ID in "Requests" and got a message that the tournament could not be found.

Anyone else having this problem?

Couldn't even find a "Private" tab in the lobby.(?)

Spendabuck85
04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
I went to FullTiltPoker.net, entered the tournament ID in "Requests" and got a message that the tournament could not be found.

You may have to go to .com instead of .net as this is under Real Money Tournaments.

Brogan
04-30-2010, 07:50 PM

Try changing to the "Real Money" section...that's where I found it.

raybo
04-30-2010, 08:11 PM
You may have to go to .com instead of .net as this is under Real Money Tournaments.

.com worked, had to download the software again, but, was able to use my longtime name and password. I played on .com a couple of years previous to the ".net" introduction. Now they have both again, weird.

Anyway, I'm "Bluzdude", on Full Tilt, look forward to seeing everyone there.

Pace Cap'n
04-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Paying 6 places right now...

iwearpurple
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM

I had the same problem. Help from Full Tilt was worthless. Took them 4 hours to respond and by that time I had figured the problem out, and there response would not have helped.

Anyway. Good luck to all

For those that care on FTP I am Schmedly49.

See you in about an hour.

Buddha
04-30-2010, 10:45 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~buddha61/ftpfreeroll.htm

for any last minute people having trouble registering.

Watcher
04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Someone shouldn't have given out the password in the FTP chat. A bunch of non-PA guys are now in the tournament.

Spendabuck85
04-30-2010, 11:04 PM
You guys shouldn't have given out the password in the FTP chat. A bunch of non-PA guys are now in the tournament.

EXACTLY!!!

Watcher
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
For the next tournament, just ask Full Tilt to turn off the late registration and this problem won't occur.

InsideThePylons-MW
04-30-2010, 11:11 PM
EXACTLY!!!

Amazing they did that.

Why have a password if someone is going to let every broke railbird into the private PA tourney?

Now I know how email spammers get people to give them their banking info and passwords.

my_nameaintearl
04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
this guy jaun has 2 accounts at the table

chickenhead
04-30-2010, 11:23 PM
not many PA guys at my tables. I flamed out quickly anyway, I need to play poker for a few weeks to build up my threshold for folding without getting bored.

Great idea, anyway. Hope we do more of them.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah, we went from 80 or 90, to 150 pretty quickly...someone was giving out the PW...

I will definitely tell them to turn off late registration for the next one...

InsideThePylons-MW
04-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, we went from 80 or 90, to 150 pretty quickly...someone was giving out the PW...

60 PA members from Russia and South America registered late after they were given the password in chat.

InsideThePylons-MW
04-30-2010, 11:34 PM

And make it clear not to give out password in chat to anyone as they still have a couple of minutes to chat while players are seated before it starts.

Spendabuck85
04-30-2010, 11:37 PM
And make it clear not to give out password in chat to anyone as they still have a couple of minutes to chat while players are seated before it starts.

JIMATTLE take note:

From chat:
rodygol (Observer): Friends what is the pass?
Varebuh (Observer): pass please
Dealer: minniemouse1 has 15 seconds left to act
jimattle: barbaro

Robert Goren
04-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Live and Learn

aka Harry Orwell

Tread
04-30-2010, 11:51 PM
The solution to this is to make sure there is no late registration allowed. This will keep the spammers away.

horses4courses
04-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah....there were more ringers than PA members

JustRalph
04-30-2010, 11:57 PM
I only recognized one name

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 12:00 AM
First 5min break is about over...58 left, and I'm in 39th place...

Late registration is only part of the problem. People blabbing the PW is the other..and people registering HERE just to get the PW must be another problem, if there are indeed vultures out there just waiting to pounce on freerolls.

MakinItHappen
05-01-2010, 12:01 AM
but one lesson learned.... beware of the password beggars...

had 3 different names at my first table asking for the password... bit of a scam these folks got going...

live and learn... lol.. still a lot of fun!

Best of Luck To All those still alive and MORE IMPORTANTLY... best of luck tomorrow!!

MakinItHappen

McSock
05-01-2010, 12:04 AM
I have someone from Russia and one from Argentina at my table. Some racing in Argentina (some really good horses) BUT Russia??
Are there any board members from Russia??

Once one of the trolls has the PW, we will be run over by them.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Live and Learn

aka Harry OrwellI'm coming up on your six Harry...

horses4courses
05-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Thanks for organizing that PA.

Hopefully, we get another crack sometime without the freeroll fleas! :lol:

I got a big kick out of asking all the ringers who won the Oaks today (greeted with silence), and then abused them all for over an hour for being poker scum leeches!!! :D

Good luck to all in the Derby tomorrow!

horses4courses
05-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Shame you cant have a racing quiz before starting play on the final table.....

Tee
05-01-2010, 12:23 AM
In my case, that wouldn't prove much!! :)

Shame you cant have a racing quiz before starting play on the final table.....

McSock
05-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Next break require everyone left to post on PA in a thread.

McSock
05-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Really it does not matter. It is fun and real PA people will brag online later :) Just adds something to a very special weekend. Thanks for doing to PA.

Tee
05-01-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm just gonna let the blinds & antes finish me off. :D

McSock
05-01-2010, 12:39 AM
I only recognized one name
All but one of my online poker acct. use the same screen name that I use here.
I was next to you...sort of picking on your short stack :)

Spendabuck85
05-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Out in 27th, it was fun despite the uninvited. Three hours past my bedtime.
Thanks PA for doing this.:)

thaskalos
05-01-2010, 12:57 AM
PA, are you PaceAce in the tourney?

thaskalos
05-01-2010, 12:59 AM
I never would have thought that we have so many Russian speaking members...

McSock
05-01-2010, 01:02 AM
If I would have been thinking earlier before pissing away a big stack, I would have been dumping chips to the 100% proven PA members. Let the trolls try and beat that :)

JustRalph
05-01-2010, 01:07 AM
If I would have been thinking earlier before pissing away a big stack, I would have been dumping chips to the 100% proven PA members. Let the trolls try and beat that :)

were you on that table early? For some reason I think I got swindled. There was a guy playing who we both ran up to about 4k in chips and then every single person started folding to this guy no matter what he bet. They pushed him way up.........then he started throwing it around hard. About 4 get knocked out by him.

Then a female avatar signs in and they do the same thing to her until she nails me for 5k by getting a flush draw on the river while I am holding kings.

I am not the greatest poker player, but I think I got rolled ............

McSock
05-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Ya, they have it down. A lot of team play for chump change. Still having fun, just pulled a blind steal on PA. Made my night :)

Robert Goren
05-01-2010, 01:16 AM
McSock got me

McSock
05-01-2010, 01:21 AM
I was just flipping channels on TV ESPNC reruns of old KD races, with the TV color comments. Near perfect. Playing poker with horse playes ( some atleast) and watching Seattle Slew rerun the derby. Next one is the 1978 derby then the 1986.

McSock
05-01-2010, 01:22 AM
McSock got me
Just ran into a big hand. Not my expert play LOL :lol: :D

Tee
05-01-2010, 01:33 AM
16th not bad considering how bad I played.

McSock
05-01-2010, 01:34 AM
I am out, but really did have a good time.

Thanks again PA

iwearpurple
05-01-2010, 01:50 AM
I just finished in 14th place after playing almost 3 hours against a bunch of foreign players who don't know Pace Advantage from a soccer ball. No disrespect to anyone who plays soccer, but I doubt if there are many members on Pace Advantage from Israel, Turkey, Romania, Brazil, Venezuela, Russia, Italy, and Chile to name a few. For this I get $3.75.

All because someone gave out the PA password while the lurkers looking for a free ride in the first 10 minutes were given the password they were begging for.

No one on my original table gave out the password. but it is clear that someone did.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I just got knocked out in 5th place...those clowns were so obviously passing chips back and forth at the final table, and I assume from JR's post, elsewhere as well.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 02:27 AM
PA, are you PaceAce in the tourney?That was me...killer screen name, don't you think? :lol:

iwearpurple
05-01-2010, 02:56 AM
And this is why I will not play poker online for real money.

There is no way you can control people playing together and teaming up against another player. They are using various tricks that would make it impossible for Doyle Brunson to beat them.

Deepsix
05-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Tourney Debrief: Early eve I thought it a good idea to take a little nap before the games began... I suddenly awoke some time past 11pm and rushed to the computer and logged on to FullTilt expecting to find that I had been dropped for arriving much too late. To my surprise I was taken directly to the tourney room and discovered that I was in the midst of a hand (my balance was ~$1300) and it was my turn to call/fold. Still half asleep, and not wanting to miss out on another hand I made the call and immediately lost $300+.

Next hand I was Big Blind so I drew a couple cards while I tried to get my bearings.... lost that hand and a few $ hundred more. Next hand was immediately dealt and I had so few chips that I went all-in with a Ace/7 and drew no help and lost.

Must have taken about 4-5 minutes from my wake-up to elimination from tourney. Ha! I have no idea what our initial 'bank' was, nor the blinds/ min. bets??? Geeez. I went back to bed. lol

I'll look forward to the next tourney. Thanks Pace and FT.

depalma113
05-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Next to something like this is done, make sure that Full Tilt turns off any outside chat. People with no association to the site begging for the password, had the tourney double after the start.

iwearpurple
05-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Tourney Debrief: Early eve I thought it a good idea to take a little nap before the games began... I suddenly awoke some time past 11pm and rushed to the computer and logged on to FullTilt expecting to find that I had been dropped for arriving much too late. To my surprise I was taken directly to the tourney room and discovered that I was in the midst of a hand (my balance was ~$1300) and it was my turn to call/fold. Still half asleep, and not wanting to miss out on another hand I made the call and immediately lost $300+.

Next hand I was Big Blind so I drew a couple cards while I tried to get my bearings.... lost that hand and a few $ hundred more. Next hand was immediately dealt and I had so few chips that I went all-in with a Ace/7 and drew no help and lost.

Must have taken about 4-5 minutes from my wake-up to elimination from tourney. Ha! I have no idea what our initial 'bank' was, nor the blinds/ min. bets??? Geeez. I went back to bed. lol

I'll look forward to the next tourney. Thanks Pace and FT.

Once you are entered in a tourney, you will play whether or not you are present. You will put in your blinds at your turn, and fold every hand since you cannot play. You actually would win a hand if you are in the big blind and everyone else would fold.

You started with 1500 chips.

Jay Trotter
05-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Great event PA!

I was out in 45th with pocket Queens!

I would say about 60 people were Password Hounds which kind of sucked cuz they were the ones with attitude!

Other than that, it was great and I would participate every chance I have!

Thanks,

Trotter:ThmbUp:
aka. jcbear12

Brogan
05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
That was like the first breeze out of the gate.

Just need to tinker with the equipment a bit and things will be better.

I enjoyed the game (even though it was too brief!...getting beat on two "all ins" will do that to ya).

Did anyone else have trouble getting into the chat before the poker tourney? The chat room wouldn't load for me.

Spendabuck85
05-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Congrats to PaceAce on his 5th place finish, maybe we need a bounty on the boss next time.
Would be interested in having FullTilt screenames posted prior to next Tourney since some PA members have different screenames between FullTilt and PA. Would be fun knowing who I was in with.
Great event despite the password beggars

McSock
05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
As sad as it maybe, we might need to forget the "Free" poker and have like a Private $5.00 entry or something. Would stop most of the trolls.

iwearpurple
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
As sad as it maybe, we might need to forget the "Free" poker and have like a Private $5.00 entry or something. Would stop most of the trolls.

The best solution is to not allow any late registration.

Buddha
05-01-2010, 03:14 PM
60 PA members from Russia and South America registered late after they were given the password in chat.

I know there are some websites that 'give' freeroll passwords out, so that is another possibility if someone else got it, that it was given out, and then others found it as well.

I'm not sure if they can turn it off or not. I know that it is part of their software to allow it.

Robert Goren
05-01-2010, 03:27 PM
As sad as it maybe, we might need to forget the "Free" poker and have like a Private $5.00 entry or something. Would stop most of the trolls. It would also stop some PA members who are not online poker players.