PDA

View Full Version : Rule...out...Jackson Bend in

joanied
04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Read this on the Bloodhorse site...they gave no reason for Rule being declared out, but he might go in the Preakness. I saw his last work the other day, and it looked to me like he might be a bit lame...his head bobs were funny...2 ort 3 normal bobs, then his head would take a low bob down...looked strange to me.
Anyway...that leaves a spot open for Jackson Bend.

OFFandRUNNING10
04-26-2010, 10:36 AM
They ruled him out because they were not happy with his progression at Churchill (per DRF)

point given
04-26-2010, 10:42 AM
They worked Rule and Mission Impazible together with MI the target on the rail to see if Rule would rate and go by. He couldn't pass him and MI drew off from him

W2G
04-26-2010, 10:44 AM
It would have been a crime had Jackson Bend been shut out. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't hit the board and he looks like a win bet for me as well. Mike Smith and Zito, familiar faces in the winner's circle perhaps.

joanied
04-26-2010, 06:09 PM
It would have been a crime had Jackson Bend been shut out. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't hit the board and he looks like a win bet for me as well. Mike Smith and Zito, familiar faces in the winner's circle perhaps.

I agree. He has a much better shot that Rule did anyway.

GaryG
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM
I am sorry to see Rule out....he would have added to the pace with no shot at winning.

OFFandRUNNING10
04-26-2010, 08:35 PM
I am sorry to see Rule out....he would have added to the pace with no shot at winning.

I agree Gary... He was a good toss for me.

I have not studied much on Jackson Bend yet...however I have not been quite as impressed as others with him from my early looks. At this time he is still in consideration for me.

sandpit
04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Read this on the Bloodhorse site...they gave no reason for Rule being declared out, but he might go in the Preakness. I saw his last work the other day, and it looked to me like he might be a bit lame...his head bobs were funny...2 ort 3 normal bobs, then his head would take a low bob down...looked strange to me.
Anyway...that leaves a spot open for Jackson Bend.

Joanie: Good eye, I was at the track Sunday morning and watched him jog by, and he looked all out of sorts to me. At first I thought it was the slop, but I guess it's something more. I wish all these horses I thought were tossouts would quit scratching! They keep getting replaced with ones I think have a shot.

WinterTriangle
04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
JB a game horse, with distance limitations like most of the field seems to have LOL maybe it will be zito's "other" runner-----I play that angle a lot and do well. Did it at los al last night on the quarters and it worked with a jones runner.