PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happens next Saturday TwinSpires

JustRalph
04-25-2010, 11:31 PM
I have been noticing that this last week Twinspires has been having problems........server type problems. I have a great Internet Connection and have determined that it is not my end.........having problems.

So, I fear that on Derby Day........things are going to be off the Scale bad. I will be getting my bets and deposits in early etc.........

They seemed to be doing ok for a few years and now this crap is popping up again........ what has changed ? The buyout ? Anybody know?

slew101
04-26-2010, 12:45 AM
They were terrible in 2008, when the system went down on Derby Day. They chalked that up to first-year problems with their system. Since then, I haven't had any problems on big days except choppy video a few times.

In 2008, I had to drive to the OTB to get my bet in when the online and phone options were not working.

Fwizard
04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Youbet also had problems on Saturday ---the tote went down several times during the afternoon.. the only redeeming thing was that I was shut out of 4 losers...."ya didn't win but at least I didn't lose."..

miesque
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
2008 was bad for Twinspires but I don't recall any issues last year at least for myself. The good news now is that Twinspires has the cancel wager feature and so you could at least in theory protect yourself by betting early just in case and if you find you want to make somes changes to your wagers you can do so (assuming the system is still working like it should). Not optimal if shit hits the fan, but better than being shut out.

ArlJim78
04-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I've seen a lot of flaky stuff happening on Twinspires this past week, connection dropping and other errors I've never seen before.

since I live close to an OTB, on Derby day I make all my main wagers early on in the morning at the OTB, so that come what may later on in the day, I've got action. then I just use TS for spot plays, backup bets, etc.

garyoz
04-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Learned this the hardway. Don't rely on internet betting for Derby or Breeders Cup Day. Need to go to a track or OTB. I bet early and go home and watch them. They aren't normal days of racing, but you do get inefficient betting pools.