PDA

View Full Version : BO Champion

Suff
07-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Did I hear the announcer correctly on ABC.

An English Bookmaker is Reporting that ONE individual had $1000 to win (5 times). At 500-1.

Swore I heard that I was watching Golf, Listening to music, watching races, Handicapping, and Making lunch.

penguinfan
07-20-2003, 02:25 PM
I think he said an offshore outfit got hit with that bet, not a local betting parlor. Maybe I was not paying attention either though....

Penguinfan

Suff
07-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by penguinfan
offshore outfit
Penguinfan

Now they're so far offshore they've sunk.

penguinfan
07-20-2003, 02:35 PM
If you hear of a place closing up and dissapearing with everyones money like Ace's gold did a while back then I think this mystery will be solved.

Penguinfan

SAL
07-20-2003, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't have bet on that guy if you gave me 5000 to 1

JustRalph
07-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Just another Ohio State Buckeye Champion out there shaking up the world. He was a Big Ten champ I believe in Golf. He had his best finish in the tournament last week. This is the same Golf program that produced Jack Nicklaus and John Cook. But I agree that I would have never bet on him.

penguinfan
07-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SAL
I wouldn't have bet on that guy if you gave me 5000 to 1

Your right, sad thing is the entire sports world is full of one-hit wonders the last few years, and I am real sick of it. I would go into detail but all this would turn into is a flame thread from fans of those teams who in their own little world actually believe their team was the best that year. One of these years in one sport or another the best team will finally win a championship and my pocket aces will stop losing to a runner-runner 6 high straight:rolleyes:

Penguinfan

gino
07-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Swore I heard that I was watching Golf, Listening to music, watching races, Handicapping, and Making lunch.

Suffrage-
you're like the gang at Cheers all rolled into one guy...
gino
but when do he bet?

JustRalph
07-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by gino
Suffrage-
you're like the gang at Cheers all rolled into one guy...
gino
but when do he bet?

When he is on a good one, I bet the whole friggin world stops for the betting!