PDA

View Full Version : NOW there is NO reason for Blind Luck not to run in the Derby

KinkyFriedman
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Unless her owner and trainer are ballless, gutless cowards, she should be in the Derby. She was the best 3-year-old in the country before Eskendereya bowed out of the Derby. She still is.

Grow a pair and enter her where she belongs!

Sekrah
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Um, She ain't even the best 3 year old filly in the country, let alone 3 year old.

Fager Fan
04-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Um, She ain't even the best 3 year old filly in the country, let alone 3 year old.

I certainly think she's the best 3yo filly in the country.

Audioslavery
04-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I certainly think she's the best 3yo filly in the country.

As do I!

I think she'll race in one of the triple crown races most definitely.

KinkyFriedman
04-25-2010, 10:58 AM

Then your opinion can be tossed from now on, as you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about :).

FenceBored
04-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Then your opinion can be tossed from now on, as you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about :).

I'm still trying to figure out how you "grow a pair" on a filly. :)

KinkyFriedman
04-25-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how you "grow a pair" on a filly. :)

LOL...I DID refer to the owner and trainer. Unless they're cowards, they run her in the Derby, now.

cj
04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
It is hard for me to imagine a filly with her running style winning the Kentucky Derby. There will be no easy trip from the back.

Audioslavery
04-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't like Filly's in the Derby honestly, too much bumping and traffic typically for me to feel comfortable, although there is no better spectacle than a filly rolling on 15-19 three y/o colts.

This horse could've beaten Eskendereya and the field, but Lookin at Lucky would likely edge her.

alytim
04-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Unless her owner and trainer are ballless, gutless cowards, she should be in the Derby. She was the best 3-year-old in the country before Eskendereya bowed out of the Derby. She still is.

Just so I'll better understand. What has she done that clearly makes her the best 3yo in the country.

joanied
04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
It is hard for me to imagine a filly with her running style winning the Kentucky Derby. There will be no easy trip from the back.

I have to agree with that...she's a monster, no doubt, and with her running style she might be able to stay clear...but the odds of that are, well, 20-1...
they have already said no way to the Derby anyway...but I beleive you are right, cj.
IMO, though...Pletcher runs his filly in there, she has as much of a shot as Esky did, IMO.

Igeteven
04-25-2010, 10:15 PM

You are right on, I think the committee is on a point system to run in the derby

Hedevar
05-01-2010, 07:48 AM

Do you thinK Hollendorfer may know more than you?

depalma113
05-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Do you thinK Hollendorfer may know more than you?

Why would you post that? He got lucky she won that race. She fit better in the Derby and would have been making that same move into a faster pace with a weight break at a longer distance.

On a dry track, she would have romped in the Derby.

The only reason he won't be second guessing himself is that the track has come up wet today.

Hedevar
05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Why would you post that? He got lucky she won that race. She fit better in the Derby and would have been making that same move into a faster pace with a weight break at a longer distance.

The only reason he won't be second guessing himself is that the track has come up wet today.

She would'nt have come close in the Derby and her connections knew it.

Hedevar
05-01-2010, 11:28 AM

Not with a Beyer of 94.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Not with a Beyer of 94.But these days, slow is the new fast.

dylbert
05-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Blind Luck's owner can give you 300,000 reasons to not run in Derby today...

kenwoodall2
05-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I lost my password so had to register with my kenwoodallpromos@comcast.net email address!
Congrats to Blind Luck supporterrs!
I just heard record Oaks crowd. I was thinking- crowds are stong for cards with feature races involving 2 and 3 year olds, so why not eliminate "OLDER" from racing vobaulary? Many times 4 and ups are still fillies and colts, so why say or print "OLDer"? What word can be subsituted?

depalma113
05-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Not with a Beyer of 94.

What makes you believe the colts are going to run faster than that number?

Hedevar
05-02-2010, 12:20 PM
No reason to speculate. The winning Beyer in the Derby was 104. nuff said.

Hedevar
05-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Should we expect her in the Preakness?

Robert Fischer
05-02-2010, 04:06 PM
No reason to speculate. The winning Beyer in the Derby was 104. nuff said.

LOL

Audioslavery
05-02-2010, 07:25 PM
104 for Blind Luck in the fantasy, I think Super Saver is a stain on the back of her stall compared to her. Ice Box could probably beat her on a good day, but during dry conditions the Preakness could be entirely different than the Derby.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I think Super Saver is a stain on the back of her stall compared to her.That's quite the exaggeration. Blind Luck's Fantasy number is only a tad faster than Super Saver's Tampa Bay Derby fig...Her Fantasy number was more than a tad faster than his Ark Derby number...

BUT, the fact that she clearly could not duplicate that number in the Ky. Oaks might want to make you change that "stain" comment, because all of her prior numbers on synthetics are nothing to write home about.

Audioslavery
05-02-2010, 08:18 PM
You probably could have put 4 or 5 different horses through the Borrell Derby trip and they would have won just as easily. Ice Box ran a bigger race than anyone in the Derby.

Put Blind Luck 4 wide in the Preakness and she can definitely beat the field.

Hedevar
05-03-2010, 05:37 AM
104 for Blind Luck in the fantasy, I think Super Saver is a stain on the back of her stall compared to her. Ice Box could probably beat her on a good day, but during dry conditions the Preakness could be entirely different than the Derby.

You're writing about what might be and Super Saver's name is in the record book. Super Saver is going to the Preakness. You don't know if Blind Luck is going to the Black Eyed Susan, the Preakness or staying home. Let Hollendorfer decide and stop talking fantasy.

Hedevar
05-10-2010, 01:00 PM
You probably could have put 4 or 5 different horses through the Borrell Derby trip and they would have won just as easily. Ice Box ran a bigger race than anyone in the Derby.

Put Blind Luck 4 wide in the Preakness and she can definitely beat the field.

Blind Luck is not entered in the Black-Eyed Susan, nor is she a probable for the Preakness. Hollendorfer will not run her in the Belmont.

I hope we can put that stain on Blind Luck's stall wall away for good because it was absolutely ridiculous.