PDA

View Full Version : Triple Crown winner????

Igeteven
04-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Does anyone of the horses running in the Derby, have a remote chance to win the crown?

If so, please name the horse.

PaceAdvantage
04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Does anyone of the horses running in the Derby, have a remote chance to win the crown?

If so, please name the horse.I know this..only one will have a chance after the Derby is over...makes the discussion much simpler then...

joanied
04-24-2010, 09:08 PM
As of right now...we have 20 horses that have a shot:faint:

dccprez
04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
ALL of the horses that run in the Derby have a "remote" chance.
After the Derby is run; ONE of them.

Igeteven
04-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I know this..only one will have a chance after the Derby is over...makes the discussion much simpler then...

As usual, right on the mark :)

Market Mover
04-24-2010, 11:41 PM

If so, please name the horse.

Lookin at Lucky. He's battle-tested. His connections have been down the road before. Those MP silks have come a nose shy. They're going to give it their best shot, do it like it's 1998...

kenwoodallpromos
04-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Remote- Sidney's Candy, Esk, Dean's Kitten. Endorsement. They seem to run decent quarters and do not have much traffic trouble, improving. IMHO.

Dahoss9698
04-24-2010, 11:49 PM
If Dean's Kitten or Endorsement wins the triple crown then we can safely say the world as we know it will be ending on June 5th.

Market Mover
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
If Dean's Kitten or Endorsement wins the triple crown then we can safely say the world as we know it will be ending on June 5th.

Dean's Kitten and Triple Crown should never be used in the same sentence. Are we for real here Sarah and Kenneth Ramsey? I know you have Derby be fever and you like to snatch up all those Kitten's Joy (a good turf horse, but not a great one..), but come on, let's get real here...This synth/turf mediocrity will be a thing of the past come this summer...He fits better in CNL's Virginia Derby...than the KY Derby...

And what's all this talk about Endorsement winning the Crown? He ran past a tiring Conveyance who obviously did not fire at that altitude. A non-2-year-old star winning the TC...are we seriously contemplating this?

redshift1
04-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Beyond the big three (LL, Esky and SC) Its hard to imagine a scenario where any of the other horses could win the triple crown as they all have shown vulnerability.

Hanover1
04-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Given the current training trends, combined with the stature of the breed itself, we may see yet another 2 out of 3 at best. A TC winner may not happen again for years, if ever.......

redshift1
04-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Given the current training trends, combined with the stature of the breed itself, we may see yet another 2 out of 3 at best. A TC winner may not happen again for years, if ever.......

Probably when we least expect it.

cj's dad
04-25-2010, 08:31 AM
From 1997 to 2009, a span of 13 years, SEVEN (7) went to post at Belmont Park with a chance to win the Triple Crown:

1997- Silver Charm
1998- Real Quiet
1999- Charismatic
2002- War Emblem
2003- Funny Cide
2004- Smarty Jones
2008- Big Brown

None of these went on to accomplish much and I don't remember, with the exception of Big Brown, any great expectations prior to the KD.

Not much worth discussing until about 6:45 PM Saturday May 1st

Sekrah
04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
From 1997 to 2009, a span of 13 years, SEVEN (7) went to post at Belmont Park with a chance to win the Triple Crown:

1997- Silver Charm
1998- Real Quiet
1999- Charismatic
2002- War Emblem
2003- Funny Cide
2004- Smarty Jones
2008- Big Brown

None of these went on to accomplish much and I don't remember, with the exception of Big Brown, any great expectations prior to the KD.

Eh? Silver Charm went on to race into his 5-year old season, accumulated 7 additional graded Stakes wins, including the G1 Dubai World Cup. Real Quiet won the Hollywood Gold Cup and Pimlico Special as a 4 year old before being sent to the retirement shed. This was around the time they began shipping the colts to the stud farms at 3 and 4 year old because their resume and profile were maxed out and they didn't want to get them hurt.

Charismatic was hurt in the Belmont and retired. War Emblem and Smarty Jones were sent off to the sheds early.

As far as can a horse win the Triple Crown this year? I think yes, I think these are the types of years it can be done because there's alot of horses sitting on big efforts. They didn't shoot their wads yet like Esky did.

ghostyapper
04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I wasn't a fan of his but even big brown won both his races (dirt and turf) after the belmont so he did accomplish something.

Funny Cide had a pretty good 4yo season, including a win in the G1 jcgc

kenwoodallpromos
04-25-2010, 02:57 PM

When I read "remote" I guess what was meant was less remote than I was thinkling!! My humble apoligies if DK or Endorsement does not win the TC! Heck, I will even apoligize May 2nd if one of them does not come close to winning the Ky Derby!! :blush: