PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Downs

lamboguy
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
i guess that Churchill has figured out how to keep their handle up. all they have to do is keep taking show bets on 4 horse fields like they just did in the 2nd race and they don't have to worry about tracknet rebates to keep the handle up, just keep the show pool open and they won't have toworry about handle, the handle will probably go up!

Tread
04-24-2010, 01:25 PM
But...but....but...but...

I thought SYNTHETICS were the cause of smaller field sizes????????

lamboguy
04-24-2010, 02:00 PM
But...but....but...but...

I thought SYNTHETICS were the cause of smaller field sizes????????sometimes synthetic can actually help field sizes because alot of horse have bad ankles and synthetic is more kinder to those types. you get big sized fields on cheaper synthetic surfaces. synthetic is what the doctor ordered for cheaper horses. not many good ones will risk soft tissue injuries on synthetic.

parlay
04-24-2010, 09:22 PM
sometimes synthetic can actually help field sizes because alot of horse have bad ankles and synthetic is more kinder to those types. you get big sized fields on cheaper synthetic surfaces. synthetic is what the doctor ordered for cheaper horses. not many good ones will risk soft tissue injuries on synthetic.

Probably the racing secretary is more concered with filling the
Oaks and Derby cards

sandpit
04-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Probably the racing secretary is more concered with filling the
Oaks and Derby cards

The easiest cards at Churchill to fill on an annual basis are: Oaks Day,Derby Day, and closing day of the fall meet. Oaks and Derby days, half the card are stakes; it's the stakes coordinator that makes sure these are full, not necessarily the racing secretary...all he has to do on those day is write 6 or so other races to fill, far less than on a normal day. Closing day of the fall meet, everyone wants to run. They always have in the past, and probably always will in the future.

salty
04-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I don't know. I don;t really mind the short fields in the slop. I got the second exacta and that made my day. you don;t have to worry about troubled trips and can really see what a horse can do with more room to make a move. I mean really that second race exacta paid 35.00 and i had all the confidence in the world playing it because only so much could go wrong. I feel like my horses always get stuck in bad placings with a large group of horses to circle with any hope at the wire. just my opinion on it. overall i realized that calvin borel is by far the best jockey to depend on at churchill 5 wins today

Tread
04-25-2010, 02:02 PM
WOW stellar fields again on Sunday. You guys were right about synthetics! Now that those crappy KEE and TP synth meets are over, they are just LINING UP to fill dirt races at Churchill. You haters have definitely convinced me!