PDA

View Full Version : Summer Racing from Yonkers Show (1992-1995)

jeebus1083
04-24-2010, 10:31 AM
I've seen a few clips on YouTube from this series, but can never find a complete airing posted. Sportschannel New York (now MSG+) aired the series from 1992-1995. It was on every Saturday night from late June through mid-September, culminating with the New York Night of Champions card.

The hosts were Gary Sussman and Frank Drucker (Yonkers PR director), with Matt Loughlin (former Mets on-field reporter in the late 90s) doing the paddock interviews. I remember it being a great presentation with some memorable interview segments.

There were some damn good harness races and horses from that series. My favorite season was 1993, as you had horses like Silver Almahurst, Presidential Ball, Life Sign, Riyadh, American Winner, Pine Chip and S Js Photo running in several important races.

Does anyone have any of the tapes from the Summer series that they'd either be willing to part with, or upload to YouTube?

pandy
04-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I did that show a number of times, it was very well done and had a good following, and was broadcast live. I wonder if Gary is still the Nets announcer? Frank is the publicity director at Yonkers. I don't have any tapes.

botster
04-25-2010, 06:05 AM
I've seen a few clips on YouTube from this series, but can never find a complete airing posted. Sportschannel New York (now MSG+) aired the series from 1992-1995. It was on every Saturday night from late June through mid-September, culminating with the New York Night of Champions card.

The hosts were Gary Sussman and Frank Drucker (Yonkers PR director), with Matt Loughlin (former Mets on-field reporter in the late 90s) doing the paddock interviews. I remember it being a great presentation with some memorable interview segments.

There were some damn good harness races and horses from that series. My favorite season was 1993, as you had horses like Silver Almahurst, Presidential Ball, Life Sign, Riyadh, American Winner, Pine Chip and S Js Photo running in several important races.

Does anyone have any of the tapes from the Summer series that they'd either be willing to part with, or upload to YouTube?

I will try to post more in the near future on youtube.I have a handful of these broadcasts and am currently transfering them to DVD.To upload them in their entirety will take some time, so Just the more interesting segments may be uploaded.

jeebus1083
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I will try to post more in the near future on youtube.I have a handful of these broadcasts and am currently transfering them to DVD.To upload them in their entirety will take some time, so Just the more interesting segments may be uploaded.

Hey botster... if I throw you some money, could you rip me some DVDs of that series? PM me for details.