PDA

View Full Version : John Campell vs Mike Lachance

only11
04-24-2010, 08:36 AM
You have THE HORSE who drives it?...

Mike Lachance might be the better all around driver 1/2 mile and mile track..

botster
04-24-2010, 10:19 AM
You have THE HORSE who drives it?...

Mike Lachance might be the better all around driver 1/2 mile and mile track..

This is a tough one depending on the era...Presently I have to go with Campbell, no doubt.So, with this being said J.C I believe has proven himself the more talented driver overall.

Now Lachance I believe has more talent as a horseman and I would take much more interest and concern when he advises me of something wrong with my horse after he has just driven him or her.Mike is one of the best overall horseman I have ever come in contact with, and is one of the last few in a dying breed.

Half mile driving really doesn't prove much when rating a drivers ability IMHO.Both drivers have excelled here and Lachance may be percieved to be better, only because of his decision to drive many years at Yonkers and Roosevelt and dominate back in the eightees.

Lachance has lost a step or two over the last number of years in the driving department,or so, and that is a big factor.Campbell has lost very little IMO and would get the drive when the chips are down next Saturday.

InsideThePylons-MW
04-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Today?

Soup

Trotman
04-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Either or there both two of the best Canada produced :ThmbUp:

badcompany
04-25-2010, 12:55 AM
No contest. While Campbell is certainly a Hall of Famer, he's not in Lachance's league as a big race driver.

FsDMidDLm90

badcompany
04-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Has Campbell ever won a big race at such a big price?

3Ac6ENzaMwU