PDA

View Full Version : system is not sustainable

acorn54
04-23-2010, 10:56 PM
i was thinking that the system we have is not sustainable
we have about two thirds of the population both working and non-working that get their money from taxpayers.
someone in the local paper wrote in (newsday-long island),saying that on long island the public sector workers are the largest tax paying group. just goes to show the misconception people have about public employees, as they are not taxpayers in the true sense of the word. they just give back some of the taxpayer money they recieve in the form of their "taxes"

cj's dad
04-24-2010, 12:02 PM
i was thinking that the system we have is not sustainable
we have about two thirds of the population both working and non-working that get their money from taxpayers.
someone in the local paper wrote in (newsday-long island),saying that on long island the public sector workers are the largest tax paying group. just goes to show the misconception people have about public employees, as they are not taxpayers in the true sense of the word. they just give back some of the taxpayer money they recieve in the form of their "taxes"

With the exception that they buy homes, cars, boats etc... folks on welfare do not buy these items.

boxcar
04-24-2010, 12:08 PM
With the exception that they buy homes, cars, boats etc... folks on welfare do not buy these items.

Correction...you mean before Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act was passed, right? I mean that Act was all about making it easier for these types to buy "affordable" homes because home ownership became some kind of right.

Boxcar

Valuist
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Correction...you mean before Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act was passed, right? I mean that Act was all about making it easier for these types to buy "affordable" homes because home ownership became some kind of right.

Boxcar

Yeah and we see where that got us.

How about this $8K tax break to new homeowners? You can have a credit score of below 550, basically put nothing down (taking into account the tax break) and still get an FHA loan. Then when the market falls again, you can walk away no problem and let society deal with it. Wonderful program.

boxcar
04-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah and we see where that got us.

How about this $8K tax break to new homeowners? You can have a credit score of below 550, basically put nothing down (taking into account the tax break) and still get an FHA loan. Then when the market falls again, you can walk away no problem and let society deal with it. Wonderful program.

I know. It's sick...really, really sick. This social engineering crap must come to a screeching halt because if it doesn't, this country will fall...and fall very hard.

Boxcar

acorn54
04-28-2010, 04:56 PM
i was thinking if people are living on credit, they are borrowing from their future, but sooner or later a person's future is all used up and their is a day of reckoning when the bills have to be paid in full.
apparantly an awful lot of people are going to be working until they die, and the concept of retiring and enjoying the golden years is just a dream for them.

JustRalph
04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
i was thinking if people are living on credit, they are borrowing from their future, but sooner or later a person's future is all used up and their is a day of reckoning when the bills have to be paid in full.
apparantly an awful lot of people are going to be working until they die, and the concept of retiring and enjoying the golden years is just a dream for them.

Where in the hell do you get this idea? They walk away......they don't worry about paying..........

acorn54
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Where in the hell do you get this idea? They walk away......they don't worry about paying..........

that is my point. the system isn't sustainable if the money being spent isn't paid, someone is left holding the bag. i mean the companies that sell the cars and tv sets and whatnot are not giving them to people if they are not going to get money for them at a profit. i mean they can't stay in business very long not selling at a profit.