PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Entries

cj's dad
04-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Today's 9 race card has a total of 77 entries;

Pimlico's card of 9 races has 90 !!

The Polycrap @ K'land is sure attracting big fields !!

point given
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Try Atlantic City for the next 3 days. 12 horses per race 6 races on the turf,starts at 3:30pm

sandpit
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Hell, Indiana Downs is loaded with full fields...on the other hand, opening day at Churchill Downs, which is Saturday, features an early double with six horses in each of the first 2 races. The Churchill entry box will be like a ghost town post-Derby. I feel for the crew trying to fill the races.

Not4Love
04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Where are all the horses? I don't care - Polycrap has ruined the game.. I played this game my whole life. I am done. Had to "come down" from playing for so many years and moved on too the Standardbreds. They run back every week. It's amazing. Good Bye Scott Lake, Peter Walder, kurt Zadie, (Uncle) ed , Anthony Adomo, on and on.

DeanT
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Hell, Indiana Downs is loaded with full fields...on the other hand, opening day at Churchill Downs, which is Saturday, features an early double with six horses in each of the first 2 races. The Churchill entry box will be like a ghost town post-Derby. I feel for the crew trying to fill the races.
Yep, slots rule the world on entries. Truly sad for myself, as the full fields at CD and KEE over the years kept me interested. I have not changed to Indiana Downs, as of yet, and probably won't.

I'd concentrate on AQU today, but the first three races have 5, 6 and 4 horse fields.

ddog
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
There are too many tracks running or trying to run at the same time.

Clearly the horse player population has decreased, clearly the horse owner population has decreased, clearly one can't do business as one has done for decades.

The only hope is for some big boys to buy up some of the tracks for the purpose of shutting them down or just hang around while the horse player goes away and then it will be TOO late, you will never get a customer back that you have ran off.

lamboguy
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Today's 9 race card has a total of 77 entries;

Pimlico's card of 9 races has 90 !!

The Polycrap @ K'land is sure attracting big fields !!li am betting about an average of $2.40 on races at keeneland. i ahve a friend that used to bet $360 per race not betting $12.00 ontrack.

i think its time Keenland wakeup and drink the coffee. synthetic is a bad business proposition. if i were them i would lose the money and sell the polytrack business that they own for cheap money and switch right back to good old fashioned dirt track.

kenwoodallpromos
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Anther sensless thread started simply for uneeded trash talk; If you bet like you criticize, one day is the rule, I want to bet against you!LOL!!
Here's another reason for newbies to stay away from racing and the handle to get smaller!