PDA

View Full Version : AIDS?

bigmack
04-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Some kids are here watching Amercian Idol. (upchuck)

They're talkin' about AIDS. (not HIV but full blown AIDS)

Is that still around, and are we still doling out his deal Bush set-up?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/4_21_10_22_14_32.png

Tom
04-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Why are we sending aid for a disease that is 100% preventable?
Sorry, if you are stupid enough to get AIDS, sucks to be you.
OK, maybe we help you if you get it from a transfusion by a government run health care system.

46zilzal
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Now if only you could get pharma to help out. I applaud the Indian pharmaceutical industry who have reverse engineered many of the anti-virals to block the spread of it in their country and flipping off big Pharma.

Tom
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
If the people take responsibility for their actions, they would not need pharma at all. Preventable is the key word here. You do not "catch" AIDS.

hazzardm
04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
You do not "catch" AIDS.

Tell that to the thousands upon thousands of health care workers, medics, trainers, referees, medics, ..... :confused:

46zilzal
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
If the people take responsibility for their actions, they would not need pharma at all. Preventable is the key word here. You do not "catch" AIDS.
babies get it, tainted blood supplies give it to unsuspecting victims....It is not as black and white as everything in your world seems to be.

Tom
04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Tell that to the thousands upon thousands of health care workers, medics, trainers, referees, medics, ....

babies get it, tainted blood supplies give it to unsuspecting victims....It is not as black and white as everything in your world seems to be.

What percentage of AIDS cases are these?
And again, you do not catch it - it come from behavior. Why waste money on drugs to fight when you problem is people to stupid to run a controlled blood bank? Where do you suppose the biggest bang for our buck will come from?
Where do you suppose the least amount of our money will be needed to fix the root cause?

Again, things are not always as complicated as they seem in your world. Both of your causes are not medical - they are procedural. And they are the minority. I have no problem funding some educational stuff for blood handlers in Africa. It is humanitarian to show people the way out of problems, but I have desire to rent a truck and drive them out. At some point, people have to stand up and take responsibility.

JustRalph
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Tju8qz11HD8

could not find the entire episode

but if you missed this ......it was pretty good

ddog
04-22-2010, 01:59 PM
aids is a cultural disease- if you can create a small subculture in the greater culture via education that understands the methods to avoid , that is about all WE can try to do.

We can send them some drugs for a few years to help them get started, I think that has been done.

We are done, it's UP TO THEM NOW.

While it may ravage their country and lead to horrible problems if not stopped there are LIMITS to what we can do. Sometimes you just have to let the country play out, forcing our way on them, even with good intent is the best way to fail long term as we are so easy to demonize with local population that has MAYBE a 2nd grade understanding of the big picture.

To be frank about it, Bush was not elected to be a great humanitarian, that's pure neo-conned white-washing. He was elected on NO nation building.
On that score anyway he seemed to succeed, sadly it was the American nation he must have had in mind when he ran under that banner.

I would expect the same video treatment of the bloodthirsty obama as he certainly is all for "humanitarian wealth redistribution" all over the world and even in this country.

A great humanitarian this bloodthirsty obama, a great great man indeed.

Grits
04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Guys, if one truly believes it only to be a cultural thing, tell it to the seniors in Florida who've used real poor judgement late in life, choosing who they sleep with. And how many partners they roll in the hay with.

Do a google search, via "Condo Cowboys", HIV, CBS News". A report I saw when aired.

Take a look at the percentages of HIV and AIDS among those thought to be way too old and way past too tired.

"Well, I never thought about him using a condom."

:faint: THUD!

Well, honey, that didn't work out to well for ya, now did it?

Stupidity is ageless; it has no bounds.:rolleyes:

46zilzal
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
The largest per capita group with newly diagnosed HIV is hetero's over 50...Has been for a long time now.

bigmack
04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
The largest per capita group with newly diagnosed HIV is hetero's over 50...Has been for a long time now.
How 'bout a link less than 5 years old supporting this?

Grits
04-22-2010, 04:18 PM
How 'bout a link less than 5 years old supporting this?

Sorry Mack, best I could do. Maybe you can contact NIH.gov. or the CDC.

More and more seniors--living longer and moving to southern states with warmer climates every year. Maybe check around Hilton Head, I hear golf's bigger there. Arizona, too.:faint:

bigmack
04-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry Mack, best I could do. Maybe you can contact NIH.gov. or the CDC.
More and more seniors--living longer and moving to southern states with warmer climates every year. Maybe check around Hilton Head, I hear golf's bigger there. Arizona, too.:faint:
You're on the list, Grits. And it ain't no Christmas list!

I have standards to uphold.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/boss1.gif

Grits
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

But Mack, still, one can't deny these women were stupid!

If I hear any of 'em relocating to Coronado Beach, I'll let ya know.

Me--I'd just as soon have a registered sex offender living next door as one of these "specialty cowboys."

:lol: GAWD.:lol:

bigmack
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
:lol: GAWD.:lol:
On an unrelated matter, I am equally upset you never informed me Dodge hemi trucks go through petrol like Cookie Monster goes through a box of Chips Ahoy. :ThmbDown:

http://mobennett.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/cookie1.jpg

Somehow, I'll get even. :eek:

bigmack
04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Now that the frivolity is over, ya gotta link or what?