PDA

View Full Version : TVG Trotters...

Lasix67
04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
One thing TVG has done to make the trotters more appealing to the bettors is to show PP's on the program and break down the form. I don't bet trotters but it is a nice idea to get new people involved. I think this would be a great idea, especially for the new players that they do the same thing with thoroughbreds since the pp's can seem like a foreign language to a lot of players, just please leave out their selections.

pandy
04-20-2010, 10:52 PM
It is a good idea. I've done youtube videos similar to what TVG does, and people really seem to like them.

lamboguy
04-20-2010, 11:02 PM
they are doing a great job creating interest in the game.

the thing about tvg is that they give everything their full effort. call them corny, arrogant or whatever you want to call them, they try. the other station just goes through the motions and can't wait till their shifts are up so they can go home and drink their beers.

netbet
04-21-2010, 10:40 AM
I have to agree about TVG. Yes, they may have some bad moments but they are trying to promote the sport. At least when I turn on TVG I get racing of some sort...unlike HRTV that wants to show me....show jumping or something else. Now before anyone flames me....there is nothing wrong with show jumping or whatever....but HRTV stands for Horse RACING TV.

I do like to watch Carolyn Conley and Laffit Pincay III on HRTV.

Enjoy the last 3 days at Keeneland.

Tom
04-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Two words on why I watch TVG more now....Zoe Cadman. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if they would concentrate on educating people how to play the game, how to read the PPS, how to formulate bets instead on mindless selection for P4 and P6 bets, they would be doing more for the game. To me, getting new people focused on high risk/low hit bets like P4 and P6 is stupid.
You go broke the first few times you go to the track is a negative. Win ten bucks after beers and you might come back.

46zilzal
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I watch about 40 pacing races per week for the last three years. I have tried all manner of way to make them interesting.....It has not worked.

LottaKash
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
I watch about 40 pacing races per week for the last three years. I have tried all manner of way to make them interesting.....It has not worked.

46, perhaps learning how to "bet on them and Win" would help....It is very interesting to me when a horse that I have bet on, is in contention, and wins, actually, both interesting as well as gratifying...I find that, just watching a T-bred race without any legal tender on anything, is just as uninteresting to me, as the trots are to you...Money makes the mare go...

Just curious, as you find the Trots so uninteresting, why do you bother to watch at all...?....I mean 40 races a week...I suspect that you haven't found a way to the cashier, as of yet...

46zilzal
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Just curious, as you find the Trots so uninteresting, why do you bother to watch at all...?....I mean 40 races a week...I suspect that you haven't found a way to the cashier, as of yet...
I work there and the judges are wonderful in answering my questions, I love the grit of the tougher breed of horse but after all of that, no interest in handicapping or wagering on them.

LottaKash
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
I work there and the judges are wonderful in answering my questions, I love the grit of the tougher breed of horse but after all of that, no interest in handicapping or wagering on them.

Fair enough 46, now I understand the 40 races of it...Oh well, me, I still love it all tho, especially when you catch the crowd with their panties down... Even after all these years, my adrenalin still gets a pumpin at times...

best,

Canarsie
04-21-2010, 01:42 PM
There is only one reason they show them

MONEY MONEY MONEY

I pay $50 a month for what they show and it's priceless to me. But the bottom line is they are getting paid to show and explain them there isn't any other rational to it.

Remember myhorseplayer it was the same deal as they gave them away and explained them hoping to entice the base.

Still they are doing a disservice to the player when a host who isn't adept at harness gives their picks. Most of the time it's money down the drain. That's why I respect Perloff so much as he refuses to handicap quarters or harness because it's out of his league.

If you have a Droid phone here's a great link for a free odds calculator I just downlaoded it. Other phones or computers could just use the link. It's a fun tool to use. My bad if someone else posted it before.

http://www.trackmaster.com/retail/mobile.htm

InsideThePylons-MW
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM
There is only one reason they show them

MONEY MONEY MONEYStill they are doing a disservice to the player when a host who isn't adept at harness gives their picks. Most of the time it's money down the drain.

You mean when Nick the Stooge or Todd Schmuck give out their harness picks they aren't profitable even though both are all-star experts?

ranchwest
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I wonder if there is a rights issue with showing the TB PP's on TV. Seems like there would be. It would be a good promotion.

BombsAway Bob
04-21-2010, 05:48 PM
I wonder if there is a rights issue with showing the TB PP's on TV. Seems like there would be. It would be a good promotion.
Tuesday from 8Pm-Mid/ET,
Frank Mirahmadi used "PP-Cam" (trademark pending)
to go over the ENTIRE Wednesday Hollywood card.
One Race every 20min. or so, between live action, Frank went thru every horse in every race with PP-Cam, showing likely faves, interesting price horses with DRF's PDF PP's. Very Well Done, & Frank deserves KUDOS for taking "The 3,000-mile Couch/Dream Weaver" Harness PP-Cam and using it for T'Breds! Perfect for weeknight action.

garyoz
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
http://www.trackmaster.com/retail/mobile.htm

Thanks for the link. Nice application (of course we are off topic). Probably should start a mobile application thread.

Lasix67
04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the links. A very Nice addition to the show. I hope more is to come because I think this is a very good way to get new players into the game and average players more educated to play more.