PDA

View Full Version : The Meadows Tues. 4/20

markgoldie
04-20-2010, 11:11 AM
After posting three successful cards in a row, I'll try for one more.

Race 1: #4 Upfront Hannahsboy- Made a winning move in last but was reeled in late by the ultra-sharp Valentowner. I do not see the quality in this field to make him work hard enough for the latter to catch him today.

Race 2: #7 Stately's Hoss- Red hot, having won 4 in a row. Don't see what prevents him from getting his 5th here.

Race 7: Exacta Box 1 and 3. #1 Pedro Island is a very nice racehorse making second start off a layoff. Should be very tough in second start. #3 Red Hot Scandal went 1st over against the very good Jojo N Goliath in last and lived to tell about it.

Race 9: Too complicated to give a full reasoning, but I like a trifecta play here, which is: 2,4,7,8/2,4,7,8/1,2,4,7,8. This is $72 for a $2 punch.

Race 10: #1 Barrymore- Last raced on the April 9th track which was unusual in that it turned much slower as the races went along. Had this race gone earlier in the card, it may well have been sub- 1:58. Goldberg very good off claim and the Goldberg/Ledford combination has resulted in 6 wins from 8 drives this year.

Race 13: Absolutely a two-horse affair with #3 Totally Empresive shipping in from a Woodbine series for Burke and #5 Go Get Em second over the track for McDermott, who is subbing here for Erv Miller. The question is how to play the race. Palone no doubt had his choice of drives and I think he made the right choice. Let's play a cold exacta 5 - 3.

mirror Image
04-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Nice going Mark the past few days, keep it going :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

traynor
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Some nice, solid plays on top contenders. Good calls!

LottaKash
04-21-2010, 03:42 AM
MG, attaboy...:ThmbUp:

best,

am1947
04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Nice job :) :) :) :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

AM

markgoldie
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks for my attaboys. Need them bad in the morning with my coffee.

Selections had every right to be better, which I just mention in passing because the possibilities of trip are so many and varied that nearly every GOOD result is a function of luck, let alone the bad ones.

That being said, Valentowner from his outside post was sent out tentatively by Wilder, who had every intention of taking him back to last if nothing developed, but a giant hole opened in fourth position and he took it. Then, when he made his necessary first-over bid, Grismore's horse couldn't keep the hole closed and he was able to drop in behind Up Front Hannasboy where he tracked that one for second and eventually beat him by a nostril in the last stride.

In the trifecta play, Kyle Bolon's horse apparently locked or brushed wheels in the last turn, knocking him back and causing his late rally to fall short by a head or so at 18-1 (or thereabouts). While we cashed the tri, with him on top it would probably have paid at least twice as much.

Finally, Barrymore made a break behind the gate and had to go a 29 second quarter to catch it, after which he launched a tremendous bid but flattened a bit in the stretch to finish second. Watch this horse in the future because if he gets away with the gate he will destroy this company.