PDA

View Full Version : Bob Pandolpho's Spa Diamond Software

Vinnie
08-21-2001, 10:10 AM
I know that in the game of Horse Racing Mr. Bob Pandolpho is very well respected for his knowledge of the game. Has anyone out there used his somewhat newer software product which contains the "Diamond SPA Rating"? Also, if you have used his software with any measure of effectiveness, what is your overall rating for his software?

Any help that anyone could render would be greatly appreciated.

andicap
08-21-2001, 10:28 AM
I was always under the impression that Pandolfo was better with the trotters...I don't think anyone on this board -- outside of PA -- will know much about him since he's NY-based and has very little national recognition.

I talked on the phone with him once -- a real earthy guy -- very nice. Can't say whether his stuff is any good.

Tom
08-21-2001, 01:14 PM
Pandy used to make the speed figures and variants for
Racing Weekly years ago. I have seen printouts of his
program and also read a lot of his articles. His speed figs
back then were very good on the NYRA circuit. He has been around a long time and is pretty wll known. You can visit his website-I think there is a link to it from the USTA webpage. I will post it tonight when I get home.
Tom

Vinnie
08-21-2001, 01:58 PM
Thanks a bunch for the nice post Tom. I would appreciate it if you would post his link when you get the chance to.

Tom
08-21-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie
Thanks a bunch for the nice post Tom. I would appreciate it if you would post his link when you get the chance to.

http://www.sharphorses.com/index.htm

http://www.ustrotting.com/handicapping/pandolfo/pandy.cfm

Tom
08-21-2001, 09:27 PM
Here is an example of the print out.
Tom

Tom
08-25-2001, 11:38 AM
I just realized that Pandy is posting his diamond rating printouts the morning of the races. You can print them out and check out the performance on races not yet run.
I just printed out today's . That's confidence-a whole month of pre-race testing.
Tom

andicap
08-25-2001, 03:00 PM
Bob Pandolfo himself registered for this website today.
I'm sure we'll be hearing from him soon and I look forward to it. He's a regular guy.

Vinnie
08-27-2001, 12:01 PM
Tom,

Thanks for the Post and the printout. Just from looking from the outside you seem to be pretty impressed with Mr. Pandolpho's software. Do you currently integrate his ratings somehow within your own handicapping techniques? Do you recommend the software as a good buy?

By the by, thanks a lot for posting the printout. I like how it appears!

Tom
08-27-2001, 01:44 PM
I am downoading te saily SPA printouts and evaluating them for another week.
I do plan to buy his harness version-I like to watch the Meadowlands at night and already play Pandy's line, with some nice success at times.
Harness is just fun and relaxation for me-I don't intend to go at as serious as t-breds, but I need a good program to use and Pandy's seems to be it.
Tom

Vinnie
08-27-2001, 07:52 PM
Tom,

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but, didn't Bob Pandolpho used to put out plays on the harness circuit using his own systems of play for a time? I have only heard very good things about his knowledge on both Harness and T-Bred racing.

Also, thanks for the tip on checking his site to look for some plays that may be of benefit so anyone can see for themselves how his software is doing at a particular track.

Tom
08-27-2001, 10:28 PM
Pandy puts out The Line for the Meadowlands - it's at
this website:
http://www.ustrotting.com/handicapping/pandolfo/pandy.cfm

pandy
08-27-2001, 11:43 PM
Hello everyone, this is Bob Pandolfo. Just replying to correct the spelling of my name, and to let everyone know that information on the Diamond System Software is available at www.sharphorses.com.

If you click on Systems & Methods you'll see some printouts. I've also been posting the Saratoga Diamond Printouts (with my own pace line). Click on Spa Diamonds. The Top Diamond Rating has produced some very good longshot winners at the Saratoga meeting. I've also been using it at Del Mar, and the ratings have been solid. I particularly like it when a horse has the top or 2nd best Diamond Rating, but has a Diamond Pace rating that is 5 points lower (better) than any other horse in the race. I'm not surprised that these pace advantage horses have done well in sprints. But, at Saratoga, they've been doing well in routes and on grass, which is somewhat surprising.

Pandy

Tom
08-28-2001, 09:30 AM
Welcome, Pandy.
Always nice to have new ideas and people come to the board.
Tom

melman
08-28-2001, 10:33 AM
Let me second Tom's welcome to you Pandy. I check out your site for The Meadowlands Harness at all times. You do a pro job. I have been using the sheets at www.simuhelp.com also. They have some VERY impressive results. Will check out your site and again welcome to the best internet horse site around.

FortuneHunter
08-28-2001, 12:23 PM
Dear Pandy,

I was wondering if your system has the ability to track the performance of the Diamond Rating (DR). If so, I would be interested in knowing what your DR performance is for the Spa 2001 Meet.

I am also a Database/Computer Program Handicapper. I have a database for NYRA racing. I track performance of our computer-generated selections by Week and by Meet. Right now I track Win% and Win ROI for the 4 selections per race and for the top 4 Speed rankings. I also break it down by class, surface, distance when the sample size allows.

I am looking to compare our systems performance against others. I post our performance at our website www.handicappers-datamine.com . The Spa 2001 Meet numbers will out next week.

Looking forward to hearing from you, FH

Vinnie
08-28-2001, 10:02 PM
Pandy,

Welcome to the PaceAdvantage BB! I kind of started this thread inquiring about your "Diamond System Software"! I want to apologize about the misspelling of your name Mr. Pandolfo. Believe me, it would never be my intention to offend you. I merely thought that it was the correct spelling when I had originally posted.

All the BEST to you Pandy!

Vinnie
09-16-2001, 04:31 PM
Mr. Pandolfo,

How's it going?! I have a quick question for you!

When using your Diamond Software does it utilize the TrackMaster Data files (PP's) that run for about a buck only?! Just curious.

Thanks a bunch!